[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 905 KB, 1794x1113, 3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
53022237 No.53022237 [Reply] [Original]

In 2022? I’ll be leaving the internet as a whole behind. The internet as a tool to avoid anxiety and other uncomfortable thoughts is a destructive crutch. I’ve also become comically socially isolated because the internet allows me to distract myself for hours and hours each day while I’m alone. I went months without speaking to others at one point, this simply wouldn’t be possible without the internet as I would’ve went completely insane.

Who else is leaving the internet behind? If you think there’s something you’re going to find on this site that will make your life better, I’ll save you thousands and thousands of wasted hours: you won’t. There can be helpful advice on here but most of it is bullshit from other people with issues just as bad or worse than your own. It’s time to let it go.

If it makes you feel any better, the internet as a whole has become shit and is rapidly becoming worse. Almost all traffic is centralizing around a few shitty sites and the culture on those sites is absolute shit. Endless thought terminating cliches (boomer reaction face GIFs, Twitter “checkmarks”, rampant censorship of anything but bizarre ass backwards views of how things work (on the internet everyone has a mental illness, on the internet black women are considered wise sages when in reality they are fat gorillas etc.), a rising “meme culture” which is just comparing two things using an image template, whores posting their asses next to inspirational quotes, it’s all just a sad and depressing place. None of this stupid shit even matters in day to day life either, we both know that this is all a huge waste of time in the end.

It’s time to let it all go. Who else will be leaving for good soon?

>> No.53022257

>>53022237
Not leaving internet till I make it.

>> No.53022280
File: 485 KB, 640x640, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>53022237
This is an extremely good thread and write-up, as it has been ruminating in my mind for a longer time now and I agree with 100% of the things you wrote here. I'm an oldfag since 2007s and I feel like i've hit a plateau and the only way to break through it is to leave this shithole behind and focus on socializing and career more. Godspeed anon, don't let others bring you down or tell you you can't leave this place, you can and I believe in you. I will join you.

>> No.53022338

Modern internet is "goyslop" for your soul. Still not yet sure if I am too old for this or the web itself became a battle ground for self clout chasing or narrative making as a whole.
Real life seems more interesting now.

>> No.53022438

>>53022237
OP you know what your post doesn't cover though?
Self control
I am able to use the internet in a controlled manner, I don't endlessly scroll or engage in petty school yard tier discussions on social media.
I browse 4chan for a bit maybe while pooping and then my phone goes back into my pocket while I do other things. Maybe in a few hours I'll check to see if someone replies. Maybe I'll check again while waiting for something.
I only fill dead space with internet usage. Every other hour of the day I am doing something more productive or learning new things or reorganizing things about my life/doing finance stuff.
The ability to "put your phone down" is something that can be self regulated, you don't need to have some big going away party on Facebook live. You don't need to make a big post on the basket weaving forums finance page, that man who was once bullied by /pol/ said it best,

JUST
DO
IT

DO IT

>> No.53022469

>>53022237
>If it makes you feel any better, the internet as a whole has become shit and is rapidly becoming worse
True. It's almost impossible to have an engaging conversation. Still useful for digging up some information from time to time but other than that the modern internet is just really boring.

>> No.53022474

>>53022237
Quit using the internet as a self validation medium you absolute retard
Its a tool, use it as such and put it down when you no longer need to use it. Simple as

>> No.53022483

>>53022338
Anon I dont know if you know this but you using terms like goyslop and other fabricated buzzword bullshit makes you a part of the problem. It's like there's only about 3~ popular ideologies and very, very repetitive views on the world from people now specifically because of this. Because people subscribe to streams of consciousness instead of being their own person. It's always a black/white issue with two or three variables instead of the spectrum of gray 90% of issues should be. The internet numbs your brain, makes you stupider, but not in the way you expect; it wont make you bad with numbers per-se, it won't make you a stuttering babbling idiot, but it will definitely (very slowly) extinguish your inner monologue and it will definitely interrupt your personal human thought processes. Without knowing a lot of anons on """"redpilled"""" websites like 4chan where many unironically claim to be truly "awake" are, in fact, the other side to the same coin as everyone else.

Empty internet is not real, of course not. But peer pressure and brainwashing are, even if not intentional.

Do remember we were never meant to bounce our brain around thousands of ideas every single day of our lives. Adapting to that is impossible.

>> No.53022653 [DELETED] 

>>53022483
Who cares about the usage of the word goyslop? It's the internet, it is not supposed to be seriously
When I meant ''modern'' internet I meant people like you, people who are absolute retards who cant never get away from I must FEEL special for some ebin special points.
Grow up and learn self control. Internet is not a form of self validation.

>> No.53022675

>>53022483
Who cares about the usage of the word goyslop? It's the internet, it is not supposed to be serious
When I meant ''modern'' internet I meant people like you, people who are absolute retards who cant never get away from I must FEEL special for some ebin special points.
Grow up and learn self control. Internet is not a form of self validation.

>> No.53022722

>the internet as a whole has become shit and is rapidly becoming worse. Almost all traffic is centralizing around a few shitty sites and the culture on those sites is absolute shit.
ok but the average person has way more power and reach than they did 15 years ago when tv still dominated.
the number of 4chan secret-club types has also grown, and theyre still on the fringes of the internet. did you reall expect boomers to adapt to 2007-internet culture? lol

>> No.53022757

>>53022237
>Almost all traffic is centralizing around a few shitty sites and the culture on those sites is absolute shit
I feel your pain and it's getting more and more frustrating as time goes on, people can't even diversify themselves or have a personal opinion, oversocialization killed us and i still think Ted was fucking right.

He really nailed this whole shitshow of industrial society.

>> No.53022774

If there was no Internet I'd just be a whatever minimum wage call center slave and that's it.
With Internet I am still the same minimum wage call center slave, but with high six figures of imaginary chucky cheese Internet coins hoping for those chucky cheese coins to go at least x3 in the near future so I can then finally "live my life" despite having gigantic life inexperience in all life departments.

In fact it's almost like I have to get enough money so I don't ever have to turn on the Internet again.

>> No.53022781
File: 136 KB, 502x505, download.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>53022237
I'm not leaving.
I am planning to continue dangerousposting, hatespeechposting and general shitposting until the very end. There are so many globohomo narratives waiting to be destroyed it's unreal. I am planning to do as much as damage as possible to the homos running the show.

>> No.53022791

I envy you anon. Godspeed. I hope to one day get rid of this digital hellscape addiction as well.

>> No.53022809

>>53022781
Same.

Honestly can't wait to shitpost on here as a demented senile 80 year old. Shit will be glorious

>> No.53022868

>>53022483
You have low IQ. Do not post anymore

>> No.53022877

>>53022868
Nope, he's right. You are just too low level to understand what he means

>> No.53022946

>>53022237
I like where your mind is at, but to be honest I don't enjoy my job and I disagree with a lot of my co-workers' opinions. I also don't hang out with people that I can talk to about the disturbing way politics/culture is heading. My creative outlet is also all online these days.

Totally shutting off my online usage would benefit me in a lot of ways, but I'd miss a lot of the interesting stuff I learn and things I share online. It'd be a catch-22. I don't know if I could do it.

>> No.53022963

4chan is basically the only website I even use now, mostly because I just find anons funny and still get a certain entertainment value from it. But yeah, modern internet is shit.

>> No.53022979

>>53022237
The internet allowed me to find out about things like the Venetian Takeover. U never will without it
http://american_almanac.tripod.com/takeover.htm

>> No.53023040

>>53022237
it's a good thing to strive for. I once took a 6 month break from needless browsing: only used the internet for work stuff. The worst part though is it'll just make you realize how much the internet has affected everything and everybody. My guess is a lot of 4channel fags are 30-40 yo Millennials who were super early adopters and were browsing the internet when most people thought it was scary. We've now grown with the internet to see it become the boring, corporate, and globosexohomo, corpse it is today. That corpse is the lifeblood for billions of people now who waste almost all of their time on it. Pretty sad desu, I miss the days when you could use any search engine and fnd the wildest shit online.

That all being said, I think moderation and self control is a more sustainable approach. Internet where a book or magazine used to suffice
>bathroom
>waiting room
>taking a flight
>occasional useless browsing (less than 30 mins a day)
outside of that, I really avoid using it. This gets even easier when you have a family

>> No.53023067

>>53022237
Seems like a comfy thread , someone post it.

And yeah, all this shit is a cesspool, but I’m coping that I will find the next moonshot on this piecd of shit dead board and will be able to live a real life