[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 21 KB, 550x421, 4A59BA8E-730A-49FE-9D19-186E5E25B5C6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
53285037 No.53285037 [Reply] [Original]

I have about 6k in my bank account. Which one should I buy?

>> No.53285080

>>53285037
BTC

>> No.53285090

>>53285037
That's a good question that doesn't have an easy answer.
Personally, I think long term eth will outperfor btc for various reasons including the post-merge economics.
But in the short to medium term I wouldn't be surprised at all if btc leads the way back into another bull run. Especially as the halvening will be coming in a year and few months or whatever. And as randos rediscover that crypto isn't actually dead for the 5th time btc is always the default choice.
If 'insitutions' or whatever get in or get back in they might go for btc first as well. Longer term eth has the environmental narrative going for it too, which I actually think hardly anyone even knows about yet. That is assuming people still care about that, who knows. Just as long as we move away from that retarded meme of
>minting one NFT burns 75 barrels of oil omg!
then a certain type of person who could easily dismiss it before now actually has to try come up with some new cope while watching it go up or just actually buy it this time.
The whole cycle thing should be common knowledge now so probably a self-fuffilling prophecy this time even more than before.
Just don't expect miracles like 1m BTC. Higher lows, lower highs percentage wise now that literally everyone knows about crypto is probable.

>> No.53285095

>>53285037
ETH

>> No.53285116
File: 263 KB, 2000x2000, 1669227027425.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Listen to me as hard as you possibly can OP:
Eth is a fucking scam. All of it.
Invest in BTC dingus.

>> No.53285117
File: 136 KB, 748x748, 000EEFEE-2B55-4770-B806-93EAE3EE5F1F.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>53285037
Get your head straight my guy. It’s not even a hard choice
>> bitcoin
- promotes building faster better chips and hardware
- helps energy network, green producers with too much energy can use extras to mine.
- mining means open network permission less.
- etc etc
so Bitcoin makes the world advance faster and helps the physical world.

>> ETH
- the rich stake eth and get more eth because they have eth.
- we burn now so the rich get even more rich by doing absolutely nothing just sit on their eth
- banking 2.0 digital boogaloo

>BTC
unconfiscatable hard money that cannot be printed out of thin air
same rules apply for plebs and billionaires
you don't change Bitcoin, Bitcoin changes you
>ETH
OFAC censorship compliant smart contract platform that made a 72% premine and then switched to Proof-of-Stake (also known as FIAT money with extra steps and rentseeking 2.0 with lifetime privilege of premine whales becoming richer and richer with no extra work input)
you don't change Ethereum, it's Vitalik, the swiss ETH foundation and J. Lubin (Consensys, aka JP Morgan) who change Ethereum roadmap and monetary policy (monetary it's a big word anyway)
ETH proponents say that it's boosting DeFi, when you go to check DeFi they mention things like stablecoins who introduce like 7 layer of counterparty risks and other things like tokenization of assets held by third parties
fucking kek, what a joke