[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 101 KB, 998x974, 1412602419791.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
509037 No.509037 [Reply] [Original]

This shit is going pretty awful, what's the best way to write a cover letter /biz/? Specifically for non-profits/NGOs?

I went to school for pol. sci if it makes any difference

>> No.509047

>>509037
no one will hire you and you will die alone

>> No.509053

>>509047
you're only confirming what I expected.

>> No.509059
File: 987 KB, 229x176, 1405390781777.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>509037
So what law school do you plan to apply to?
>captcha: quasi dildoced

>> No.509063

>>509037
Just type that shit into google, find a template you like, and massage it into something different enough so it doesn't look like a copy/paste.

I use something along the lines of:

Dear (with or without) Non-profit Company team,

I would like to request consideration for the crappy position you have available. Here are a couple sentences that demonstrate I know a little bit about the company and the open position.

Here is a paragraph about what I bring to the table and how it applies to the job based on their posting, using their own keywords back at them. Expand on things that are important, but you DON'T already have in your resume. This isn't an essay resume. This is the perfect time to talk about things that you don't have space for in your resume. Use examples of things you learned, achieved, or actually did. Don't use passive shit like participate, observe, etc. Think bold action verbs. If it doesn't tie back into the position, don't write about unless its extremely interesting and will make someone remember you.

Then close by saying I look forward to hearing back from you to talk about this position further. I have attached my resume and professional references (if this is an email). I am available for contact at phone number.

Sincecerely,
Name

Or if its a young start up hip company, do something a little more wild and standouty. This is pretty conservative.

>> No.509067

>>509037
>wanting to work for a nonprofit
get the fuck out you fucking commie

>> No.509069

>>509067
Communism is objectively the best system, whether you realize it or not.

>> No.509073

>>509059
I-I wasn't planning on going for Law. I don't even have the cumulative GPA for it. I really just want to work for non-profits/NGOs.

Maybe I'll go for a Masters in International Relations after I get some experience. I don't have much of an idea where to go.

>>509063
It seems like everyone tells me a different way to write a resume and I'm looking for an objective answer. Do cover letters make that much of a difference if they don't already know you?

Has a cover letter made much of a difference in your case?

>> No.509086
File: 20 KB, 212x320, 1390597444106.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>509069
Communism is literally incapable of realizing its core beliefs

Don't forget, the shittiest systems of government are always created by people that think they could do a better job than anyone else and *are* better than anyone else.