[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 115 KB, 800x504, 1439592598345.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
51085283 No.51085283 [Reply] [Original]

Relief on student loans doesn't actually affect me; I had enough in grants and scholarships that the university, a flagship public university, paid me surplus each semester just to attend. I didn't even have to work some shithouse burger flipper job while in school and could focus on my studies.
I don't even disagree with it from a policy perspective. Given that most people in the country with student loans fall somewhere between a $10k and $30k balance, wiping some of that away could easily be a huge boon to the economy and could really make a huge difference in many Americans' lives.

So it has no impact on me, and I even agree it should happen, but it still really bothers me. Everyone I personally know that has student loan debt is someone I absolutely despise. I sincerely wish them the worst and get great pleasure from knowing they suffer. The thought of having even a modest debt like this lifted from them is making me seethe to the point of malding.

>> No.51085626

>>51085283
People are pissed because the americans let kids go to school for complete nonsense because academia figured out it could profit.
Profs being paid 150-200k a year and they lord over massive funds, big sports events.. you get it.
The real problem is the government giving the kids the loans. Banks that gave a fuck about defaults would not lend the money.

>> No.51085808

>>51085283
I'm jealous as hell, I get Pell grants and pretty much all of my tuition was covered by Financial Aid or scholarships but I could've had free money if I recklessly took out loans
>Everyone I personally know that has student loan debt is someone I absolutely despise.
This is the worst. All I see on the internet is retarded soibois and niggers who clearly haven't a clue being rewarded for their ineptitude.