[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 341 KB, 1242x2208, ysmt5202vvv41.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
53360917 No.53360917 [Reply] [Original]

We all want to make it. But what do you do once you do, "make it"?

As I've blown through my goals while entering adulthood I've asked many this question and they typically don't have a well defined answer. There are some broad strokes like "work less" and "travel more", but again nothing concrete.

I'm curious to hear /biz/ perspective on this, and what /biz will actually DO with their time once they make it. There's a number of ways to answer this - with things you want to buy or have, a description of what you'd like your lifestyle to be like; I find defining a "perfect day" is a good exercise.

I'll go first...

>What is my definition of making it?
I'd like to have a comfortable place to live that is inexpensive to maintain (<10% of monthly income).

I will derive my core income from relatively passive sources like ownership of private businesses and financial income. I'll spend some time building and working on my own business projects and may also do some "consulting" style work to stay sharp and help others. The primary theme is that I'd have ownership over my time and work only how much I *want* to work.

I'd spend my days around 3 core areas: my family, my health, and my hobbies. Having ownership of my time would allow me to structure my days as such that I can pretty much avoid everything else / everything that I don't get enjoyment out of. I'd be taking the kids to school and doing activities after school with them, more home cooked meals and time together around the table, regular date nights with the wife and more fun and adventure in general. Regarding my health, I'd be able to enjoy my workouts more instead of speeding through them, spend more time on recovery activities like the sauna, cold plunge, massage - and spa-like activities in general; as well as spend more time cooking at home with good fresh ingredients. Last, I'm very interested in cars and watches and get enjoyment working on them and appreciating the engineering.

>> No.53361001

>>53360917
was this generated by chatgpt? if not you seem like a normal intelligent human having the right old school values.

>> No.53361063

>>53360917
"Making it" is the highly optimized neoliberal capitalist propaganda that has been laser focused deep into your hearts and brains and turn you into obedient,compliant,submissive,productive,hateful and insecure loyal soldiers and bootlickers who fight and maintain the status quo. It is the ideology that claims living beings are inherently worthless and useless and do not actually deserve to exist and need to repent perpetually for the "sin" of existing to prove their worth. There is always something "more" you need to chase. Elementary school, high school, college, entry job, promotion, house purchase, career building whatever. It will never stop and you will reach 80yo and still be waiting for your life to start because the moment you accept the premise of "making it" you have already lost. It is intentionally designed this way to maintain slavery. It is the carrot and the stick, the rat race, fake promises of financial "freedom" to remind you that you are never free and if you actually look into it you can never actually be free.

4chan parasites and financiers are the most guilty of this cancer

>> No.53361081

>>53361001
No chatgpt here king

I'm really coming to ask this as I live in an area where having a high income is normal, but having actual financial freedom is rare. Most people I connect with don't see a reality where they'd be free from "work" so they don't even consider what they have a genuine interest in doing / spending their time on.

>> No.53361112

>>53361063
>NEET incel checking in

Thanks for the post very informative

>> No.53361123

>>53361112
You will die alone sad hated and in pain parasite

>> No.53361157

>>53360917
The definition of making is having enough post tax liquid investments to live off passive income/dividends. Making it means you can work or not work but working is not necessary. Making it usually means that you have a paid off home, no debt and 7 figures 1-10 million USD in invested assets that pay you dividends or interest. 5 million liquid is my "Make it" number

>> No.53361612

>I find defining a "perfect day" is a good exercise.

Wake up to sex
Feed my dog
Lounge around the house doing nothing interesting for an hour or 2 and have a coffee
Go outside to play with my dog and tend my garden
Sex again
Take a nap
Eat my first meal, something light
Lounge 30 more minutes
Lift weights in my home gym
Eat a nice steak
Study Japanese
Go out to do something nice
Come home have a few drinks and go to sleep

That's a weekday. On the weekends I'll be at racetrack going vroom vroom

>> No.53361931

I would try living in some other place. check out some small boring town in montana, italy, new zealand. Would like 6-12 months at each place.

>> No.53362014

>>53360917
>Nine eleven
>Not a 911
What did he mean by this?

>> No.53362754
File: 881 KB, 1125x1325, 1049E377-78EE-414D-9444-29C08BB04465.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Where do you put your money after you’ve made it? Say GME or XRP is actually real, what’s the proper financial move the morning after?

>> No.53362907

>>53360917
I just want enough money to neet my entire life. Learn about stuff all day, go to the gym, read, learn new languages,..

This is what I call making it. Fuck being productive.

>> No.53364446
File: 526 KB, 1080x2029, 20221215_144632.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]