[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.37 MB, 1800x1290, bill-gates.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
506101 No.506101 [Reply] [Original]

Daily reminder accounting will be automated in the next ten years.

>but audit can't be automated!

Auditors will be evaluating code.

>> No.506108

>>506101
Everything can and will be automated eventually. Even designing and maintaining the atomization processes. That's not a bad thing. Humanity will be able to kick back and enjoy themselves while robots do all the work. Until Terminator happens.

>> No.506110

>>506108
This.

As a whole humanity will overcome. It's going to suck massive donkey balls for the individuals on the bottom rungs.

>> No.506168

From what I've seen in the financial market within the last 10 or so years is that everything is becoming automated. There is no escape.

>> No.506179

>>506110

Why? With the growing welfare state, they'll be the first to not have to work.

The rest of us will still be needed for the jobs that demand higher competence and abstract thinking, and as a result we'll continue to enjoy a higher standard of living.

But they'll be content to kick back with their malt liquor and daytime television, funded by government checks.

>> No.506184

>>506101
accounting couldve been automated 20 years ago, the only reason it isnt is because accountants want their high paying easy jobs and computer people cant force themselves to learn all the boring ass accounting theyd need to program the machines. also, the more automated the accounting system is, the greater the need for people who are both expert accountants and experts at computer development and algorithm design to sort out all the fucked up shit that will inevitably happen when people with no knowledge of either accounting or computers have to enter their numbers in the system.

>> No.506197

>>506108
>Humanity will be able to kick back and enjoy themselves

You mean the rich will reap all the benefits while everyone in the middle class and below can't find any work.

>> No.506206

>>506184

Exactly. All you need to automate accounting is some 90s level SQL and VB. The only reason it has went this long is because accountants can't program and programmers can't account.

>> No.507237

daily reminder for Tuesday

>> No.507258

>>506108
And eventually the human mind will probably be digitized.

>> No.507274

>>506101
Yes?
Have you not heard of TurboTax?

>> No.507283

>>506108
I hate people like you. Factory jobs aren't even completely automated. Majority of the automation is robotic welders in a car plant. GL automating a product that gets updated every two years. I was scared that I'd be automated away when I started my job. Now that I see how they operate, I can safely say it's much more efficient to throw 500 people at an assembly line than to constantly update the robots for new automation.

In manufacturing, it's going to be a long time before everything gets completely automated.

Robots are still expensive. They can only do HIGHLY repetitive tasks. Even then, you can't automate a maintenance technician away.

pls read about production and study manufacturing before you even suggest something as wild as that. Manufacturing isn't everything, but everything won't be automated.

>> No.507290
File: 1018 KB, 300x167, 1410902880527.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>507283
>implying humankind will not be taken over by AI's
Do you even know quantum computing nigga.