[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 107 KB, 300x300, sgoodman.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
50899843 No.50899843 [Reply] [Original]

In March, my SO was offered a job as a web dev job in Seattle. Everything seemed great...The job was offering him 30% more than he was being paid at his current job, and also offered to incorporate a "moving stipend" into his salary for the first year. We took our savings and relocated ourselves, driving from New Orleans to Seattle in a Subaru with two furbabies in the back (they were on cat drugs). It took us four days and was grueling.Everything was going well until his boss called him in and informed him he was being let go for not being a "good fit." She also said something about how his contract salary was too high and also that some person (who she didn't name) saw him smoking weed on break which was a lie. Apparently, in spite of his two year contract, they reserved the right to terminate him for any reason (or no reason) within the first three months of employment, and they did it just two weeks shy of three months....

>> No.50899849

...It's obvious to me we were scammed. They never had any intention of keeping him until his contract began. Now we are in debt for a move that was supposed to be a step up. We are moving back to New Orleans and had to beg money from our families just to cover the cost of moving our stuff during the summer (they charge a 4k lb minimum even though we have few personal items at this point). I tried to sell some gold jewelry, but was lowballed. I might sell my guitar if I can get anything for it. My husband is going to sell his new bicycle. Our building is charging us a termination fee of 2 months rent in addition to keeping our deposit. We are completely broken emotionally and financially. I have no idea how to act in this situation. It's put a strain on our relationship and broken his spirit so much that he will probably be risk-averse forever. I will be able to get my old job back when we return, and he will be able to collect unemployment (a fraction of his salary) until he is able to get another teaching job in August. Best-case scenario, we will be rebuilding our lives for the rest of this year. I feel like this is the worst blunder of either of our lives. Is there any legal recourse?

>> No.50899852

>>50899849
don't say anything to the company and speak to a lawyer

>> No.50899856

You're a faggot and so is your SO

>> No.50899871

Do you have nice feet? I'm worth 8 figures and am feeling generous. I'm sure your hubby won't mind me having some fun with you. After all he's a brokie. I have no problem cleaning up his mess but I want to have wifey as my sexual servant.

>> No.50899880

you should probably try going back to redit and posting this drivel over there

>> No.50899882

>him
kys faggot

>> No.50900399
File: 64 KB, 618x597, 1523382951713.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>furbabies