[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 444 KB, 1800x1200, flyover rural suburban wojak chud maga.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
53479150 No.53479150 [Reply] [Original]

So I've decided that housing prices have fallen quite a bit but they could fall further so I will not buy a house in the suburbs or in a city.
I'm thinking about buying 200k house in a small town far away at a 1 hour drive away from the city. This will be the real estate equivalent of dollar cost averaging into housing. The land under the house is definitely worth about 120k.
I'll have to drive for at least 15 minutes to buy any groceries. There will be farmland all around.

Is becoming a rural retard a good financial decision?

>> No.53479213

Doing exactly what you are thinking anon. If you do not care about clubbing and city living then go for it. Just be aware the only people that live out here are boomers and the one or two autists that are playing the long game like you are saying.

I am here just because my job requires me to be here. I bought back in July 2022 when interest rates started to go up. My zestimate has gone down 1% while it any other big city close to me it went down almost 10%. Prices are definitely more stable out here. Just be aware that other than home entertainment and usual redneck shit (which is fun don't get me wrong) there is not much going on.