[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 76 KB, 234x247, try me.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5246079 No.5246079 [Reply] [Original]

>go to Gamestop
>new ultra limited, deluxe My Little Pony figures released today
>stuttering as i ask the qt employee if they have Fluttershy
>"Sure, we keep it behind the counter. You're lucky, this is the only one stocked in our store."
>she rings it up
>"With tax that'll be $712.43. Will that be cash, credit, or crypto?"
>"c-crypto please"
>open up my new payment app
>it crashes
>open it up again
>freezes on screen for 25 full seconds
>"heh, sorry, im using the latest beta release. i'm on the dev team."
>employee fakes a smile, looks at the line of people forming behind me
>feel beads of sweat drip down from armpits
>finally get the app open, almost break their phone scanner trying to get it to properly recognize the QR code
>"Let me type it in manually for you."
>she types in the address
>Gamestop computer stops responding
>locks up the whole system, no other registers are available
>she calls the manager

>> No.5246086

>"you know what, it's okay, nevermind, I'll come back later, thanks"
>"We won't be able to refund you your Monero, sir. if you leave now you'll just lose your money."
>manager explains to her that the address is case sensitive, tries typing it in himself
>line is now literally extending out of the store
>starts attracting people from the mall who think there's some kind of special event going on
>chest pains start acting up
>"Can I have your email please?"
>give it to her reluctantly
>"If you want me to hear you you'll have to speak up."
>that familiar cold tone of voice from women
>clear my throat
>"i said it's fluffypony@getmonero.org"
>look immediately behind me
>a little kid is staring at me, annoyed, spinning a fidget spinner
>i bet XRP is mooning right now
>my feet hurt
>"I don't know, it's not working, can we try another payment method?"
>"i-i don't have another one"
>"Step aside for the other customers please."
>0 XMR in wallet because employee tried sending to the wrong address multiple times
>Someone else walks up and instantly buys the Fluttershy with a Visa

is this the future of crypto?

>> No.5246220

no, the future of crypto is one where cash is illegal and every purchase you make is monitored by artificial intelligence. how much you pay for things tied into your social credit score, also on the blockchain, and effected by your comments online and who you are friends with. fucking fluttershy will be the last of your concerns, but you can't complain, literally can't afford to. thats the future of crypto, a giant boot stamping humanities face into the ground for eternity. you won't even be allowed to keep the lambo because it doesn't drive itself and we can't have humans driving cars lol, you just tell the robot car where you want to go and if the government says yes the car will be allowed to take you there.

>> No.5246315
File: 107 KB, 1234x1230, 1502841429727.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ULTIMATE CONTROL OVER EVERY IMTIMATE ASPECT OF HUMAN EXISTANCE

TOTAL ABSOLUTE POWER OVER EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE AHHHH HAHAHAHAH HAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHA

>> No.5246437

>>5246220
>a giant boot stamping humanities face into the ground for eternity.

good, humanity is shit and needs to be subjugated until singularity or extinction is reached

>> No.5246480

fucking top kek thanks for the laugh op

>> No.5246542
File: 14 KB, 183x275, 2017-12-20-14-33-46-.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5246079
>>5246086
Moar boar demands moar. I kekt

On a hilarious side note that shits on your story, albeit a good story.

Australia is in January getting 1200 bitcoin atms rolled out. 300 going overseas. I got coins in the ico for this company and holy dick balls its going to make some cheddar. The coins are used to facilitate the transactions.

Suck a dick if you got cripple thinking that was going to actually work. Entrepeanurs will blast most of the bullshit coins out of the water by actually physically implementing their own coins in day to day use.

>> No.5246564

desu the real flippening is when business all have their own tokens that are basically better gift cards.

centralized shitcoins stay stable with fiat to avoid sec sending them to jail and neets can just trade btc for gift coin tokens to buy groceries

only thing you'll need usd for is rent, utilities, gas, and taxes. When consumerist goods no longer require fiat... this is gonna be good.

>> No.5246781

>>5246437
yes, hate yourself, good gooooood. let the evil ones take over. you are worthless, you are less then worthless you are messy and destructive. feel shame you filthy beast and hate yourself and wish upon your own species the absolute domination you crave. you sick cuck.

>> No.5247726

>>5246086
>is this the future of crypto?
No, just the sad, inevitable decline of social status and life as a Brony