[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 60 KB, 1024x792, 1643518033613.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
53500981 No.53500981 [Reply] [Original]

The modern educational system a gigantic scam.
I am a student and a professor at the same time so I have been able to identify the problem on both ends. Lets start from the beginning
>The educational system promoted it self as a knowledge and competence building institution, the knowledge gained is extremely limited compared to the ~17 years of investment and the only competence you gain is passing exams, thats it
>The educational system restricts itself to theoretical courses because any practical competence, which is built through hands-on practice, is too expensive (for them) for mass consumption, it requires tools, materials and lots of space, making undesirable for the high profit margins of just selling the act of reading theoretical slides
>For that vast majority of people who come out of the educational system, they cant point to 1, not even fucking one, thing that they are competent in and has use in the real world AND they can directly apply to earn money from any other person, most need a corporation to hold their hand on doing something specific that does not do anything by itself, meaning that you cant sell that thing alone, but your act of nominally doing it justifies a salary although it would never justify a purchase

>> No.53500989

>Think about investing 17 or even more years to collect papers from a closed circle of Expert Institutions(tm) that NOMINALLY say that you know something when all you have done in reality is read theory and pass exams, no competence is gained in anything real
>There is no reason that after 20-25 years of lived experience, you cant be an expert or at least practically competent at at least ONE thing
>The biggest problem is that the elders rest on the assumption that through the educational system you gain real world skills (even if you ask a professor he would laugh at that idea) and they dont bother teaching you or even allow you to tinker by yourself with anything outside of "educational" hours, that is too dangerous, costly and requires being a helpful parent
On the other end
>being a professor is the easiest thing in the world, you speak and you point, that is all there is to it
>you prepare "the material" in a week and use the same thing for decades
>nobody checks you because all other professors are equally unnecessary, a crow never eats another crows eye
>hours are minimal, hourly rate is bigger than anything sort of being a CEO of a gigacorp

Conclusion: The only reason you go through "education" is because of the false assumption that "you get good at, well, something". The fact that you have to waste 17 or more years of your life to gain nothing is suicide material.
I suggest getting out of the educational system today and getting good at something you can make by yourself and, at best, you can use for yourself. Else I will keep milking you.

>> No.53501033

I know I am preaching to the choir but I have never seen anyone talk about how bad and wasteful the educational system is.
Get out, this is an order.

>> No.53501055

>>53500981
What should I do instead I’m a rotting retail wagie right now

>> No.53501079

>>53501055
You know at least one person who is good at something. Ask him to teach you how to do things. Thats what I did.

>> No.53501085

But I earn $300K+ all thanks to my education background.

>> No.53501124

>>53500989
>>53500981
The modern educational system was designed from the beginning with the intent to NOT let you think anything wild, starting from the first European university in Bologna, founded in the 11th century - not coincidentally the time during which Arabic translations of classical Greek texts had started to find their way back into Europe.
Can't have them niggas any of that nonsense, after all. Thus they interposed professors (professors of the faith: https://www.etymonline.com/word/professor)) between the students and the texts to make sure that they had the correct (and, insofar as possible: not applicable to the real world) interpretation of... sure, they were nice and whatnot, but nonetheless Pagan texts.
Imagine if someone got his hands on Plato's writings (or worse yet: Plotinus or Epictetus) and thought that they weren't just some abstract nonsense for people in classrooms. We can't have that sort of thing, can we?
In summary: The system works exactly as designed.

>> No.53501147

>>53500981
k

>> No.53501202

>>53500981
all these words to describe what my boomer uncle said and what i figured out in 10th grade

>> No.53501209

>>53501079
>>53500989
>T. Art history women studies major

If you go into stem half the shit they teach you, you cant even learn at home cause it costs so much money. Electronics, wet lab, obscure problems that are at the peak of the field.

The dont go to college bullshit is the biggest filter of the century. Yea you shouldn't go to college if youre not prepared for calculus, physics 101, and bio 101, etc. You should study that at home then apply for college. But once you get your basics down, college is absolutely necessary both for connections and for the opportuntiy to learn field work

>> No.53501327

>>53500981
I agree with this. 90% of shit taught in university is shit that's already taught in high school. I feel like I'm wasting my time but I have only one semester to go so w/e.
t. biology major.

>> No.53501354

I did a diploma in 1 year and walked into a 125k job. Eat shit, noskills.

>> No.53501433

>>53501124
Correct me if I misunderstood:
You think that a professor just interpolates important texts? That would be marginally more useful than what the modern professor does.
Nowadays the only function of a professor is gatekeeping certifications that, again, nominally say that you are either good or just know about something, when in reality they dont translate to any real competence.
Meaningless certifications in exchange for 2 decades of your conscience and A LOT of money, no refunds ofcourse. There are exceptions but this is the rule. I dont know what your experience has been.
>>53501209
Not only all these things can be taught outside of the educational system if you know 1 competent person but the biggest problem is the time investment. Compared the the 2 decades you invest, the minimal competences you get are not worth it.
I am now coming our of the other end of a degree that is supposed to be the shit but in reality it was just our of scope filler courses, recycled theory and minimal to no practice. Stop advertising this.
And I ask you: when you came out of the educational system, was there ONE (1) thing that you could say "now after all these years, I can do X and that makes the investment worth it"?

>> No.53501628

>>53501433
>You think that a professor just interpolates important texts? That would be marginally more useful than what the modern professor does.
>Nowadays the only function of a professor is gatekeeping certifications that
That's a harsh judgment, but even if we suppose it's true, it'd be completely in line with the goal of educational institutions. They were always there to ensure that you don't connect too many dots (even if the occasional reformer didn't realize that), which is why they only teach you very narrow, specialized knowledge. Them not teaching you even that is of course the final, degenerated state of the institution, as they, by and large, refuse to adapt to new methods and knowledge. Why would they adapt? They have a captive market. The people who say that you do need those certifications are actually correct. If you have to go there no matter what, what incentive do they have to improve what they sell?

>> No.53501904

ITT homeschoolers

>> No.53502880

>>53500981
I thought I was smart until I realized I had to go through the whole thing to get that it's a scam. It's so obvious in hindsight that I'm genuinely frightened that 99.99% of the people never come to this realization. Imagine spending 15-20 years as an apprentice to a (simulated) master. There's no way you're not a world class virtuoso in the thing after all that time if you have triple digit iq. People should be begging for you to do things for them, and yet, the reality is that after 15-20 years you have to go around and beg people to enslave you. How is everyone ok with this utter absurdity?

>> No.53503291

>>53500981
WOULDNT THIS MANY OBSTACLES DERAIL THE TRAIN THOUGH?

>> No.53503355
File: 104 KB, 288x326, i-have-brain-its-only-for-show.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP is definitely not associated with STEM/Law/Medicine. Whether you become a professional or not is up to the student. On top of that, all of those professions demand constant learning and professional development.

>> No.53503439

Well, you're educated, but you're wrong about why.
The education system has been hijacked to produce people who are smart enough to perform, but too poorly educated to know why they are performing.
The education system in the US makes good employees, and teaches you to Subject Yourself, even to absurdity. The education system teaches you to hate yourself, even those things which made you strong.

This is not a mistake, it is a plan, outlined in Dialogues in Hell Between Machiavelli and Montesquieu, and seems to have been inacted by the World Zionist Congress as funded by the Rothschilds of London and Paris.

>> No.53503458

I went to college in Japan and just partied all day. Shit was so cash!

>> No.53503479

>>53503355
>all of those professions demand constant learning and professional development
BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH+

>> No.53503486

you know when poeple said decades ago that the education system is to blame
they didn't mean let's put more money into it

>> No.53503545
File: 865 KB, 2544x4000, 1645654084576.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>53500981
>be not retarded
>do well in high school, get merit scholarship because good grades
>100% tuition paid for any in-state university, get into the best one in my state
>take 3-4 classes per semester (easy A's when you aren't stressed with 5+ classes, nobody cares if you take 6 years to graduate)
>do full-time internships every summer, part-time internships during the semester
>graduate with a job offer 50% higher than my peers
>company pays 100% for a masters degree
>gonna enroll soon

sucks to suck op imagine paying for your own education lmaooooooooooooo

>> No.53503622

the only value of going to school is learning how to manuever social dynamics and not growing up to be a sperg. that's literally it. and that's good enough.

>> No.53503821

>>53503545
Thank you for giving me consolation on taking 6 years to graduate. That has been getting to me recently.
t. finance chad with an internship lined up

>> No.53503833

>>53503622
I failed that course. Passed everything else though

>> No.53503863

Man. The rightwing propaganda against education really got a ton of people here.

>> No.53503911

>>53500981
An antivaxxer made that picture as a dog whistle.
Disgusting, the vaccine is safe and effective, cry more incel.

>> No.53503923
File: 223 KB, 2047x771, Dw9jpIIUYAEdgkW.jpg large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>53503622
>go to school
>surrounded by niggers
>get picked on for getting good grades, existing, and being white
>learn that modern girls are for pumps and dumps, no marriage material in my gen
>talk to no one
>have a stable career while they work at fast food
Eh. I'd rather be homeschooled, but then again I don't have loving parents. Fuck society bro.

>> No.53504150

>>53503923
>Be dysgenic trash
At the point at which your parents didn't put you in a white school district we already knew your parents are shit. You didn't have to further elaborate.

>> No.53504241

>>53504150
Who my parents or me? I'm still a functional member through this braindead education system. If you don't surpass your parents, even without having much, then you're living your life wrong.

>> No.53504356

I make 240k for simply having a masters degree that I paid 20k for. Education is simply a means to network and unlock higher salary brackets.

>> No.53504408

>>53500981
Wrong board retard. 99% of posters on /biz/ are 3rd graders mentally.

>> No.53505644

>>53500981
The flaw in your premise is that education is supposed to equal qualification.

In my view, education is supposed to equate to certification. It doesn't mean you're qualified, it means you have put in the time necessary to show you want to do X related job and you are generally competent enough to be able to work in that field.

I'm a mature age student and the thing that stands out to me is how much supposed "adults" are coddled. I worked at the graduation ceremony for my uni and the look on the early 20 year Olds who needed their parents to decide for them which kind of frame to buy to hang up their degree that they spent three to four years working towards is depressing.

The other part of the problem is delusional professors who think they are the shit because they have spent their entire career preaching and debating literal toddlers fresh out of highschool that still need an institution to wipe their asses for them. They forget that even if there was a student there that could verbally asswhoop them they wouldn't because they just want a certification. This they develop big fish in small pond syndrome and don't realise that compared to the average truck driver or miner they don't have much more life experience than the students.

Not saying you are one of these professors btw. Just ended up going on a tangent writing this. btw what do you teach?

>> No.53506209

>>53505644
>education is supposed to equal qualification
It is. The qualification and standards are so low that retards are allowed to graduate easy. It holds the smarter students down to their generic limitations.

>education is supposed to equate to certification.
Agreed. In a fair world, Education should stop at 8th grade and High School should have you deciding what career you want so you could pick up those skills within 2-3 years on college level subjects or trade school journeyman training. No inflated classes, electives, or worthless language classes necessary. On the job classes would have students paid to work and learn at the same time.

That way graduation time, everyone is qualified at a college level for something they want to do. If they want to change it, college exists for that.

>> No.53506706

>>53503622
I went through 2 degrees not making a single friend thanks to being a sperg, bottom rung wagie at a corpo now, my life is probably fucked but w/e.

>> No.53508106

coding solves all your issues, boomer
im calling this a bad larp

>> No.53508337

even with chatgp, it's not easy to code. i've been coding for 20 years and it's not just a destination, it's a journey. if you don't keep progressing in teh work it's pointless. being a good programmer requires you to constantly learn new things. and on top of that, people don't mention often enough that you actually need a fair bit of creativity to program: it's not art but you do need to think in a special way to achieve certain things efficiently sometimes. there is a reason a top level programmer is a genius (not that i am one). the sad part is that i never went to uni for this shit and most graduates dont even begin to compare. a true programmer is self-taught. diplomas mean nothing, only skill speaks with the strength of iron.

>> No.53508360

>>53501033
John Taylor Gatto
Charlotte Iserbyt
Ivan Illich

>> No.53508715

>>53500981
you must be in finance or some fake skill like that, worse of all is social, etc. In chemistry university teaches you skills, real skills, same in engineering.