[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 86 KB, 1070x601, 33481015d04b3974f9ed7acf616592901b13507ebdabf48ee1d6d09d63acc2c4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
53749636 No.53749636 [Reply] [Original]

Working in corporations involves this weird degree of prostitution where you've got to cuck yourself in various ways through fake enthusiasm, fake pretending to like people, fake cheerfulness, fake wanting to put emojis in to the chat, fake wanting to talk about your personal life with others.

I really underestimate this each time I start a new job. It's like every single bureaucratic workspace is being increasingly a contest about who can become a shrieking women or homosexual faux youtuber theatre kid who can "bring the energy". There's always a moment early in jobs that feels like a sliding door moment: "Do I want to join the Pointless Ways of Working Subgroup for Endless Bullshitting?" "....Um, no, but maybe in a few months...". And then I realise my prospects are destroyed.

>> No.53749790

>>53749636
Yes. This is what manual labor Neanderthals don't get. It's a fucked up mental game.

>> No.53749807

>>53749636
This is the worst part yes.

>> No.53749824

know what you mean I can't stand the disingenuousness of corporate culture. I'm actually jealous of the people who buy into that shit wish I was able to trick myself like that so I could fit in better

>> No.53749864
File: 271 KB, 680x435, 0df.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is what I tell many people about the realities of corporate jobs:
> There is no meritocracy. Promotions are based on your overall popularity and if all levels of managers personally like you or not.
> Because of above, you'll often see the "class clowns" getting promotions extremely fast and the hard working autist keeps getting passed over for promotion because they "aren't communicating with the team well enough".
> Summing up the two points above - the gist of it is that high school never truly ends after high school. The popular kids (the douchebags, clowns, stacies, etc.) always win, both socially and fiscally in college and work.

>> No.53749954

>>53749864
Yes, people that are pleasant to talk to and be around that are liked by others get management roles. Surprise, nobody wants to work for the guy in the corner that can't make eye contact with women and is the only person that refuses to go to the Christmas party. Also the popular people are usually 10x nicer than the miserable fucks on here. They're not gonna put someone that hates people in charge of 20 people. They're gonna have him stay in the corner and write code because that's all he's capable of.

>> No.53749964

>>53749636
you can just larp as a jew, learn some tribe codes and use it to get promotions, it's really THAT easy

>> No.53749974

>>53749636
its modern day slavery

>> No.53749992

Another episode of underage chuds crying about shit they have never even experienced before
>cucking
it’s not cucking when you are paid well with amazing benefits. cope with your state funded garbage insurance and neet bux

>> No.53750000
File: 4 KB, 250x200, 1630579968448s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>53749636
>fake enthusiasm, fake pretending to like people, fake cheerfulness, fake wanting to put emojis in to the chat, fake wanting to talk about your personal life with others.
yes, yes i hate it so fucking bad anons

>> No.53750031

>>53749636
It's called work, Doreen. Put on your big girl panties and walk it off.

>> No.53750041

>>53749636
Non fags get promoted by other non fags, your use of emojis points you out as a fag. I assume it’s different at the FA(N)G companies, but most large corps are still run by honest straight white men.

>> No.53750068

Suck it up you fucking zoomer, I started 50k as an entry level office wagie, dressed like I gave a shit, volunteered for things, provided solutions to problems and within 1 year was 80k and full time wfh within 2 years 120k. I slack off all day now naked and I earned that right by suffering for one year and knowing how to appear useful to my superiors, if you aren’t smart enough to deserve that you deserve entry level hell

>> No.53750117

>>53750000
>>53749864
>>53749636
>emoji's le bad
>chudjack reaction images le heckin GOOD!

Fuck off retards.

>> No.53750125

>>53749992
>it’s not cucking when you are paid well with amazing benefits.
You sound like a sugar baby coping like "Yeah, I have to fuck this disgusting old man, but at least he pays my rent and buys me nice things."

>> No.53750146

yeah wagecucks are weird
couldn't be me
not sure why you faggots insist on posting on a BUSINESS & FINANCE board

>> No.53750151

>>53750068
absolutely based. zoomers really don't get the idea of sacrifice. reddit antiwork woke folk believe they should get paid $200 /hr to bag my groceries.
>>53749992
exactly. "wah, i had to talk about the weather for 5 minutes while I got a hot coffee and had to eat free lunch with someone and got paid $100k a year to do it all while having my 401k matched, life is truly suffering"
>>53749954
yup. basic people skills are like a super power in the corporate world. You can quickly climb the ladder and offload a fuck ton of manual work, and in the process become a force multiplier, which is a much more recession proof job than most individual contributors.

>> No.53750163

>>53750125
>producing labor is LITERALLY RAPE
I get the feeling you're the kinda guy who wears a "male feminist" shirt.

>> No.53750178

I know how to play the fake social game after 3 jobs and social engineered myself into two promotions. Basically did fucking nothing at work at current job for the "hard workers" to pick up the slack(they always do) They are never seen , so i get the credit for it, i always talk up a storm with co-workers and management, and make sure all my shifts is when management is most active, and make management and co-workers the center of the conversation to make them feel good in a non-kiss ass way. The moment you seem kiss-ass, its over, like some of the harder workers try offering the boss coffee or working for fucking free for an hour after shift.

After this i make sure to get simple, but highly visible work/projects done thats important. Managers don't remember regular work, only the important ones. If the 'hard worker' speaks out against you at this point, they will look jealous and be shrugged off.

I got promoted two times doing this, and i do fuck all basically still. There is a sly motherfucker in my new higher position though, he knows how to manipulate conversations like i do. We both know about eachother at a unspoken level for our bullshit, but we both play pretend nice. He's my competition at the moment. Thinking about ways to sabotage his work. His competitive edge is that he is taller, and he's already tried sabotaging me once in conversation, not a direct blame, but indirectly.

Office politics is wild, i could probably be a politician at this point.

>> No.53750243

>>53750178
there's a reason so many prominent politicians come from the corporate world or have run their own businsses. IT's not that they're so much smarter or business savvy, etc. It's that they know how to plat the game. That's all this is. It's a fucking game. A game where you're rewarded an extra $20k a year if you do well and a bigger office and the ability to sell yourself better for another job hop.

>> No.53750246
File: 439 KB, 492x503, 1654282455199.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Currently work at one of the major credit card processors and you explain it to a t. Not only do you have to fake it to make it, but you have to prove that you can get OTHER people to do your work. we had a guy doing helpdesk for a niche point of sale software and they convinced him to work as a dev for the program and put in 60 hours a week in exchange for a title and high pay. 4 years of this abuse later and he had to fight just to barely get an extra 10k but no title upgrade, but was getting all of this extra work stolen credit wise. you'd have literal white women in their 50s have no relation to that department or even that branch of the company, that can barely use a computer take 100% credit of all his development and progression for the software he worked on, and not even throw his name around in conferences. about a year ago he decided to just drop it all and went back to regular helpdesk, and now the program has no one developing it at all lmao.

its much more then just faking enthusiasm, they want to see just how good you can convince others to do everything for you.

>> No.53750263

>>53749954
>Yes, people that are pleasant to talk to and be around that are liked by others get management roles

you mean the kids who have advanced degrees and grew up rich and dad got them their internship and first job so they have nothing to be grumpy about then blame their promotions on superficial things like attitude and work ethic

>> No.53750279

>>53750178
Spike his coffee with a hallucinogen. Don't make this more complicated than it needs to be.

>> No.53750294

>>53750246
The reality is that people only care about results and deliverability. No one cares if I know how to build a bridge. They only care that I got the engineers to build it. They don't care if I micro managed them, motivate them, inspire them, or just crack a whip. As long as they can bill the customer for a $5 million bridge then they will be happy and give me the promotion and bonus

>> No.53750315

>>53750246
>its much more then just faking enthusiasm, they want to see just how good you can convince others to do everything for you.
also, in corporate speak, this is called a "force multiplier" lol

>> No.53750317

>>53750151
>reddit antiwork woke folk believe they should get paid $200 /hr to bag my groceries.
it was pretty cool when it started.
tons of people were straight up NEETs making fun of wagies.
then of course they got popular and started "yea, I love my job, I just want to be paid a living wage!"
and now it's like, "no no no $15/hr is not enough, how can you expect me to live off $30/hr? I can't even afford my double machiotto with $60/hr. we need UBI now, now less then $100/hr"
also trannies walking dogs.

>> No.53750409

>>53749790
Bruh why do you think I'm still working factory jobs?
Not dealing with bullshit or being metoo'd over not flirting just because the fat HR girl thinks I'm cute is literally more valuable to me than money.
>>53750000
Checked. Fuck corporate, fuck roasties.
>>53750068
>I'm lying to myself, and you should too!
enjoy your soul rot, faggot.
9/11 was a blessing, and every last office faggot there deserved their fiery demise.

>> No.53750543

>>53750409
soul rot? Anon, I my soul is rich from being able to afford a good life for my family. I'd gladly exchange some bullshit pleasantries so I Can do bjj with my son, put my girl in dance classes, and enjoy dates with my wife, all while being able to afford a comfortable upper middle class life style without enough to invest.

>> No.53750623

>>53750543
now you sound like a survivor.
perhaps I can interest you in the WEF's globohomo scam coin, often denoted as the Hebrew Hashgraph.
Show fealty to the WEF and you will be rewarded with wealth beyond your desires.

>> No.53750649
File: 106 KB, 1024x1017, 1655228914141.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>53750623
this you?

>> No.53750719

>>53750178
>make management and co-workers the center of the conversation to make them feel good in a non-kiss ass way
This is redpill about charisma, something people don't understand about charisma is it's not about making yourself look good but making others look/feel good that makes you charismatic. Most people fail at charisma by peacock boasting about themselves which is the opposite of good charisma.
>The moment you seem kiss-ass, its over,
This is especially important too, you want to be "suave" and "genuine" about promoting others to be charismatic, not a brown noser.

>> No.53750769
File: 86 KB, 886x720, terryBird.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>53750649
I support the WEF, Ukraine, and Israel.
and yet somehow, you've confused me with MAGA.
I'm not sure how we got here, nor how you can be that retarded.

>> No.53750775

>>53750769
>Haha I like retarded things and you mistook me for a retard haha
Hmm I wonder....

>> No.53750903

My ex-boss kept fish in the office. At least half, if not all, the fish would die every 3 months. Ex-boss would just buy new ones. He would spend half the day fucking around with his fish tank. Would rope me into helping him with checking the PH levels or just staring at the fucking shrimp.

Another time my ex-boss's kid wanted to play with me whilst I was working. I told the kid politely that no, I'm working, go do something else. My ex-boss from the other room says 'play with her, anon'. So I did, I cucked in that moment. It was my first office job so I wasn't prepared for this level of bullshit, but I will be if I do work in an office again.

What gets me is the fake friendliness of it all, but it is never so much that people actually pretend to care about you. I got fired from my last job because I just couldn't bring myself to humour my boss's bullshit anymore. He said I'd 'put my foot in it' when I told him once that I wanted to set boundaries at the office. My contract says I finish at 5pm, so that's when I'm going home. I walked it back twice but then one day I just said 'no, that's what my contract says, if the worklod for the day is reasonable and I haven't gotten it done I'll stay a bit longer, but otherwise I'm leaving at 5pm.'.

Bare in mind he was paying me rougly 5-6k less than standard for my position. He said he was 'giving me an opportunity'. The bastard is a workholic who uses his money to make people tolerate him. Good riddance.

>> No.53750919

>>53750125
except im working a comfy job from my bedroom at home with all of the comforts and freedoms that come along with it, not fucking an old man who is disgusting for money. you are so dramatic it's easy to tell you are not white or just underaged. There is a reason the smart people on the planet (whites, asians) work and the lesser subhumans don't.

>> No.53750923
File: 7 KB, 200x200, E312DF63-2374-4381-B3E1-89CA3EF0307A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>53749636
When you really think about it wagies are below slaves. Slaves never had to worry about rent and food over their tables. They also got a fellow slave waifu to breed with so that the master can have more children. Compare that to the modern wagie who has to constantly worry about the diminishing value of his slave bucks and at best having a 30+ roastie wife who’ll divorce rape him. Even in terms of suicide a slave is superior to a wagie. If a slave kys he knows for a fact that he damaged his master financially even if for a little. Meanwhile a wagie can commit suicide and the only one who’ll notice are his fellow wageslaves after everyone in the office will receive an email discussing the death of the wagie. A slave might gain the trust and friendship of his slave master leading to a better position for himself. Meanwhile the average wagie is just a cog in a machine and his CEO doesn’t even know he exists.
Furthermore a wagie has to pretend he likes his work, his colleagues and the customers everyday while constantly being accommodating towards them creating a fake persona. During job interviews for places he himself “chose” he has to pretend he is actually interested in the company rather than just admitting he wants his pay check, playing court jester to people who clearly see him as a new potential slave. In comparison a slave doesn’t have to smile nor pretend he is actually happy. On the contrary a slave is supposed to stay quiet and not be noticed. This his position reflects his societal standing. A slave doesn’t have to fake happiness the way a modern wagie has to. The slave represents truth and honesty while the wagie is the walking embodiment of dishonesty.
Think about it rationally.

>> No.53750945

>>53750923
>frogpostnigger
stopped reading there

>> No.53750959

>>53750945
Do your tranny friends know you are throwing bad words around?

>> No.53750989
File: 74 KB, 385x465, wwwyzzerdd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>53750775
>haha i'll sell my soul to consoom
>have you heard of the HBARFoundation?
>get assblasted
and you will be left in the digital dust.
just remember, you could've had a pod.