[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 136 KB, 920x450, polkadot-vs-cosmos.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
50430732 No.50430732 [Reply] [Original]

What's your opinion on these two? I don't see them mentioned often in any meaningful way.

>> No.50430750

>>50430732
That's cause they're good and we don't want others getting in while the apy is high. Cosmos is the better ecosystem though.

>> No.50430761

>>50430732
Polkadot is like Cardano.
Atom is like ETH.

>> No.50430815

>>50430750
>Cosmos is the better ecosystem though.
Why's that? I'm still looking into both but have been watching dot more.

>> No.50430845

DOT has more devs and funding but the ecosystem is a dumpster fire full of predatory VCs and nothing interesting. Additionally the parachain model cucks growth and the inflation is double digits.

Cosmos has a much more versatile structure but the token was poorly conceived and they just recently decided to make it needed. It also suffers from the fact that sdks don't even need atom, much like subnets on avax so there's little value capture for the main chain.

I think cosmos much better buy given marketcap but just buy eth instead of wait for next bull market and buy a low cap instead

>> No.50431082

I used to think that interconnected blockchains was the third and next major shift in blockchains, but I'm not so sure anymore. Having almost all stuff just done on a single normal blockchain instead could be more than good enough, while having many benefits such as less complexity. And we see this in practice too: While the second major shift, smart contracts, completely took over the crypto community within just a couple of years after Ethereum was released, we've yet to see the same adoption for interconnected chains. Polkadot and Cosmos are both pretty obscure still, and doesn't even seem to be growing much compared to the rest of crypto.

>> No.50431084

>>50430732
I like Proton better than DOT

>> No.50431147
File: 96 KB, 900x900, 432444.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Would it be a bad idea to average into both ATOM / DOT as my main holds? 50/50

>> No.50432509

>>50430815
I like how they've approached growth. Anyone can start their own chain and connect with other cosmos chains.
Onboarding is done by airdropping supply to past users of atom, juno, etc., for free. The major chains (juno, osmo, atom), refuse to cut in centralized exchanges, but requires they buy on the open market. Instead, osmosis dex doesn't charge gas so new users can get in easy.
I don't hold atom though, not needed atm. I stick to Juno, since permissionless, cross-chain smart contracts seems like a big deal.

>>50431082
Solves the scalability problem in a way. Have roughly one chain per app. If it gets clogged (e.g., NFT minting) all the other chains still run as normal.