[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 24 KB, 657x525, 1478058167040.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
50132819 No.50132819 [Reply] [Original]

Why did Jews make the process of buying a house so Byzantine? I have no idea where to begin. What bank do I go with? How do I know I'm getting a good deal? Why do I have to find a realtor? Why do I have to pay for an inspector?

>> No.50132910

>>50132819
>the jews
it's called capitalism. when low hanging fruit innovation and progress come to a screeching halt, capital takes the easy route (rent seeking) as you're shekel and dimed to death by parasitic middle man industries that lobby your elected representatives. enjoy your 6% realtor tip and your several thousand dollars in mortgage origination fees, title transfer fees, title insurance fees, processing fees, wire transfer fees, underwriting fees, appraisal fees, inspection fees, etc.

>> No.50133230

>>50132819
I've considered getting my RE license just so when I have to buy or sell a house I can represent myself. Can't be that hard, most of my high school dropout friends became RE agents. I could pass the test after studying for a day.

>> No.50133272

>>50133230
>I've considered getting my RE license just so when I have to buy or sell a house I can represent myself.
You can do so without being a realtor. Just look for houses that are likewise owner-listed. It's probably more valuable to learn about real estate law and title searches.

>> No.50133623

>>50132819
Get a reputable realtor. This goes a long way. Gl anon

>> No.50133898

>realtor
reminder: you can be a real-estate agent without joining the National Association of Realtors(TM)

>> No.50134018

Because the alternative is something similar to Greece where you can buy a house and years later find out the person who sold you didn't even own it in the first place. The bureaucracy is more because of the land you're buying than the building itself.

Having said that, with satellite and GPS technology the government could've easily set up a precise database of mapped land titles and match them to fingerprints / passports / social security etc. They already hoard so much data on everyone anyway. It would considerably reduce the red tape and additional costs associated with the purchase of real estate.

>> No.50134059

>>50132819
>realtor
a realtor's job is to answer all these questions for you and to make sure you get a good deal.

>> No.50134224

>>50134018
>Because the alternative is something similar to Greece where you can buy a house and years later find out the person who sold you didn't even own it in the first place. The bureaucracy is more because of the land you're buying than the building itself.
You will have the house anyways due to squatter's rights if you live there for 20 years.

>> No.50134234

>>50134059
>to answer all these questions for you
>to make sure you get a good deal.
kek. yeah. and the car salesman's job is to do the very same, right?