[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 86 KB, 1070x601, 33481015d04b3974f9ed7acf616592901b13507ebdabf48ee1d6d09d63acc2c4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
52405040 No.52405040 [Reply] [Original]

I'm so fucking over my job.

>ongoing workstream nearing its end
>manager tells me I'm responsible for planning the end of the workstream
>a boomer I work with is more responsible for end of workstream
>try asking questions about the process to the boomer but he gives dumb answers
>raise questions in a meeting
>discussion happens, mainly normies listening to themselves speak
>raise a few questions
>few days later, manager asks me what I thought of meeting
>I summarise viewpoints
>she says the fact that I asked questions and hadn't pre-agreed everything with the boomer was a failing
>realised she wanted the meeting to involve no discussion at all because more senior employees are there

I'm so fucking tired of this shit. I'm going to have to tell the boomer that I'm in charge of this but I know he'll take it like a big baby.

And I'm chided by my manager for not being a hyper oversocialized normie hiveminder.

>> No.52405062

>working for a woman
lole

>> No.52405376

>>52405040
>in meeting with bunch of people
>ask specific questions to 1 single person, that only he can answer, that is only beneficial to you get your work done and doesn't add any information or value to anyone else in the meeting

It's not bad it's just a faux pas. Look into different types of meetings and start asking your manager what kind of meetings they are. Is it a Working Group or a Status Update? Are you participating (actively speaking up without being called on) or are you attending (observing the meeting, just listening and not participating unless called on)? 9/10 times you should just observe and only ask general questions (e.g., head boomer uses an acronym, you ask what does that mean)

Should've just pulled him into a 1 on 1 meeting beforehand to open the discourse and so you can say something like "Me and boomer met and discussed this, we're still working on it and have another meeting set next week." Just keep meeting with him and explain why you're confused until you understand his answers.

You didn't have to pre-agree everything the boomer beforehand. That's just corporate slave talk meaning your manager wanted you to have it done to make her look better and subtly pushing you to overextend yourself. Fuck that shit.