[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 67 KB, 886x886, 2212D4D1-EA7D-45C6-880B-E01D41E58262.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
50985403 No.50985403 [Reply] [Original]

I’m a 25-year old former NEETcel but now have been working a full-time sales job for the last 5 months. I’m finally getting my commission checks along with my steady hourly and I have $5000 just sitting in my venmo account because I don’t have a big boy bank account. So wtf do I do? I pay with everything with a venmo debit card which just takes funds out of my venmo balance. I live with my grandma and pay $250 for rent a month, $250 for car insurance and I’m on my parents phone plan and they pay that. I spend an atrocious amount of money eating out though, I barely cook for myself and I love to get five guys and chik fil a delivered to me by Uber eats. My fast food addiction easily accounts for 50% of my spending. Also my work commute is big, I drive 60 miles total (about 80 minutes stuck in the car all day) But I’m still steadily gaining money.

I have 0 investments and 0 crypto. Like I said I have no bank account, never had one. I’ve never used any credit or signed up for any kind of financing in my life, so I don’t know if that makes my credit score good or not. I have health insurance and dental From my job. I forgot to sign up for the 401k plan back when the window to register for it was open so I don’t have that.

So wtf do I do? Can someone help? I’m financially illiterate. Pic related is me

>> No.50985452

If you're not intelligent and proactive enough to make yourself financially literate, don't bother investing because you will lose money

>> No.50985466

>>50985452
Can you point me in the right direction? Any good books?

>> No.50985474

>>50985403
I'll spponfeed you retard. Figure out how to buy GNS on Polygon. You're welcome. Put it all in.

>> No.50985502

Learn to change your own oil and rotate your own tires. Also get a real bank account.

>> No.50985516

It's actually great to just start investing. But crypto that you like. You need to learn from your mistakes. Just do it. You'll grow to understand how to use your money. If you don't do it now, you'll be 40 and still listening to jew scammers telling you to leave it with them for 30 years to double it. Start buying and selling things and learn from experience

>> No.50985540

>>50985403
set up a fidelity account and put 4k in, keep 1k in your bank account so subconsciously you want to save more money

>> No.50985565

get a bank account dumbass. then set up literally any broker to auto deposit and buy as many shares of VOO a month as you can afford.

>> No.50985641

>>50985502
it's a good life skill, but i don't think you save more than a few bucks doing that yourself. i've saved way more money changing my own filters, busted sensors, and other electrical shit. stealerships love to gouge you on that stuff.

>>50985403
get a real checking account at a local credit union that doesn't charge bullshit monthly fees, open an online savings account somewhere like Discover, set up auto-transfers to savings every time you get paid so you don't have the chance to blow it all.
once you have a few months' expenses saved up you probably don't need to save much more in cash. then it's time to open a fidelity account and invest in boomer index funds.
doing this will leave you better off than the median american. that isn't saying much, but people are so retarded with money here it's unreal.