[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 905 KB, 3264x1836, maxresdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5032982 No.5032982 [Reply] [Original]

Where will crypto be 1 year from now? 2 years from now? 5 years? 10 years?

What will be the top 10 coins?

Will there even still be coins?

Will crypto replace fiat? Or will it crash and burn?

>> No.5033058

>walk into Gamestop
>ask for a copy of Final Fantasy XX
>"Ok, that'll be 0.0000003 BITBEANS"
>spaghetti slowly drips from my pockets
>oh fuck not again
>"I only have 300 Bitcoin please"
>"Bit-what?"
>face gets red
>"Please accept my bitcoin right now."
>"I don't know what that is. Is that some kind of shitcoin. We only accept Bitbeans here"
>struggling to contain my embarrassment
>clenching asscheeks together to hold in my shit
>voice reduced to a mumble
>"have money please bitcoin give no shitcoin please accept"
>"Are you okay?"
>shit breaches through my asscheeks
>propelled forward at 60mph
>crash through the Gamestop employee's counter
>he's holding onto me for dear life
>all the while spaghetti is flowing out of my pockets like fumes
>crash through the entire row of buildings in the strip mall, broken glass shards in my face
>yelling "ACCEPT PLEASE BITCOIN GAME PLEASE ACCEPT"
>Gamestop employee is covered in shit and spaghetti
>my pocket rocket shows no signs of stopping
>he tilts me backwards
>the sheer force of my shit has reached 650mph, we are now propelling upwards
>the spaghetti and shit intertwines and falls down to earth in glorious yellow and brown streams as we head towards the stratosphere
>children below frolic in the mess falling from my anus
>the g-force is causing my asscheeks to flap vigorously and create a gale
>spaghetti and shit blowing through the air on the planet below
>3 miles upwards now
>Gamestop employee has died from lack of oxygen, his body falls to the surface below and is shredded by the force of my shit
>my transformation is almost complete
>as I leave the atmosphere my bear hands sprout and my tail grows, acting as a rudder
>steer myself across the cosmos with my gleaming shit and spaghetti trail

>> No.5033109

>>5032982

If it's considered feasible, governments will start creating cryptos under their control, which will just be released at the nominal value of their national currencies. Stuff like bitcoin may actually still be bolstered by this, because people will start to think cryptocurrency in general is a legit technology, and misunderstanding how currency works they might think bitcoin will overcome the government fiat. It won't, it'll just remain speculative digital gold. Which is probably fine, that means we have a long way to go.

>> No.5033200

>>5033058
this story has changed me forever. i seriously laughed so much i felt something snap inside my brain. good laughs. am i gonna be ok?

>> No.5033205
File: 1.82 MB, 357x296, dhMeAzK.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5033058

>> No.5033933
File: 2.67 MB, 320x181, Bamboozled.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5033058

>> No.5034233

>>5033058
Read the whole thing in pajeet accent, not sure why...

>> No.5034427

>>5032982
Will it be the main currency for new world order? Just like in the book?

>> No.5034463

>>5032982
I believe blockchain technology is here to stay, but any specific coin's future is uncertain

>> No.5034522
File: 54 KB, 500x329, nowthisisshitposting.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5033058
PLEASE MAKE A MOVIE

>> No.5034663

>>5033058
Did he ever get the game?

>> No.5034731

Here's my take.

The ICO hype will die, and even now it is already dying with many coins dumping immediately after ICO and never recovering to ICO price. People will start to look at ICOs more realistically, and realize that many of these projects either have unrealistic goals or just don't represent anything at all.

Bitcoin and Ethereum will continue to have issues regarding speed and scaling the more they're adopted and the more people start to enter crypto. This will be an opportunity for new challengers to enter the stage with better use cases and better technology. I don't want to flat out say that BTC and Ethereum will die, but I will say that they will need some MAJOR improvements if they're going to be at all relevant going forward. BTC needs major upgrades if it's going to function as a currency on a global scale, and if Ethereum is ever going to be a "global supercomputer," it's going to have to prove that it can handle more than a digital cat trading game without the network getting clogged up.

Overall, I think we'll start to see a LOT less shitcoins moving forward. By 2020, 90% of shitcoin projects will be dead, and the only survivors will be ones with actual use cases. You'll no longer be able to just throw many at random coins and expect a 10,000% return. You will have to start looking for good projects with realistic goals and an actual chance at succeeding.