[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 11 KB, 225x225, download (6).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
51166483 No.51166483 [Reply] [Original]

Bit of a brainlet here, need some help. So I've heard Chainlink is an ERC20 token which means it is Ethereum based, which is why the tokens are stored under an Ethereum address, and not a "Chainlink address".

I have also heard that Chainlink is blockchain agnostic. Does this mean I can also send Chainlink tokens to a Matic adress? A Litecoin address? I currently have my Chainlink in myetherwallet but I am looking for alternatives to Ethereum because I feel ETH is kind of sketchy in general. I just get the impression that ETH is pretty much a scam due to censorship issues, coin burning for no apparent reason other than to lower total supply and pump the price, yadda yadda. The ETH DAO incident never sat right with me.

Basically what I'm trying to do is to future-proof my linkies from any ETH fallout that may or may not occur. Not trying to shit on any ETH maxis btw, if you like the coin and you feel like I don't know know what I'm talking about, you're probably right. I just want to know if I have any way to diversify my Chainlink holding locations, or am I at the mercy of ETH?

>> No.51166497

>>51166483
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4channel are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have posted a picture of a green cartoon frog when posting, but the frog has nothing to do with the content of your post! Whoops! You should always remember to only post frogs when they are relevant to your post. Posting frogs randomly, when they are not relevant, is poor form. And you should always use a name in the Name field. Otherwise your post shows up as "Anonymous".

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the 4channel culture!

>> No.51166523

>>51166497
Sorry, I seem to have made a bit of a mistake in my post. I forgot the name! There we go!

>> No.51166543

>>51166483
You can bridge it to matic but Ethereum is the most secure
Also the bridges itself are insecure

>> No.51166558

>>51166523
Damn at first I thought you were a bot but it turns out you are a human being who is literally F5ing the catalog 24/7 and posting in every thread lmao

>> No.51166585

>>51166558
and he does it for free. That being said it could be a bot with this “mistake” programmed in. Never relax on the dead internet.

>> No.51166633

>>51166543
Please explain how this bridging works. Is it like wrapped assets, that kind of thing? Yes I have heard ETH is the most secure which is why I have my tokens there in the first place, but I really don't like ETH.

>> No.51166918

>>51166633
I dont know exactly

>> No.51167179
File: 689 KB, 1277x723, 1653330406700.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can somebody please explain what the term blockchain agnostic is supposed to mean? Does it mean you don't necessarily believe in any single blockchain but you could also be wrong so you don't have a hard opinion on it? Chainlink cryptocurrency. Staking. Nigger. LINK. Chainlink. Ari Juels. They are going to call us lucky. Crypto. Assblaster. LINK/ETH. Based. Thats a man. Covid booster. BBC

>> No.51167357

>>51166483
I also have some real basic questions I’ve never figured out. Like ok I bought a ledger and sent my LINK over to what they’re telling me is an ethereum erc20 account. Does that mean I need to also buy ETH for whatever reason like for example the future gas fees of getting those tokens back out or whatever

>> No.51168136

>>51167357
Yes, you will need to buy ETH and send it to your Ledger in order to get the Link tokens out of there.

An Ethereum transaction costs about $15
worth of ETH, as of today. So if you have Link tokens on your Ledger right now that you wish to move to an exchange or simply another wallet, you would first need to purchase $30 worth of ETH to make it all happen.

Heres how it works:
1. buy $30 worth of ETH on an exchange.
2. send all $30 of it to the Ledger which contains your Chainlink.( The Ledger will only receive $15 worth of ETH because you spent $15 worth of ETH as a gas fee)
3. send your Chainlink to the address/exchange of your choice (you will pay the remaining $15 worth of ETH gas fee for this transfer)
4. You are left with zero ETH, and your Chainlink tokens are now in the new address.