[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 360 KB, 1084x690, 1627659789372.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
50253011 No.50253011 [Reply] [Original]

Commodity Chads Edition

>Why are we investing in commodities?
https://youtu.be/E4yPZel6iNw
>The Rotation of Money
https://youtu.be/n96yXD0Z5Rw
>Supply Deficit
https://youtu.be/bJGiIp7uGGQ
>Peak Supply
https://youtu.be/GkLKBqI1hfI
>Electric Vehicles Battery Minerals and Supply
https://youtu.be/dIc3_hT39Tc
>The Fed is Trapped
https://youtu.be/6359DuAgg-A
>What do huge returns look and feel like?
https://youtu.be/a2ZHDb3rD1w
>Rick Rule: When Gold & Silver Price Goes Up, They Make You Lots Of Money Quickly
https://youtu.be/skBWhlOxO-I

Commodities include
>Precious metals
Platinum, Gold, Silver
>Energy
Oil, Natural Gas, Uranium, Coal
>Base Metals
Copper, Nickel, Zinc
>Others
Water, Agricultural, Salt

Mining for Noobs
https://pastebin.com/5uWth6eG
More information for each commodity
https://pastebin.com/tduUv8Ny
Calculators for DD
https://pastebin.com/TsRtpKHs
/CMMG/ approved gold and silver stocks
https://pastebin.com/yv5gVyei
Mining company rundown
https://pastebin.com/n9dRBgL4
Steer Clear List
https://pastebin.com/V571vwse
News Sources
https://pastebin.com/bQFESpBL
Best brokers?
Fidelity is the best and Interactive Brokers for Europoors

>Youtube channels to follow
Palisade Gold Radio, Mining Stocks Education, Sprott Money, Goldsilver pros (Rob Kientz), Finding Value Finance, Gregory Mannarino, Peter Schiff, Macro Voices, Crux Investor

>What is Austrian economics?
https://mises.org/what-austrian-economics
>Austrian economics books
What has government done to our money (Rothbard), The mystery of banking (Rothbard), and Profit & Loss (Mises)

Previous: >>50205857

>> No.50253029
File: 38 KB, 300x300, thumb_g-technology-52589944.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50253011
We ded bros. The world no longer needs commodities.

>> No.50253053
File: 256 KB, 604x613, 1638039951596.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50253011
When are the protest breaking out in America about food and energy. Seems like Sri Lanka and some other countries are going to shit. What are you guys doing to survive. I think living together with friends and family. Also prepping food and guns for them is needed as well.

>> No.50253549
File: 2.17 MB, 3120x1708, All-the-Metals-We-Minedaaaaa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

RHENIUM

>> No.50254187

>>50253053
Its coming to Europe. Look at the Netherland protests, its only the beginning. Bridgewater shorting EU companies. The ECB is spineless and will hold out as long as possible to increase the strenght of the euro. Nordstream 1 will soon be shut down for maintenance, wonder if it will be turned back on. Either way Germany will freeze this winter. Get ready for energy rationing.

>> No.50254520

>>50253029
Your mistake was not buying commodities

Instead you bought companies that may or may not produce commodities

and for some reason you didn't see the difference between a necessary commodity and a liar that says they make it

>> No.50254726

>>50253029
I want Powell to pull a volker. Let's go

>> No.50254873

>>50253011
heard cpi leaked and its under 7%
any sauce on this?

>> No.50256066

>>50253053
They'll shut down the LNG export facilities under some made up environmental concern, reducing domestic prices which are largely being driven up by exports. Europe on the other hand...

>> No.50256094

>>50256066
As someone with 30%+ holdings in US gas companies, that would make me somewhat disappointed.

>>50254520
>Buy a passive asset instead of a productive one
Peak /biz/

>> No.50256287

At one point will we finally be the ones calling the shots?

>> No.50256333
File: 9 KB, 240x240, Matt Levine.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

From Matt Levine's Money Stuff:

Nickel guy
If you sell nickel futures at a price of $25,000 per ton, and then the price of nickel futures goes up to $100,000 per ton, then in some simple arithmetic sense you have lost $75,000 per ton. If you sold 100 tons of nickel futures, then you have lost more than $7 million. But if you sold 150,000 tons of futures, the math changes a bit; it becomes non-linear and relativistic. If you sold 150,000 tons of nickel futures at $25,000 per ton, and then the price goes up to $100,000, your banks will call you up and say “uh you have lost $11 billion, can you pay that please,” and you will say “I would prefer not to,” and an insane series of events will happen:

1. The nickel exchange will cancel a bunch of trades and declare that actually the market price of nickel is $48,000 per ton, magically reversing most of your losses.
2. Then the exchange will call you and say “okay let’s close you out of that trade at $48,000 per ton.”
3. Then you will say “no, this is still too much money for me to lose, I prefer not to.”
4. Then your banks will say “well okay how much are you willing to lose?”
5. You will say “I would close out this trade at $30,000, that’s how much money I am willing to lose.”
6. Your banks will say “okay fine, we’ll wait for nickel prices to go back below $30,000, meanwhile we’ll just lend you the money to stay in the position.”
7. They will.
8. Eventually nickel prices will go below $30,000 and you will get out of the trade at a modest loss.
9. If prices never go below $30,000 then I guess your banks are very sad, but honestly they’re pretty sad about all of this anyway.

>> No.50256358
File: 70 KB, 600x632, Nickel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50256333
I cannot stress enough that this is not how it works if you are a small customer. This is the white-glove treatment that only the biggest customers get. If you are big enough, you get to tell the exchange how much money you’re willing to lose, and the exchange and your banks will make sure you don’t lose more than that.

Here is a wild Bloomberg News story about Xiang Guangda, the Chinese metals tycoon who runs Tsingshan Holding Group Co., who is nicknamed “Big Shot,” and who blew up the London Metals Exchange in March. We talked about it at the time, but this story adds a lot more detail about what Xiang, his bankers and the LME were thinking and doing. It is not pretty! Xiang shorted something like 150,000 tons of nickel somewhere in the $20,000s, and when nickel prices went up to $100,000 he said “no thank you”:

>After nickel started spiking on March 7, Tsingshan struggled to meet its margin calls. … The LME had eventually intervened to halt trading a couple of hours after nickel hit $100,000. It also canceled billions of dollars of transactions, bringing the price back to $48,078, where it closed the previous day, in what amounted to a lifeline for Xiang and Tsingshan.

>> No.50256381

>>50256358
And then the LME said “well, okay, $48,000?” and Xiang again said “no thank you”:

>To reopen the market, the LME proposed a solution: Xiang should strike a deal with holders of long positions to close out his trade. But a price of around $50,000 would be more than twice the level at which he had entered his short position, and would mean accepting billions of dollars in losses. ...

>Xiang told the assembled bankers he had no intention of closing the position anywhere near $50,000. A few hours later he was delivering the same message to Matthew Chamberlain, chief executive of the LME. Tsingshan was a strong company, he said, and it had the support of the Chinese government. There would be no backing down.

And so his banks said “well okay what price would be acceptable” and he said “$30,000” and they said “fine”:

>On March 14, a week after the chaos that engulfed the nickel market, Tsingshan announced a deal with its banks under which they agreed not to pursue the company for the billions it owed for a period of time. In exchange, Xiang agreed a series of price levels at which he would reduce his nickel position once prices dropped below about $30,000.

Eventually nickel got below $30,000 and he got out of the position at about a $1 billion loss. “The loss has been roughly offset by the profits of his nickel operations over the same period.”

>> No.50256396
File: 844 KB, 498x354, 1656382268517.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Commodities will be raped during the recession. I am ready. I expect to make 8x on my puts.

See you faggots on the other side.

>> No.50256404

>>50256381
The article also describes the scene at Xiang’s office on the evening of March 8:

>Within hours, more than 50 bankers had arrived at his office wanting to hear how he planned to respond to the crisis. He told them simply: “I’m confident that we will overcome this.”

If FIFTY BANKERS ever arrive at your office all at once, (1) you have done something terrible but (2) it is absolutely their problem, not yours.

>With unprecedented chaos rippling through the industry, Xiang — still facing his bankers in the early hours of March 9 — had a key advantage. They were more terrified than he was.

>If he refused to pay, they would have to chase him in courts in Indonesia and China. What’s more, he had executed his nickel trade through a variety of corporate entities – such as the Hong Kong branch of battery unit Ruipu Energy Co. – and it wasn’t clear the banks would even have the right to seize Tsingshan’s most valuable assets.

>The bankers understood that if things went wrong, their careers would be over, one person who was in the room remembered.

>> No.50256418

>>50256404
Incredible stuff. When the LME declared that the price of nickel wasn’t actually $100,000 (as the market said) but $48,000, it broke a bunch of trades and cost some financial traders hundreds of millions of dollars. They were really mad, understandably; several have sued the LME. I was pretty sympathetic to those lawsuits before reading this story, but now, oh man! The LME canceled trades and shut down the market not for some good neutral reason, but because it was bullied by a giant trader who decided that he preferred not to follow the rules, and the LME couldn’t risk the chaos of trying to hold him to the rules. So it put his losses on other people instead, people who did follow the rules and could meet their margin requirements.

The point here I guess is that being responsible and well capitalized and correctly predicting the market price is fine, in financial markets, but it is distinctly second-best. Being irresponsible and undercapitalized but giant is much better. Then you can just tell the market what the price is.

>> No.50256504

>>50256418
>If you owe the bank $100 that's your problem. If you owe the bank $100 million, that's the bank's problem. - J. Paul Getty

We'll have to see where that big-ass lawsuit about these shenanigans will go tho.

>> No.50256546
File: 992 KB, 1269x1322, 1654665645817.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The bottom is in, we will wagmi shortly. Japan countryside level pump imminent.
http://www.321gold.com/editorials/moriarty/moriarty070722.html

>> No.50256569

>>50256504
The point is it's the LME getting sued, not this Chink who is a massive Nickel producer.
He takes various long and short positions to cover himself, but if he faces huge losses, they just shut down the entire market and reset the prices so he doesn't lose. Too Big to Fail, literally.
This is a thing that can happen with any commodity.

>> No.50256609

>>50256569
It takes exactly one big loss for CME or LME to not let guys like this off the hook ever again. Or get into that huge short position in the first place.

>> No.50256709

>>50256609
He had the normal amount of shorts (and longs) that large scale commodity producers take to protect themselves, across various industries.
He's the #1 producer of Nickel in the world I do believe, his exposure is enormous.
If Nickel 5x in price that is nominally great for you with your Nickel mine, but that Nickel is still in the ground; your longs are going to get margin-called TODAY.

>> No.50256757

>>50256709
And that margin can be satisfied in hours with some loans secured by your actual nickel. The system is working as intended.

And they are not under-capitalized, they have a fuckton of nickel in the ground. They were just temporarily out of liquidity.

>> No.50256774

>>50256609
Here's his march article for context:

Nickel
One way to have a commodities exchange would be that you get the nickel producers in a room with the industrial users of nickel and they agree to sell each other nickel. Each producer would say “I am going to make X tons of nickel this year, who wants it,” and each user would say “I am going to need Y tons of nickel this year, I’ll take some,” and they’d agree on prices and delivery dates. The producers would lock in buyers for their nickel, the users would lock in a supply of nickel for their factories, everyone would be as hedged as they wanted to be. (Or not: A producer might sell all of its production for the next three years to lock in prices, or it might sell only this week’s production and take a chance that next week it will get a better price.) And they’d all negotiate credit terms: If I agreed to buy nickel from you next year, we’d agree on how much of a down payment I should give you now.

Obviously this happens, in the sense that industrial users of commodities do often have contractual agreements with suppliers of those commodities to take future deliveries. But it is not particularly how commodities exchanges work. A modern commodities exchange is a considerably more abstract thing, a place for financial betting rather than a place to arrange delivery of nickel for your particular factory. Commodities exchanges trade standardized contracts for standardized amounts and grades of the commodity, deliverable at standardized locations (often warehouses affiliated with the exchange), with standardized credit terms in which the exchange sits in the middle of every trade. The trades are for fungible standard contracts, not for delivery of particular cargoes at particular warehouses.

>> No.50256777

>>50256609
It's the exchange's fault for allowing traders make those trades with no collateral.
It was a similar issue with GME. They allowed 120% of the stock to be shorted. Real demand wasn''t really $1200 but the price spiked there momentarily because the squeeze could have gone up infinitely.

You're not really much of a victim if your order got cancelled that day, because the numbers were all fake and not real market rates anyway.

>> No.50256789

>>50256774
Among other things, doing it this way opens up commodities trading to many more participants. If you are a hedge fund, you can buy or sell nickel futures without, for instance, (1) owning a nickel mine or (2) owning a warehouse to store nickel or (3) owning big trucks to haul nickel or (4) knowing the creditworthiness of every major nickel producer and user and negotiating credit lines with them. All you need is money, and a credit agreement with a bank or broker who is a member of the exchange and can clear your trades for you.

This is generally a good thing, for the commodities exchanges, and for industrial producers and users, because it creates liquidity. There are banks and brokerages and hedge funds and electronic trading firms and individuals trading nickel futures all day and trying to keep the price correct. And so if you are a nickel producer looking to sell some nickel futures there will be a lot of people looking to buy — many more than if you were only selling to industrial users — and so you will be able to hedge quickly and efficiently at a fair price.

>> No.50256806

>>50256789
There are some inconveniences. If you are a nickel producer and you sell your future production on the exchange, you might not literally produce nickel, put it on trucks, and deliver it to whoever bought nickel futures from you.[1] You don't even know who they are, for one thing; as far as you’re concerned your counterparty is the exchange. Also you might not produce the right type of nickel, or be located near the right sorts of warehouses. Instead probably you will sell your actual nickel production in some other way — when you produce the nickel you’ll sell it to a physical metals trader who’ll pick it up, or you’ll have a supply agreement with a manufacturer, or whatever — and you’ll use the futures market to hedge. You have a mine, you sell some futures, and then if the price of nickel goes down (1) you’ll make less money on the nickel that you mine and deliver to real customers but (2) you’ll get the money back on the futures you sold. The futures are not primarily sales contracts among industrial users and suppliers; they are primarily financial instruments that are correlated with the physical price.

>> No.50256820

>>50256806
Last week the nickel market broke. Here is a good account from Bloomberg News of “The 18 Minutes of Trading Chaos That Broke the Nickel Market,” early in the morning London time on March 8. The basic story is that Xiang Guangda, a Chinese nickel tycoon who runs Tsingshan Holding Group Co., had a big bet against nickel in the futures market. The price of nickel shot up due to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, and Xiang lost money on his short bet, as did other short sellers. They got margin calls: The exchange demanded that Xiang’s brokers put up more money to cover his losses, and the brokers demanded money from him, which he did not have. Short sellers facing margin calls bought back some of their nickel futures, pushing the price higher and leading to more margin calls:

>That put Tsingshan’s banks and brokers, which include JPMorgan Chase, BNP Paribas, and Standard Chartered, in a bind. They had offset their deals with Tsingshan by placing their own short positions on the LME. Now they had to pay big margin calls on the exchange while receiving no margin from their client. Some started hurrying to buy back nickel contracts, sending the price of nickel spiraling ever higher. It was a classic short squeeze, as the pain for Tsingshan, its brokers, and other shorts created a self-reinforcing cycle.

>> No.50256833

>>50256820
Some brokers on the exchange did not have the money to meet margin calls, and continuing to trade would have bankrupted them. So the London Metal Exchange decided, never mind:

>By now, Tsingshan wasn’t the only nickel company that was struggling—just the biggest. Many producers, traders, and users of nickel with short positions on the LME were facing margin calls many times larger than they were prepared for. “When it was flying towards $100,000, you could feel the damage, and you knew companies were fighting for their existence,” says John Browning, founding partner of brokerage Bands Financial Ltd. and a former LME board member.

>At the current price of nickel, the brokers themselves wouldn’t be able to pay their margin calls, they told the LME. Four or five of the brokerages that are LME members would have failed, a shock that could have devastated the global metals industry. The price move on March 8 “created a systemic risk to the market,” the LME said two days later. The exchange had “serious concerns about the ability of market participants to meet their resulting margin calls, raising the significant risk of multiple defaults.” Despite that, [LME Chief Executive Oficer Matthew] Chamberlain insisted to Bloomberg TV on March 9 that the solvency of the LME itself was never in doubt.

>The LME made a near-unprecedented decision. It decided to cancel all the trades that took place on Tuesday morning—$3.9 billion of them, according to a Bloomberg calculation. Exchanges sometimes cancel trades when technology glitches or “fat fingers” cause one-off mistakes. But it’s extremely unusual for an exchange to cancel whole sessions of trading after the fact. Crucially, the decision meant traders wouldn’t need to pay margin calls on the basis of the $80,000 nickel price. Effectively, it rewound the market to the moment when prices closed on Monday at $48,078.

>> No.50256846

>>50256833
Traders who were short nickel would have been bankrupted at $80,000, so the LME cut the price back to $48,078 to keep them afloat.

One way to look at this is to pretend that the nickel exchange is just where industrial producers and users of nickel lock in their prices. If you’re a giant nickel producer and you sell a lot of nickel forward, and then the price of nickel goes up, (1) you are happy because you are a nickel producer and your product is worth more, but (2) you are sad because you sold a lot of your product cheap and you could have made more money if you waited, but (3) it’s fine, whatever, that’s what hedging is for. Certainly it is not a catastrophe for you that the price of nickel, which you produce, went up. You were making the nickel anyway, and you will deliver it at the agreed price.

And therefore if the market structure turns it into a catastrophe — if your brokers are bankrupted and the price of nickel futures soars way beyond the price industrial users are paying due to margin calls driven by short-term liquidity mismatches — then the market structure is wrong and the exchange should just wave a wand and reverse that. The exchange is just a convenient fiction, a helpful adjunct to real-world nickel trading.

>> No.50256860

>>50256846
This is … kind of what the exchange and its defenders said?

>LME’s Chamberlain defended canceling the trades. “Our fundamental responsibility is market stability,” he told Bloomberg TV. “The prices that were being seen during that Asian session were becoming disconnected from, I believe, physical reality.” ...

>[Mark] Hansen of Concord Resources argues that financial investors who traded nickel last week should have been prepared for the LME to step in. … “The LME at the end of the day is a physical metal market,” he says. “Anyone using the LME needs to understand that. It’s not just a casino.”

The Financial Times reports:

>Cancelling trades had been necessary because the size of the short position that had been racked up in rocketing nickel presented a systemic risk, said Matt Chamberlain, LME’s chief executive.

>“One of our key responsibilities is to serve the physical traders,” he said. “If we allowed the trades to stand, we would have to say that the price of nickel is $80,000-$90,000 and that would not seem rational to the physical market. And we could have placed significant stress on a number of our core members.”

>> No.50256877

>>50256860
But if you were on the other side of the trades that were canceled — if you sold nickel at $80,000 only to find out that no you actually hadn’t — you might feel aggrieved. “Physical reality” has nothing to do with it! That was the price! You were trading on the exchange in good faith; there were buy orders and you were filling them. The fact that the buyers might have been motivated by margin calls rather than industrial needs for nickel was irrelevant to you: You were there to do financial trading. The LME wanted you there! The nickel producers and consumers wanted you there! Everyone agreed on the somewhat abstract financialized rules of the nickel market, because those rules attract financial traders and therefore make the market more useful.

>> No.50256889

>>50256877
And when you blow up those rules because the results “would not seem rational to the physical market,” the financial traders get mad and the market gets less useful:

>“For the LME to cancel nickel trades between willing buyers and sellers is unforgiveable. UNFORGIVEABLE,” tweeted Mark Thompson, a former trader at Trafigura and Apollo. Cliff Asness, founder of AQR Capital Management, accused the LME, which was for more than a century owned by its members but in 2012 was sold to Hong Kong Exchanges & Clearing, of “stealing money from market participants trading in good faith and giving it to Chinese nickel producers and their banks.” ...

>Some think this could herald the end of the exchange itself. “The LME is now very likely going to die a slow, self-inflicted death through the loss of confidence in it and its products,” predicted Thompson in a tweet. ...

>Some aggrieved traders are already preparing to take legal action against the exchange. There are also traders making plans to abandon the LME nickel contract, a move that would reduce market liquidity, making it harder for everyone from miners to car companies to manage their exposure to prices and access financing.

>> No.50256907

>>50256889
Meanwhile, the LME remains shut and people are working to get things back to physical reality. As we have discussed, Xiang has two basic problems: He produces a lot of nickel, so his losses on his short position are offset by his gains on his nickel production, but (1) he needs a lot of ready cash to meet margin calls on the futures and (2) the nickel he produces is not the sort of nickel that can be delivered to settle LME futures. He seems to be coming to solutions on both issues. On the cash side, you know, he has a lot of nickel, which is very valuable now, so surely someone will lend him money:

>Banks led by JPMorgan Chase & Co. are in advanced talks for a loan facility to backstop Xiang Guangda’s short position in nickel, in an attempt to restore stability to the market after an unprecedented squeeze. ...

>Under the deal being discussed, the roughly 10 banks that were Xiang’s counterparts for his nickel bet would extend enough credit to cover his mark-to-market losses, according to people familiar with the matter. Crucially, they would also provide a loan facility to allow Xiang to meet future margin calls should the nickel price increase further.

>In exchange, Xiang is offering the banks security over a wide range of assets held by his company Tsingshan Group Holding Co., the world’s top nickel and stainless steel producer, the people said, asking not to be identified as the discussions are private.

>> No.50256922

>>50256907
On the wrong-kind-of-nickel problem, he really has a lot of nickel, so surely someone with the right kind of nickel could arrange a swap:

>Tsingshan Holding Group, the world’s largest nickel producer, has said that it will be able to tackle a historic short squeeze after gathering sufficient nickel inventory for delivery, and with fresh lifelines from banks.

>The company has swapped its nickel matte for domestic nickel plate, which will let it close its short position against the metal, state media Securities Daily reported on Thursday citing a reply from Tsingshan.

In a very general sense, if you are a giant nickel producer who has sold a bunch of nickel forward and the price of nickel goes up, that is fine and the market should work itself out. But the specifics matter too! If you just skip ahead to pretending the market worked itself out, some of the people who were trading the actual market will have legitimate complaints.

>> No.50257973

>>50256922
Ok anon, interesting posts. What do you think this means for the future of the LME and furthermore commodities such as gold, silver, oil, gas, coal and uranium?

>> No.50258049

did anyone in here subscribe to Andy?

>> No.50258099

>>50257973
Like always, the big markets are regulated for the big players, and China's State is a big enough backer than their boys only get hurt when they allow it.

>> No.50258192

i need a PURE US natural gas play. UNG etf doesn't work because it includes european futures. whats the best pure US natty gas play?

>> No.50258736

>>50253053
i'm just gonna manifest destiny a high rise office tower and live as a drunk king. might occasionally migrate to the colorado river as a weekend getaway. also, theres some gold-bearing quartz in the area

>> No.50259054
File: 71 KB, 720x480, 1657405100894.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

DID I FUCK UP?????

>> No.50259067

>>50253053
unlikely the US will starve, we'll just pay more and probably do more gibs and consume more unyunz bean oil

>>50259054
>tax: 0
fuck you

>> No.50259334

Explosion on oklahoma natural gas plant just now, seems like someone doesnt want the US to sell LNG to europe. Unironically there are some big actors right now attacking each other covertly, cold war 2.0. Anas Alhajji talked a bit about it on macrovoices.

>> No.50259354

>>50259334
Wouldn't be surprised if it's the US that doesn't want the US to sell europe the LNG, but needs a good out.

>> No.50259364

>>50259334
Gonna need a sauce

>> No.50260142

>>50253011
evening all, how are things?
Been out on the creeks for a few days. Things cheering up?
https://www.mining.com/web/giant-congo-cobalt-mine-exports-at-risk-as-investors-feud/

>> No.50261368

some news out of the golden triangle that might be interesting.
https://www.juniorminingnetwork.com/junior-miner-news/press-releases/2210-tsx-venture/got/124464-goliath-drills-98-99-meters-of-mineralization-in-1-5-km-step-out-to-the-west-on-pad-15-golddigger-property-golden-triangle-b-c.html

https://www.juniorminingnetwork.com/junior-miner-news/press-releases/833-tsx-venture/bbb/124387-brixton-metals-drills-64m-of-5-74-g-t-gold-including-28-95m-of-10-36-g-t-gold-at-its-trapper-target-on-its-thorn-project.html

>> No.50261787

>>50259334
The US about to rugpull the world and drop turn the western basin into an open pit oil shale mine.

>> No.50262042
File: 21 KB, 357x357, 1643515130674.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50259334
>Tfw the plants are blowing up not because of any malicious actions, but simply because no one has bothered to maintain them for ages.

I wouldn't even bat an eye if they were blowing up simply because of negligence.
No one has given a shit about nat gas for a long while so they've been doing minimal maintenance and now that they're running them hard, they can't take the stress and go boom.

>> No.50262050

>>50262042
With them functioning at near full capacity, while being poorly maintained and operated by greenies something's bound to blow up soon.

>> No.50262230

>>50258049
Yes.

>> No.50262968

>>50259334
>Anas Alhajji
love this little guy like you wouldn't believe

>> No.50263593

>>50262050
>>50262042
That's okay! The UN is headquartered in the EU, which recently declared nuclear and natural gas as a green energy source. This means that in the case of a catastrophic failure, it's net zero carbon!

>> No.50264227

>>50253053
>US
>starving
>ever

>> No.50264408
File: 745 KB, 3267x1902, ATHOF_2022-07-10_01-48-05.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I will be buying Athabasca when it hits this double support of the trendline and the 200 DMA. I will go ahead and put my buy order in on monday for 1.48 I'll be buying about $17,000 worth of shares and then looking to put $13,000 into crew energy.

I wanted to make money in the interim before I went back in oil by shorting the nasdaq but these markets are too fucking gay. I could have made money the past couple weeks on SQQQ but the NASDICK decided to pump for no god damn reason and against all fundamentals and against all recent market trends. Apparently the fed surprise hiking 75 bps and another 75 bps upcoming is bullish the NASDIC. Fuck me right?

Oil will probably go down even more on the next rate hike but I don't care at that point because it won't be going down much longer and especially coming into winter. We also have earnings coming out in a few weeks and Athabasca's earnings will be throbbing dick.

>> No.50264450

>>50264408
If my buy order is filled @ 1.48 that means i would have made/bought back in 27%. Not bad for a first big time swing trade that nobody saw coming and I caught at pretty much the last minute.

Another interesting note. My birthday is around this time/ maybe a couple of weeks ago, and this exact time last year gold dumped really bad and then proceed to make a big move up after that. I'm wondering if the same thing is happening again this year, It certainly feels like it.

>> No.50264456
File: 716 KB, 3267x1902, July gold dump.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50264450
Its way too much of a coincidence to ignore. I bought 50 oz of gold on my birthday last year because of the dump. In fact, the only other blood bath dump on the chart was around this time last year....

>> No.50264469

>>50264456
Gold will probably go down to about 1708 which would be capitulation and a test against that lower trendline and then move higher as is typical in august (Usually the strongest month for gold I've heard) and as we move closer to a possible fed pivot and rising energy costs in the winter.

AKA it sucks having miners go down but again I don't regret it at all.

>> No.50264484

>>50264408
If that 1.48 point is hit on athabasca that would mark a double bottom from the last low hit about a week ago. That combined with the upcoming support not only being a trendline but the 200 MA as well provides a convincing case for a strong move upwards, but fed fuckery and recession "le demand destruction" fuckery could come into play a little bit. However, I feel there is good enough value here that I don't care about buying in. Athabasca is worth 30$ a share for fucks sake.

>> No.50264510
File: 697 KB, 3267x1902, NDQ_2022-07-10_02-05-41.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm calling bullshit on this NASDAQ pump. It's bullshit and it stinks. It's already overbought and not even embedded and there's another trendline resistance coming up. This is all just this faggot fuck satanic market god awful dogshit fucking with peoples gains, and by "people" i mean logical rational human beings, not pump chasing, technology fag minded, normie product of modern society investors. I would have liked to make money shorting the nasdaq but at this point I see greater gains in oil and have limited capitol.

Basically the way I see it is worst case "dump scenario" on the nasdaq would return 60-80% with SQQQ whereas oil stocks like Athabasca can deliver 15x returns.

Maybe I'll take 5k and fuck with SQQQ I don't know.

>> No.50264530
File: 920 KB, 3267x1902, NDQ_2022-07-10_02-10-59.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50264510
Forgot to add indicators. Yeah this thing reeks of bullshit. Overbought on a converging upper bollinger band and 50 day ma. All moving averages are in textbook bearish configuration, this is literally Jerome Powell trying to pump this faggot market.

>> No.50264551

>>50264530
Worth pointing out that in the nasdaq it is in both a falling wedge and falling channel which indicate a significant upside break in the longer times. I would assume that is when hyperinflation hits the us. Everybody will panic and pour into stocks.

>> No.50264702
File: 229 KB, 555x559, Capture.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone have any thoughts here on Robert Carver and his body of works?

>> No.50266145

>>50264551
Bump for all my hard work not going to waste

>> No.50266246
File: 18 KB, 512x512, hmmm.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50264551
>Everybody will panic and pour into stocks.

>> No.50266414
File: 2.54 MB, 1526x3209, spoof.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

spoofers on trial

https://www.mining.com/web/jpmorgans-big-hitters-of-gold-market-face-trial-over-spoofing/

>> No.50266603

>>50266145
Are you say we're still early and will be delivered to the promised land?

>> No.50266709

>>50266603
We've been early dude. We just didn't understand how early.

>> No.50266745

>>50253053
>protests
>America
Will never happen. Ever. We’re too busy wearing masks, getting boosters, donating to Ukraine, kissing BLM rioters’ feet, and clapping for twerking tranny toddlers. Most people in the US would never even fathom to entertain the thought of questioning the government, even if their kids are starving to death in the streets. There will be no revolts in the US no matter how bad things get.

>> No.50266952

>>50266745
It feels like everyone in the western hemisphere is so complacent, maybe something to do with how low interest rates have been the last 20 years. In sweden there was recently a articel describing how we need to do mass surveillance on farmers and butchers so that the animals are treated right. It is amazing how these green malthusians are voted in again and again, when all they do is limit economic growth and try to increase the population with open border policies.

>> No.50267345

>>50266952
We’re beyond complacent. Most people in the United States would slaughter their own children if CNN and Dr Fauci told them to. Then they would virtue signal on social media about how compliant they are.

>> No.50267357

>>50266745
>>50266952
I was willing to fight for this country until January sixth when I saw faggot fat boomers and weak willed patriots have a weak ass "parade" in the capitol and then trump pussied out and threw them under the bus and then made no fight what so ever.

Fuck these people. I have a network. Ex military. National socialist. White men. We are growing in number and strength. We'll look out for ourselves and let everyone else eat each other.

>> No.50267450

>>50264408
Those idiots will start buying up Duvernay assets again.

>> No.50267608

>>50267345
What I hate is how social media has shown how retarded the average person is. The Dilbert comic writer proposed euthanasia to boys if by age 15 they appear to not conform to society and people were applauding him.

>>50267357
>weak ass "parade" in the capitol
What was the point of this when all those people were right there who have been hurting the population for decades left to continue another day?

>then trump pussied out and threw them under the bus
Made me laugh. Trump was hoping to show he was on the right side of histoy and get off but they are still coming after him regardless. He still has a legion of supporters too, lol.

Besides ATHOF, Trillion and ENCUF, what does your network suggest?

>> No.50268045

>>50267608
Lol that network thing was just a larp. Thanks for laughing. I've been so pissed lately and that was just a vent. . As for stocks I'm on my own, no network.

I like santacruz silver. They just increased their assets to produce six million ounces of silver six months ago from 750,000 ounces and the market hasn't priced that in at all.

Encore energy is the best uranium mining stock in the space. Former energy fuels management Paul gorensen and Bill sheriff. They are the only actively drilling us uranium producer. They will begin delivering on production contracts in Jan 2023 in their Texas assets. They own projects in three states. 130 million pounds measured and indicated. They bought azarga energy. In new Mexico they own 50% of a property that the USGS estimates to hold one billion pounds of uranium. No debt. None of this is priced into the share price.

Ctrm shipping. Increased their fleet massively and earnings multiples from last year. Market hasn't priced any of that in. Go to their website and look at all the ship acquisitions they have done. They do bulk commodity shipping and the contracts are pegged to the price of the underlying commodity. It's a leveraged play on commodities.

UAN a Texas based fertilizer producer that cna use either nat gas or coming coal to produce, one of the only companies able to do so. Destroyed earnings last year, paid a big ass dividend and will likely go much much higher as good shortages come into play next year.

Atlas salt. Go read about it on CEO. CA/Salt. Multi billion dollar salt mine with excellent logistics and resource expanding by the day. Only publicly traded salt company and soon will be giving shareholders 1/3 share of their new spinout company triple point resources.

Blue lagoon. Nuff said. We all know.

Those are the top plays off the top of my head. In the meantime I'm looking for opportunities to short the NASDAQ.

>> No.50268071

>>50267608
Srm is also highly worth looking into. You have to read about it because you won't understand how incredible it is at first glance. Basically they have the first patented and ready to go small modular reactor for mass production. They have contracts with Samsung (don't quote me but it's a major manufacturer) to basically build nuclear reactors inside of factories. There is only 15% of the float available and Biden mentioned this specific company by name during his nuclear energy press conference in which they said they will be giving 4.3 billion to us uranium producers. Company is Nuscale power Corp.

>> No.50268079

>>50268071
SMR sorry. That's the ticker. Company is Nuscale power Corp.

>> No.50268091

>>50267450
Can you explain what happened with duvernay. You've mentioned it multiple times.

>> No.50268602

>>50268045
>>50268071
Santa cruz was already looking into. What about that lion one?

>> No.50268684

it's over

>> No.50268975

thoughts on empress royalty? stocks look kinda cheap, I guess their projects are "risky" as most are not in production yet but I think its really good value atm

>> No.50270353

bump

>> No.50270442

>>50268602
Yeah that's a good one. Bob Moriarty has shilled that one forever and the price is below their last pump with the amazing drill results. I don't know a ton about the project but I bought a small posistion on the dump.

>> No.50270456

>>50268975
The only royalty companies I like are metalla royalty, sanddtorm gold, and Nova royalty (not Nova resources)

>> No.50270687
File: 66 KB, 1280x544, nothingisover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50268684

>> No.50270907

>>50270456
>Nova royalty
did you get shilled by EB Tucker? thats the copper and battery metals royalty right

>> No.50271007

>>50268091
It's crap. Anyone who spends time in there will eventually go insolvent. The supermajors all regret buying the assets there, looking to dump them on some sucker. Athabasca owns a lot of it.

>> No.50271091

>>50270907
Yes and he's part of the reason I own it. He's a good business man those are his companies. One of them is listed on the GDX.

>> No.50271369

>>50271091
i like EB but i havent bought any Metalla or Nova. i might have his gold book laying around here somewhere

>> No.50271668

Great video from Andy talking about how commodities are currently in a bear trap and general equities are in a bull trap.

>> No.50271692

>>50271668
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g6zKDqbH9I0&t=1468s

>> No.50271728
File: 809 KB, 900x1174, biz-cycle.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.50271776

>>50271692

I agree with him, but I also think that we haven't decoupled from the larger markets and we will go down like a rock whenever they do.
Whenever we see the wider markets get fucked, we'll get fucked too at least for some time.
Which is why good part of me feels like the best thing to do in this market would be to just sit in cash until at least early or mid 2023, regardless of whatever upwards movement we might be seeing happen next in the very short term.
The rallies aren't going to hold and we'll fall hard all across the spectrum when they inevitably fail.
I'm thinking of maybe selling at the top of the next rally and waiting for things to collapse properly before I get back in.

>> No.50272186
File: 2.07 MB, 2524x1422, Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 4.08.38 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50271692
i disagree with this slide in the short term. i believe we are heading for lower growth and lower inflation

>> No.50272553

>>50272186
I think higher inflation and lower growth

>> No.50272601

>>50271728
wait wat

>> No.50272691

>>50272553
you think inflation will continue to go even higher than what it is now? it can only go so high before people start rioting

>> No.50272710

>>50267357
>Fuck these people. I have a network. Ex military. National socialist. White men. We are growing in number and strength. We'll look out for ourselves and let everyone else eat each other.
Eactly. I respect all the military members in the past who fought for freedom ect. But if you are a soldier or police and you are enforcing globo homo and tyranny, you are the enemy. I don't care about your family or that you are just doing a job. If you are protecting the local community from gangs and crime I can respect you but if not, you can leave.

>> No.50272839

>>50254520
>just store the uranium in your garage bro

>> No.50272892

>>50272691
Yes. We are at critical supply levels of materials and these are long term trends not due to covid which only exacerbated it.

A couple of months ago we were at 9% below the five year average for oil production. It will take at least two years for oil production to go to meaningful levels and oil companies "wont even be thinking about it" for another two years as testified in congress.

We will have high prices and we will be happy.

There's a reason I'm trying to buy land right now.....

>> No.50272963
File: 172 KB, 969x1132, FBxQA4oWYAALZrz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50272892

>> No.50272980
File: 69 KB, 980x427, FXKr8rcXgAAyhVM.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50272963

>> No.50273039
File: 42 KB, 676x591, FC4Rp1UXEAYFN0i.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50272892