[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 84 KB, 1280x720, boomer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
53220385 No.53220385 [Reply] [Original]

>dad seriously suggest I just walk into (local business) shake their hand and ask if they are hiring
>thats how I got all my jobs back in the day!

>> No.53220400

>>53220385
>be encouraged to apply by an inside contact in a leadership position
>go through with the online application humiliation ritual
>still get ghosted
really makes you contemplate the many benefits of nitrate salts

>> No.53220431

>be grown ass man
>Walk up to 14year old boy at the counter
>Shakes hands and asks for a job
Always hated this as a 14yo boy. Fucking grown ass men. Get in line.

>> No.53220569

>>53220400
Exactly what happened when my manager was short on staff and bitching about it. Roped a friend and my sister into applying since they wanted jobs. Had verbal confirmation she (manager) wanted them. My sister even came in and talked to her. "Yes! Yes! Just apply online." They were ghosted. Big humiliation for me so I ghosted the job in return. Fucking cunts.

>> No.53220691

>>53220569
online application systems introduce way too many points of failure. i say this having been on both sides.

>get interview offer at megacorp
>85 IQ roastie recruiter emails me and tells me the names of 3 people who im interviewing with
>schedules me with the wrong person
>cancels the interviews
>forgot to reschedule the interviews even several days later
>have to reach out and ask this retarded whore to do her job and fucking schedule me again

i get the job. about 6 months later i'm asked to help my boss interview candidates for open positions on the team.

>mentally retarded 85 IQ recruiting roasties (contract workers, they don't even work for us) fuck up the job posting
>listed as hybrid (rather than remote) in a city in which we don't even have an office
>job description is generic nonsense, no information about what the job actually entails
>boss has to harass her to take the job down and repost it with correct and relevant details.
>roastie keeps pushing diverse candidates despite their resume being complete garbage (limited/irrelevant experience, zero effort resume with glaring typos or formatting issues, etc.)
>boss finds good candidates, has to harrass her to actually schedule the fucking interviews rather than sit on her ass for consecutive days doing presumably nothing
>at some point roastie goes MIA because her employer (temp contract outsourced recruiting firm) deleted her email access
>finally interview some good candidates, boss wants offer letter sent ASAP
>in-house recruiting roastie sits on her ass for multiple days before sending it out for no discernible reason

>> No.53222909
File: 47 KB, 477x487, vincent-vega-shake.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>53222366

>> No.53222919

This has actually been true in a lot of places for 2021-2022 though. On the spot interviews and hires at a lot of low level wage positions.

>> No.53222969

>>53222919
Yeah this isn't bad advice for minimum wage shit. Just go in and ask if they're hiring.