[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 59 KB, 479x720, 1514016219423.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
50539571 No.50539571 [Reply] [Original]

So I posted here asking for advice about transferring my BTC and ETH to my hardware wallet. I set up my trezor wallet and initiated the transfer of my coins. 2 days later, my BTC was in my wallet but not my ETH. I then went on /biz/ asking for help. Someone emailed me with these instructions about how to get the ETH onto my wallet.

>Click on missing assets
>Click on the trezor wallet and connect manually
>Then click on the eth transaction to authenticate the transaction

I followed the steps and then entered my seed recovery password and when I went back to my wallet, my BTC was gone and sent to a different address.
Is there anyway to unsend that? I might be the dumbest person to ever walk the earth. It looked like a secure website omfg. Is there any action I can take to recover it? I’m freaking out...
I’m so embarrassed and ashamed. I lost everything. I’m ruined. This shouldn’t come as a shock to anyone who’s more familiar with BTC, or has common sense. I fell for something that an elderly person with dementia would fall for. And I did it because I was so eager/anxious to resolve the issue that I didn’t use my head. Fuck my life I want to die.

>> No.50539590

>>50539571
*yawn*

>> No.50539669

>>50539571
yeah thats the thing when dealing with crypto, once money becomes digits on a screen you become absolutely reckless with it

>> No.50539670

Nice reddit copypasta you fucking retail moonboy

>> No.50539772

>>50539571
Oh that’s an easy fix anon just search for system32 on your desktop, that’s where all crypto transactions are processed for desktops. Once you find it just delete that and it should cancel out and recover your btc like it never even happened.

>> No.50539798

>>50539571
how much did you lose, fren

>> No.50539922

You entered your keys onto a website?

The whole point is you don’t enter your keys anywhere besides on the hardware wallets screen

You got baited into typing your keys out onto a website on your computer… I don’t get it

Did you not understand the entire point of the hardware wallet? The point is it’s the only place you generate, store, and enter your keys it into, nowhere else.