[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 58 KB, 626x514, 1654687075961.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
51609690 No.51609690 [Reply] [Original]

>be me
>ugly beta male in early 30s

Does anyone else have experience of finding it near impossible to succeed in the workplace due to not being a normie?

>currently in a job which pays ok relative to general population but isn't high up in company or very good relative to someone of my intelligence or education
>manager is younger than me by a few years
>people my age or a few years older are sometimes 3-4 ranks higher
>was practically kicked out of my previous job at a large, slow, boring company by horrific roastie managers and a rotting boomer who all disliked me for being quiet and not fitting in
>people in new job have been fine so far but I'm extremely wary of being eventually given bad performance markings (and therefore no bonus) due to bullshit reasons

I was on the promotion track in my previous job and people seemed horrified by the idea of me ever being a manager of others. I had to sit through various leadership courses and they were such bullshit. The entire concept of leadership (which is very distinct from management) in business seems to be a sponge for all sorts of bullshit which basically amounts in practice to "legitimacy in the eyes of dogshit brained normies".

Every single white collar job, after moving up/across in seniority/prestige ends up being a bureaucratic role where all actual work and expertise is held at arm's length or outsourced while a cadre of interchangeable, amorphous, backslapping bureaucrats make all the real decisions and hold the power. This means that the normies are basically correct when they say relationship building (i.e fitting in like a clone) is important in jobs.

This makes me demoralised at work though, because I'll never be able to fit in and become promoted.

I wrote this post and waited a while before posting it and in-between I was walking and got the fear that I may be fired from my job for being an ugly sperg.

>> No.51609748

>>51609690
what specifically is your profession?

>> No.51609754

>>51609690
stop caring

>> No.51609763

>>51609690
You're not a man if you work for corporations.
You're trying to find angles and ways to win a game that was never meant for you.
Most people here work shitty corporate jobs, but own crypto and would rather talk about that instead of the office.
How much crypto are you holding?
Sounds like you have none.

>> No.51609779

>>51609763
>t. mixed race 26 year old with a mid 4 figure portfolio
shut up nigger. a high paying, low to moderate stress corporate job is the fastest way to stack investments.

>> No.51609808

>>51609690
>>people in new job have been fine so far but I'm extremely wary of being eventually given bad performance markings (and therefore no bonus) due to bullshit reasons
This sounds like Retail Banking, and I pray for your soul if it is. Did 6 years myself, before making it my own way.

Best thing I ever did.

>> No.51609816

The better you play ball with people in office jobs the higher you gonna go. It sucks ass but its true

>> No.51609933

>>51609690
I work in IT, we all suffer from developmental issues here to some extent, it's great. try to work with the people that actually do the work, you'll be much happier

>> No.51609952
File: 2.09 MB, 3000x2609, 1655000766817 (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Handsome/intelligent early 30s millenial that was full NEET mode until 28
>IT gig is all boomers and weirdos
>Know how to communicate with both rejects and normies
>Not really good at my job but a good communicator and know how to make people laugh
>Feel like I haven't learned as much as I should have by now but the management loves me

Learn more about how people think and how to communicate and you can do well in almost any environment.

>> No.51609977

>>51609952
>handsome
Kek the lack of self awareness is unreal

>> No.51610045
File: 257 KB, 500x385, 527d79a8612c0a0212709da5fc9dea12446ac129dc19840d424b39c3c57118fe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>51609952
>how to communicate
Give me your best "how to communicate" books /biz/bros.

I have some self help books but I've generally steered away from those focused on socializing as a lot of them feel kinda scummy.

>>51609977
Sounding jelly, mate

>> No.51610082

>>51610045
not a technigger but im a senior individual contributor in corporate accounting. i struggle, to an extent, with effective business communication. i've been told that the best communication skill to learn is how to executize (summarize.) people 2-3 levels above you don't care about the nitty gritty details. they want the big picture, and if they have any questions they will ask for more details.

>> No.51610103

>>51610045
Not jelly at all it’s called the halo affect I use it to my advantage we’ll :) I’m just self aware enough to know how much looks play into socializing

>> No.51610139

>>51610082
>i've been told that the best communication skill to learn is how to executize (summarize.)
This is definitely something I need to work on, I've been a NEET for a year and a half now (soon going back to the cage) and I definitely have noticed becoming pretty rambly in the meantime. I think the lack of time restrictions has inadvertently fucked my ability to communicate efficiently kek

>> No.51610600

>>51609690

Honestly I was a "sperg" until I found a "real job" and now I'm "valuable and respected". I feel for you anon, I really do. While I suggest you improve yourself and try to do the best you can, sometimes you're just not where you need to be. I have a feeling you're probably kind of retarded and haven't whitened your teeth, tanned, haircut, lost a little weight and learned to make eye contact and wear fitting clothes from target - try doing that regardless but also find a job you can enjoy (the last part is the hardest). You got this bro

t. Reformed autist

>> No.51610666

>>51610600
very kind post, you are a good man anon.

>> No.51610711

Job hop. You only have to be normal for a couple hours during the interviews.

>> No.51610721

>>51610600
Same experience here. OP, your ticket out is hard work. If you have a skill, do everything to perfect it and further your career. Use your earnings to bless your friends and find a wife. If you don't have a skill, get one. Money will help you achieve inner beauty, that's an unpopular opinion but it's true. Poor people can be incredibly cruel, and that's ugly. People can tell if you're ugly inside, I know it's gay but try to operate from a place of conserved love.

>> No.51610744

>>51610600
>>51610721
I was like both of you and felt my autism slowly being shed until one director at work targeted me and got me fired even though the rest of the team loved me. Now my normal bitterness is back. Reminder that you are only one bad experience away from falling back into the abyss of autism. Don't get too cocky.

>> No.51610779

If you're in your 30s and you STILL don't know how to act like a normie to socially manipulate your peers, it's honestly your own fault.
> This makes me demoralised at work though, because I'll never be able to fit in and become promoted.
Because like all losers, you've given up without the least bit of effort. You are so committed to this idea of being "above it all" that it is to your own detriment. Frankly you deserve to wallow in middle management hell.

>> No.51612080

>>51609754

But other people care

>> No.51612217

>>51610779
This is the correct answer.
At work people have no idea about my power levels. They would never imagine the shit I talk about on the internet. Nor would any of you in person. You'd probably scoff at me as a "normie" in real life. In fact i have the low enough inhibitions to make it where I get npc points for doing grand npc achievements like they are nothing. Like asking girls out or remembering their stupid normie songs and traditions or remembering small details about their lives. That's literally all it takes to get into the "hearts" and minds of some of these retards in our society, just do some socially agile things. And if you haven't before, act like you have, they don't know you.... and OP if you can't even manage that then you aren't as smart as you think you are and you deserve your sad and pathetic dead end life.