[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 26 KB, 645x770, e1e.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
50752017 No.50752017 [Reply] [Original]

I'm so stressed out about my job. It pretty much involves me, a non-technical person, pretty much always asking technical people to do work. I feel so useless and like a fraud.

I have to make PowerPoint slides about topics I barely know about and which requires me to ask people tonnes of questions. After years of working I still have no idea whether in asking too many questions or not.

>> No.50752042

>>50752017
based project manager chad. whip those codeniggers into formation.

>> No.50752046

>>50752017
I think you should kill yourself to spare yourself the constant pain and suffering

>> No.50752156

>>50752042

A bit worse than that. I have to ask them to do shit but I have to be the guy making stuff up to do. But I know nothing and it's all technical. So I have to ask people what to do while being clueless about what's possible, what the benefits are, how long it will take and so in. And then pretend I was the person who figured it out.

>> No.50752240

>>50752156
i work in accounting/finance and i see clueless and unskilled/non-technical roastie project managers talking bullshit on ERP implementation meetings all the time. at the end of the day your boss / the company knows that you're technically clueless. you're there to understand the bare essentials of what's going on, to babysit the technical autists, to hold them accountable for their productivity and promises, and to act as an autism --> normie translator so you can let non-technical stakeholders know what, at a very high level, the autists are doing. i've never worked as PM. it sounds stressful but don't let it fuck you up because
>at the end of the day your boss / the company knows that you're technically clueless.