[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 260 KB, 1200x800, 1656663127946.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
51579328 No.51579328 [Reply] [Original]

You WILL be judged mercilessly on first impressions by HR roasties

>He, like, didn't show enough warmth and empathy. He didn't know our Core Strategic values.

You WILL be bossed around by a Project Manager middle aged woman with no college degree who knows nothing about what anyone does.

>Anon, it's been two days and you haven't updated the Priority List, Strategic Plan, Delivery Stakeholder Engagement

>Anon, when I asked how many semi colons in your code at the weekly Status-Enhancing-For-Me overly big meeting where I can show Leadership, you said you had to quote get back to me unquote. You're not showing enough grip on this highly valuable project.

You WILL be judged on your social skills above ALL else.

>Anon, you've been meeting your targets but the stakeholders say they're worried about your lack of personal presence in meetings. You haven't been showing enough strategic vision or promoting innovative synergies. What, you want specific examples of what you need to do? Please, act professional.

You WILL hear about Becky's and Stacey's and Karen's families and boyfriends and they WILL bring them up in conversation by first name and act puzzled when you ask who they're talking about.

>So anyway Anon, Chad and I went to... Anon, Chad is my fiancee, he works at Barclays as an Investment Banking Vice President...

The 24 year old Princeton graduate WILL be promoted over you despite you being 4 years older.

>Everyone, I'm excited to say that Chase Parker is the new Senior Manager for the Strategic Synergies division. He has shown a remarkable level of vision, teamwork, and initiative. He will be leading a team involving our project managers Karen, Sharon, and Faron, programmers, Sooraj, Jacachavayatava, and Randall and our junior data analyst Anon!

You WILL wonder how coworkers with the same job as you can afford holidays abroad multiple times a year. You WILL see coworkers your age talk about marrige and kids while you've NEVER even been on a date.

>> No.51579428

>low status beta autist male enters normie spaces and expects not to be treated like shit

These normies are supposed to be paying your autismbux… you ain’t supposed to be at work idiot

>> No.51579462

working with women and shitskins is hell

>> No.51579486

>>51579328
>You WILL be judged on your social skills above ALL else

To steal from Sam Hyde, life is basically an ongoing high school popularity contest.
I think a lot of people here struggle with the fact that being likeable (which also includes being presentable, social, fit, good looking) is probably the single most determinant factor of success throughout your entire life, as opposed to the actual quality of your work.
I think this is why I like WFH so much to be honest.

>> No.51579540

>>51579328
>He will be leading a team involving our project managers Karen, Sharon, and Faron, programmers, Sooraj, Jacachavayatava, and Randall and our junior data analyst Anon!

Fuckin kek.

Let's circle back, and take this offline.

>> No.51579556

>>51579486
It's true, it's proven that being a certain height / more attractive / dominant personality style makes you much more likely to be Exec level.

>> No.51579610

I'm a tech contractor getting paid $1000/day and roastie managers who think the office is a high school still try to boss me around.

And yes everybody who isn't a contractor or roastie is a fresh off the boat pajeet.

>> No.51579637

>>51579610
the number of indian programmers at my office now is *insane*. Everyone is indian. I'm in Canada.

>> No.51579677

>>51579637
I worked in a bank in the UK a few years ago, they brought in IBM to do a big project. They shipped in hundreds of jeets.

Man, lets just say, it was not a fun experience to use the toilets.

>> No.51579700

>>51579328
That's the nice thing of being ADHD and not a literal autist. We can still fake social interactions unlike your brethen. Problem is normies are fucking mindnumbing boring and stupid and make me want to kms after my shift, but hey at least I'm getting promoted.

>> No.51579773

>>51579637
Same here in NZ.

The government has also said they're going to bring in tens of thousands of pajeets to fill the """skills shortage""".

I need to leave this place before it turns into a literal dedicated shitting hole.

>> No.51579788

>>51579773
I thought NZ was the billionaire hiding hole?

I'm UK and have no idea where I would go that isn't as bad, especially in the anglosphere.

>> No.51579806

>>51579773
immigrants put downward pressure on wages and upward pressure on housing, the govt fucking love it

>> No.51579820

>>51579610
>$1000/day
what do you spend it on?

>> No.51579826

>>51579806
also as a bonus the govt delay immigration so you are stuck on a work visa and forced to eat shit for like 5 years with your wage drifting off market as they shaft you each and every pay review. Making it even harder for locals to compete.

>> No.51579840

>>51579788
I'll probably go to Australia which is the least bad Anglo shithole.

However their new PM has declared his "big Australia policy" which means doubling the population over the next ten years. And guess where they'll all come from?

>> No.51579895

>>51579840
>However their new PM has declared his "big Australia policy" which means doubling the population over the next ten years. And guess where they'll all come from?

Really? I always thought it was really difficult to get enough points for AUS. I guess white men are not allowed in this new system?

>> No.51579896

>>51579840
the policy will be:
1. immigration at X million
2. restrict housing builds to X/2 million
3. let banks lend without restraint

>> No.51579954

>>51579896
You WILL compete with third worlders for jobs and housing and you WILL take on a lifetime of debt for the privilege.

>> No.51580724
File: 170 KB, 663x715, 1663853010059942.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>51579328