[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 438 KB, 500x500, 1403427452873.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
526543 No.526543 [Reply] [Original]

>Why do you want to work for this company?

Got this question at the phone interview yesterday. What am I supposed to be saying without sounding like a suck up?

It's for an Insurance Consultancy position. I said, I am considering a degree in Finance and would like to gain first hand experience selling products for a respected business. But it wasn't good enough.

They said to call them tomorrow after reading the company's site to see if I'd be passionate enough to work with them or not.

>What should I say now? How much of a suck up do I have to be?

>> No.526549

I assume they'll be asking me again so this is what I got so far, help me /biz/ so I wont be a future "how do get rich quik" spammer.
>I have high energy
>Determination to sell what I know is a useful product (mental kek)
>I am familiar with the business as I already have an account there.

Really? I just want a better job. I reckon I'd enjoy selling insurance, and they'll be offering training. I just don't think I've convinced them yet because I decided to be upfront and not be an asskisser. I'm surprised they're giving me a second chance.

>> No.526551

>>526549
Asskissing lines, use or dump?
>I recognised they have some pretty competitive rates
>They're the first bank I've ever made an account with, and all my family uses it (at least thats truth)
>They look like they have an honest, personable respect for the customer and I admire that enough to want to work for it.

>> No.526580

bump

>> No.526607

You've got to match your skills to the skills in the job description. "Wanting to gain experience" isn't good enough.

>> No.526618

>>526607
Okay. Man I wish I asked this yesterday.