[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 34 KB, 480x480, 1645056212053.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
50706156 No.50706156 [Reply] [Original]

Wife makes $140kish but has absolute shit schedule that changes nearly biweekly because they absolutely refuse to increase wages for their pharms.

This means we have to pay an arm and leg for daycare for 3 (soon to be more) kids. There's basically no arrangement where I can within 1-2 days notice tell someone they have to take our kids and drop them off at school or pick them up since we're transplants anyways.

It's going to take a while but trying to get a Visa for a domestic worker which will sort of even out. Won't save any cash, but zero housework to do with Malee or Maria doing it for daycare costs. Daycares are booked out like 2-3 years right now.

So I'm thinking about being a gignigger but I've been discouraged because it doesn't look that easy to get into unless you're a code monkey, which I'm not.

Degree in Supply Chain Management
Sales & management background, 5-10 years of various office tier skills like hire and fire, spreadsheeting with mild SQL, front\backend web admin, ecommerce, research, reporting, business finance, light accounting (tax, internal and external). Some audio mixing & mastering experiance but none professionally.

Just wondering what bizfags are doing these days when it's not coding.

For remote stuff, I'd like to start getting involved with stuff that I can do all over the world. Journalizing seems to be a pretty universal want and need across the world. Basic ROI reporting, but I assume most of that stuff is handled in their ERP or cloud systems these days.

Wonder if anyone is doing Epic deployments around the world or if they're still just US centric.

I've seen some sales stuff mentioned too but most of the phone sales positions are call center stuff, not legitimate sales positions.

I've done some international business with China and wonder how valuable having a US seller on staff would be to them.

Ideas are helpful besides "learn to code." I'm interested in SQL but not non-database languages. MBA?

>> No.50706399

>>50706156
>daycare is murdering me
>better learn to code!
Start a fucking daycare you moron. Properly run they're a goldmine. Hire spicettes to do the work. Install 24/7 Webcam surveillance and make it available to parents to view. Keeps them happy and your staff in line.

>> No.50706616

>>50706399

Yeah man that is definately the feeling I'm getting. Webcam stuff is clever, which would 100% absolutely have to be done since I'm a man. There was a guy in town that got slandered by some kid who said he molested her who recanted when the trial came and admitted it was a lie because of some trivial BS.

>> No.50706647

>>50706156
Too

long

didn't

read

>> No.50706733

>>50706399
He won’t be able to do it. based on the way he types and spaces he won’t pass a childcare provider background check

>> No.50706851

>>50706733
kek

>> No.50706869

>>50706156
Do not send your children to gaycare
they WILL be raped

>> No.50706907

>>50706156
>>50706399
Watch daddy day care for inspiration

>> No.50706919

>>50706156
What gig stuff is available to those who can code?

>> No.50706936

>>50706156
>they absolutely refuse to increase wages for their pharms.
Is your wife a pharmacist? Tell her to get a job at a hospital. Then she could work five morning shifts a week instead of "2 on 2 off " 12 hour retail shifts. I personally prefer the latter but I have no kids.

>> No.50707025
File: 71 KB, 1024x569, CA670566-D1CC-4D9D-A79B-A590F8C6934B.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50706919
Isn’t gig work like driving for Uber or doordash?

>> No.50707223

>>50706733

This is true, I often use the N word when replying to government officials.

>> No.50707274

>>50706936

We're trying to pivot to that but hospitals are not friendly to retail pharms because everyone that works at a hospital considers themselves a "life saver." Also there is one local hospital. So it's going to take a while to break in. But I didn't get the impression she could do "morning shifts." The positions seem to be pretty much equally as awful for hours with a huge pay decrease. These people will take $30-40k pay docks so they can "work saving lives." She's the highest paid in her district. So that's another problem, basically bunch of new grads willing to take $80k a year. There's district manager and store management positions but they treat those people like shit and fire them all the time.

So yeah, more or less her position is absolutely maximized but that makes my situation pretty dire. Just applied at Tesla remote for the lols though.

>> No.50707433

>>50707274
I work prn at a hospital and they were never hostile to me for working retail full time. If anything, I feel like they appreciate my perspective. She needs to know people in that setting to get her foot in the door.
$140k max pay seems a bit low. What area of the country are y'all in? I'm in Georgia and base pay for pharmacy managers at my company ranges from $140k to $160k. And then there's $10k to $20k annually in bonuses on top of that depending on how busy the store is. And also 8% of annual pay added on as company stock.
Maybe you could get some certs in AWS. I think that's remote and not too hard to jump into.

>> No.50708058

>>50707433

If you don't mind dumping more on this, it'd be helpful. The biggest concern is whether a 9-5 esc arrangement can be reached. The swing schedules basically played a part in almost destroying us, but it's become manageable to an extent, but the goal is to get away from it.

Kids having their mom be gone every other weekend and every other Friday night, some school nights is pretty garbage. We're making it work, but it's not great. $170k a year might reconsider.

>> No.50708080

Only because that would cover a full time import nanny. Not the greatest thing to have a 2ndary woman for them to bond with, but if it means that at the end of her shift and mine we can be 100% clocked out and have no worries, it might work.

>> No.50708094

>>50707433

WA - HCOL but not CA tier.

>> No.50708545

>>50706399
My best friends fiancé is getting her teaching degree and has worked at daycares for years. I wonder if they’d want to go half and half on a daycare. I wonder how much you can make.

>> No.50708701

>>50708545

I briefly looked into this and it's not great unless you want to watch infants. With the infants you can basically stack them like 8 to 1 depending on the state in a specially designed table where you feed them in a circle while they bounce, then put them in a stroller, go for a walk, then put them in a play pen. Repeat the 3 times a day and pay some high school kid minimum wage for it.

When you get actual kids you have more sane ratios of like 3-4 kids per, or if you have a number of people in your building you can increase the counts and watch them as a group. But again, it doesn't scale as well. People also have to pay out the ass for infant care where as potty trained kids it's more cut throat. And I mean, yeah I get that. No way in hell I would watch kids shitting their pants.

I don't care about going hiking with a bunch of kids or playing N64 with them and then doing the books at the end of the night. But consider a business building lease is very expensive. Pretty much minimum $4k a month. Basically the one thing that really fucked me on this angle is we're in an HOA and there's a no home business rule. If that wasn't true it'd have been easy to throw that shit on facebook and start taking cash because a lot of people are desperate.

>> No.50708991

>>50708701
Ya it seems like a lot of people are desperate and willing to pay crazy amounts, but I guess after you factor in the costs there’s not a ton of money to be made.