[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 271 KB, 680x435, 0df.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
52546895 No.52546895 [Reply] [Original]

"Failure is the greatest teacher" - um, doesn't apply to everyone.

No matter what business idea I try out, it always backfires on me. "You just have to keep trying and don't give up, you'll make it!" - if that were true, then at least 75% of the population would be financially successful.

Here's what I've tried and failed at:
> College then job - got burned out of my programming job after 5 years, still haven't recovered
> Etsy - the market is extremely saturated
> Ebay - can make some sales on here, but their draconian rules and IRS reporting have python strangled me out of this market
> Amazon - every fucking category is gated, extremely unfriendly to new sellers
> Crypto - self explanatory, it's turned into a total clown market with whales playing 4 square with each other, it's fucking retarded
> Stocks - this is what happens when a market is over regulated, you get stocks that are only available to accredited investors, and the only viable stocks are extremely slow growing boomer stocks that won't allow you to become rich rich
> I've looked into "just learn a trade and start a business bro" - do you have any idea how many fucking trade businesses are in every single fucking town across America? That's your competition
> YouTube - tried starting several channels but none of them gained traction, thanks to the stupid ass saturated market once again

I know there are other ideas out there I haven't tried yet, but I'm just so exhausted I don't know if I can carry on. What crime did I commit that warranted such a severe punishment on my life? My social life is a wreak, and now my fiscal life is a train wreak.

>> No.52547209

Life is not fair. You blame others for your failures and you have not owned your failures. Life is full of problems and you just need to think of solutions.
There will always be problems to solve.
You blame on everyone else for your problems.
Its time to man up anon.

>> No.52547485
File: 24 KB, 350x350, 1668998207260875.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Get as cushy job as possible to keep you floating.

Maintain friendly relations and do ok job, but beyond that, conserve as much energy and time as possible.

Work out and pursue your interests.

Cook up side gig. I have seen fat 50yo taiwanese mothers doing reviews of laptops with 15k+ subscribers, if those can get traction but you cant, wtf man. I dont know what your side gig could be. It may only appear to you when you are in better state.

You want: a cushy job to keep you afloat, being able to workout with reasonable food, and a side hustle. Now with the extra cash you get, invest. I dont know what, personally i do GME+BBBY but im not here for arguing specifics, do whatever.

You want sidegig to be one that can, after some time, have you working parttime or whatever, initially. You want your extra cash to support sidegig, and that is your chance in life. OR if possible, you can get a third chance from also working alot and hoping for investments to take you places. In this time, i would not invest too aggressively.

If you are/can get married, the difficulties of providing enough cash to get around can perhaps be helped by waifu.

I have v. cushy job, took shitloads of loans, totally maxed out, pursued investments that im now hoping will work out. Im pursuing sidehustle. My worstcase is, i will be stuck with investments and downpayments, but in such a case i will live as most people anyway - stuck in 9-5 and middleclassmaxxing rent version. Bestcase is, im out of squirrel wheel. What i have just layed out is the chance lower-middleclass men have.

Education can help in getting cushy job, thats it. Good luck anon!

>> No.52547535

>>52547485
>GME+BBBY
jfc

>> No.52548032

>>52546895
Just stack multiple WFH tech jobs
Maybe keep one primary and phone in the rest it will take a while for then to fire you
I replaced a guy that got away with it for 2 years before getting the boot

>> No.52548075

>>52546895
failure always precedes success