[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 69 KB, 337x315, 1664892931960919.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
52306210 No.52306210 [Reply] [Original]

What's actually the best way to store funds?

I'm bearish as fuck on crypto (saylor liq next) and just want to put my usdt and usdc somewhere safe. Where can i not get rugged like on ftx?

>> No.52306225

>2022
>people still don't know how to store their own coins without custody
crypto was a mistake

>> No.52306238

>>52306225
is it the nerds fault for saying "it's so easy, you're so dumb, figure it out yourself" and leaving the door open for charlatans to walk in and say "hey leave it with me i'll give you 20% be you own bank bro".
I mean I fucking hate how stupid retail is too, but are we complicit?

>> No.52306431

>>52306210
this is not financial advice, but I think Coinbase and Kraken are probably your best bet if you want to use a CEX

>> No.52306711

>>52306210
Hot wallets are remarkably safe.
The only ways to hack them are as follows:
If you have viruses on your computer (rare if you're not a bootlegger). The other way is if the hot wallet is active in a browser while opening a site that can request cached data and thereby steal the keys.
The other way is the old plain text malware if you wrote the seed in a .txt
The last and most common is the approvals way, which involves approving a smart contract to withdraw your funds.

Short answer: put it in metamask using a safe computer, then delete metamask and only use the seed when you need to withdraw. Violin! You have a paper wallet.

>> No.52306754

Opera browser is safe (for now) it benefits from the fact few people use it so malware isn't actively being created that can steal the cached keys. They have a crypto browser but idk how effective it is.