[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 44 KB, 1000x800, 0da.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
52785316 No.52785316 [Reply] [Original]

>See role advertised in boomer bank
>Apply online
>Thank You For Your Application
>1 month goes by
>Get follow-up email saying my application is being reviewed
>"We'll be in touch in the coming weeks"
>almost a 2-month process to get even the HR intro call
>then 4 rounds of interviews plus a technical test

How do these places function

>> No.52785341
File: 13 KB, 382x310, 6B35FE3F-91F8-42B8-8F57-5E0E8806D279.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Did you get the job?
Recently got laid off. Have some interviews this and next week, but I’m not excited about having to go into the office again. WFH really spoiled me.

>> No.52785376

>>52785341
Still waiting but probably have another offer so I'll take that while they're mulling it over for another month

Got laid off too, over the summer. Hiring definitely isn't as easy as it was last year imo, before you'd have 1-2 interviews, now it's like 5 rounds.

Trickiest thing has been time - some places I applied to in like October are just getting touch now. Although desu being laid off has been fantastic overall, lost a ton of weight, gained muscle, took up some hobbies, met more friends etc. I hate office life so much

>> No.52785400

There's too many workers and not enough capital (spread around).

>> No.52785408

>>52785316
it took me 6 months of applying and multiple interviews with a half dozen companies to get my current job, and i came into this with 3.5 years of professional experience. it's definitely a clown world out there.

my worst interview experience was with palo alto networks. it was an HR phone screen, a zoom internet and excel skills test with a manger, and then 4 more manager interviews (including a second round with the excel skills test manager.) i ended up cancelling after the first of 4 manager interviews. the HR guy emailed me and asked if something was wrong.

>> No.52785423

>>52785400
20 years of m-m-mad cash in the economy led to a big expansion of the office wagie class. A good chunk of people who would have been
>tradies
>housewives
>people who work in retail
>etc
were absorbed into the professional classes, this is where you get the bullshit Product Manager email jobs

Now the money tap has been switched off and these same people are being thrown back out of the professional classes so they're all scrambling to get another job. A lot of them won't and will return to being housewives or whatever

But for a while it's going to be a tough hiring environment

>> No.52786592

How viable is it to have an accounting degree with a MBA but no CPA