[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 407 KB, 930x1567, cme eth options.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
51409556 No.51409556 [Reply] [Original]

For anyone wondering why ETH started falling for apparently "no reason" yesterday. They started taming ETH like they did with Gold, Silver and BTC.

>> No.51409590

Great minds think alike

>>51409560

ETH is fucked

>> No.51409802
File: 39 KB, 479x417, 1636653738457.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>51409590
Lmao, we created our threads at the exactly same moment.

It amazes me how /biz/ doesn't seem to care about the implications of these futures trading for crypto. It's literally the same mechanism they used to destroy PMs.

>> No.51410180

>>51409802
Exactly anon, I sold my ETH because of these cheating fucks. I don't doubt ETH touches unimaginable levels, and what timing to boot

>> No.51411625

>>51410180
What is unimaginable levels? Are we going sub $200 or something?

Won't killing Ethereum more or less kill crypto as a whole?

>> No.51411721

>>51411625
I value google at 20 dollars a share.

>> No.51411820

>>51409802
Pms still have 10+ trillion mcap even with all the Jewish fuckery. I doubt they’ll keep crypto at ~1 trillion mcap indefinitely

>> No.51413216

Not 100% sure what people are talking about here. I was an options trader before crypto, have been in crypto for a while so itll be interesting seeing options coming....buuut from the way options work, this should just lead to extra volatility. The options market is a derivative product, that is to say, its own market. You are placing a bet on the movement of the underlying asset. The buying and selling of the options itself is entirely separate and disconnected from the price of eth (over simplification as the price has to do with many factors of the trading conditions of eth, which include price but not necessarily connected) Even when an option is exercised, the assets are only trading hands from one to the other. This leads to higher volatility as someone may purchase a put, meaning they believe the price is going lower (remember an option controls the gain or loss of 100 of the underlying assets). The purchaser of the put may then open a short to assist the price going down...the reverse is also true, someone may purchase a call and then open a long to assist the price going up. I can see how this is bad as the crypto markets are already extremely volatile....but this now opens up the possibility of having a hedge(insurance) for the price movements as well. Can anyone refute this? I wont pretend to fully know the options markets, there was a reason I left it for crypto.

>> No.51413300

>>51409556
We're gonna be at ATH by EOY aren't we?

>> No.51413324

>>51413216
now I say this but I dont want to try to make it sound like I am saying the price will be going up or anything. There is no refuting that once options opened on btc the price moved down....however I believe that this system of increased volatility for cheap (options are cheap compared to buying 100 of the asset on the open market) was used to assist in the downing of the market, making what may have been a small dip into something much more. I dont think its a prudent move to base your entire thought and strategy on something in investing without taking into account ALL of the things happening that effected the price movement. I believe what a lot of anons are pointing out with the BTC options is confirmation bias.....My last thought on this here is that THEY know that we are pattern sensors here and have found a way to weaponize it against us. Many of the weird psyop type ops on here that have been happening the past couple years was them testing our abilities out and trying to figure out a way to exploit them to make us lose. I would try to keep that in mind as you notice things from now on anons.

>> No.51413405

>>51413216
Thats a lot of words, but you're missing the fundamental point, which is if you are interested in eth, but you buy a piece of worthless paper instead, thats money that is not pumping the price of eth. People fiddling around with contracts expiry dates pumping the price up and down by a few % might make them money, but it doesnt increase the value of the underlying asset. I dont care, as long term eth goes up and im holding for the long term. Let them fuck around with their paper bullshit

>> No.51413457

>>51413324
Your effortpost is making me more and more paranoid.

>> No.51413460

>>51413405
well ya, this is kind of my point, its basically like they just created a new shitcoin. I dont think that crypto purists are going to jumping into these options contracts (unless they end up being tradeable on chain). I feel like this is more for the boomers who cant figure out why an address starts with 0x. I think its important that anyone who cares about crypto talk about this and make points like your and mine to expose exactly what these products are, as you put it, a piece of paper.

>> No.51413484

>>51413457
sry anon, not trying to push this one way or the other, I truly dont give a shit about what the stock market boomers are doing. I know what I am holding. Talking about the jewery is important though, my post was meant to be a quick explainer on options which are arcane to most.