[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 153 KB, 1280x720, money.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
50611225 No.50611225 [Reply] [Original]

Hey All - First post here so apologies if I am breaking any rules.

I have identified a business opportunity which helps people in my line of work use a data-set that I have compiled in order to turn 30 mins of "admin"/"researching" into a 1-click/copy and paste solution within an external SaaS product that takes less than 1 minute. I have quite literally reduced my workload by 95% by building this data-set (Don't tell my boss lol) and I know this will be attractive to others around me.

My question is, how the hell can I monetise this and/or build a product around it?

To give you an idea, my current process is as follows:

Receive a task from my boss which requires admin and researching

Open external SaaS product/website we use to get this information

Go to my excel sheet with the data-set

Find particular data based on my need within excel sheet

Copy from Excel sheet into external SaaS product/website

Search on external SaaS product/website is it possible to package this dataset into a nice and simple product which can be bought by a consumer on a subscription

Get the result I need in seconds

This process is fine for me personally, but I want to make a nice product I can sell directly to consumers on a monthly subscription basis that quite literally gives them that 1-click solution without the hassle of opening an excel, finding what they need and then copy and pasting this.

Is it possible that the above can be packaged into a nice and simple browser extension/software product which can be sold to customers directly? Any advice is really appreciated.

>> No.50611359

Who owns the admin data set that you're using? They'll likely object to you making money off of it unless it's from a government entity.

>> No.50611599

>>50611359

>>50611359
It is all my own that I build from scratch in an excel sheet. The dataset is just a huge list of particular individual words...

There is no ties or significance to any company/brand.

Imagine a huge list of word in an excel sheet that you can copy and paste a relevant portion of the words - thats what I have at the moment

I cant see any issue with intellectual property because of this!

>> No.50612457

youre about to learn the shittiest thing ever about business. just because you have a kick ass thing that makes life easier and saves money/time, doesn't mean shit if you can't execute properly on it.
of course you can make it into a browser extension. the hard part is finding customers to pay for it. it may seem obvious to you why someone would need it, but that's gonna be your biggest hurdle.
my advice is give it a shot, keep your costs down, and don't quit.

>> No.50612549

>>50611599
>be wagie
>discover cntl-f
>discover dataframes

I am 99% sure that it would take me a day or two (30 Minutes) to make a program that did that.

If you are paying people to do what you are describing yourself to do the recession is going to be way worse than I thought. Most companies should already have those tools in house, hell a random engineer likely makes themselves that tool just to read data, if it isn't already covered by "cntl-f"

Microsoft excel already has the functionality that you describe. And if you truly have a database and not some tard teir set of workbooks you might want to get familiar with sql and sql queries. You are right sorting data is quick, but marketing it? Fuck off man you are what is wrong with this god forsaken world. You will make blotware and you will impotently seethe at your consumers for pirating whatever "subscription" you sell. Invest in a lawyer.

>> No.50612629

>>50612457

Thank you for the genuine advice...

Do you have any guidance on what route to go regarding the browser extension?

Should I get a website and get someone to build a browser extension?

>> No.50612793

I have a greaet idea too it's called the Office Jerk
Basically a little program that pulls up random BJ pron and then a little device comes down from the underside of your desk (a pocket pussy) and you coom in the pocket pussy which then goes back up on the desk.