[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 363 KB, 711x692, 1659518551611478.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
50840699 No.50840699 [Reply] [Original]

This is definately not the place for this but I'd still like some input if there's anyone out there who could help.

I'm being considered for a portfolio administrator role and a corporate credit risk analyst. The portfolio administrator pays 25 percent less approximately and the job experience is probably not as good but I would be working with ultra high net worth clients and 2 Senior VP portfolio managers which is what I'd like to be someday (I just finished CFA).

The other one involves actual financial analysis and pays more but the contracts I'd make are much just your basic bank manager and director. They also work overtime a lot. I have a friend who did this job and now works in New York as a credit risk manager. Credit risk isn't my thing in the long term though. I want equity research/investment analyst ultimately leading to portfolio management.

Basically I'd pay 15 or 20k a year to hang out with these managers. I have no idea what to do.

Also, buy Expedia

>> No.50840758
File: 326 KB, 507x499, 1655405092756.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50840699
any advice how to pass level 2?
also the job pays less and the experience is less valuable. I think you already know the answer, you just want to make us peons squirm.

>> No.50840801

>>50840758
Understand the blue boxes and know how to do the end of reading exercises. I passed all 3 consecutively without making a single mock exam

>> No.50841070
File: 11 KB, 1500x684, 4ptsjj.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50840801

>> No.50841371

>>50840699
>but the contracts I'd make are much just your basic bank manager and director
*But the contacts I'd make are pretty much just your basic bank manager and director

>> No.50841959

>>50840699
>but I would be working with ultra high net worth clients
do these guys (role for which op is interviewing) actually talk to the UHNW individuals or are they just the excel/ppt monkies while the vp's wine and dine the high rollers?

>> No.50841979

>>50841959
I've been told I could talk to them but not give investment advice.

>> No.50842052

>>50841979
lol, do you think this will be helpful to you at all op or is this recruitment bullshit
what would you even say besides hi, do you think these people come in to make small talk or network with lower tier wagies

always be careful what they promise you, the work environment is one giant exercise in gaslighting

>> No.50842151

>>50842052
>always be careful what they promise you, the work environment is one giant exercise in gaslighting
I know. I'm starting to realize that. Especially when they told me one of the portfolio managers is close to retirement in some years and I could get his business. That rang some red flags in my head.

They all have that phony corporate smile and attitude. I want to think it's true since we're talking about one of the big 5 banks in Canada but at the same time I'm very cynical

>> No.50843174

>>50842151
>I could get his business.
that will never happen anon unless you make it so big you don't want that to happen, let me explain
all companies exist to extract more value from you otherwise they would not be in business as shareholders and useless overhead needs to be paid
so when old boss retires they can promote your ass and get nothing back, you are finetuned to your current position and you don't bring anything new to the table
now take exterior expert they can poached from the competition who brings with him a whole new set of contacts and clients to expand your departments business, guess who they will choice anon
they only way the answer is you is if you made your department so much profit/progress that they have to keep you (note they will still underpay you in your new boss position) but like i said earlier if you are in this position you will jobhop for large wagie increases

never, never believe them on promises of pay raises or promotions