[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 148 KB, 1200x800, E5D5CC53-F43E-4518-99F0-6594FA5A54D0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
50127085 No.50127085 [Reply] [Original]

What is the next big economic cataclysm a la housing bubble? What is the little piece that brings the whole thing down?

>> No.50127104

>>50127085
debnts

>> No.50127334

>>50127085
World wide fiat hyperinflation when everyone goes to ubi in 10 years
They’re aiming to cause another Great Depression on the 100 year anniversary of the first

>> No.50127375

>>50127085
Probably human capitol in developed countries declining to the point nothing is functional

>> No.50127472

2008 wasn't even about housing. It was about a global dollar shortage in the eurodollar system, in some ways, preempted by a housing bubble. We are still following its shadow and saw a similar event in 2018 and then again, in February-May 2021. The global financial system was set to basically crash around September 2019 and following had stimulus set up to mitigate it and then was mounting to again in March 2020, when 80 countries reached out to the IMF for "support," which, then, Covid gave all the stimulus necessary to prevent/delay it and controll its ultimate unfolding. Really suspect timing. We are looking at a similar event to 2008 but this time China cannot assume the debt. No one can. Basically all asset classes, housing, used cars, general credit markets (this time buy now pay later is the new Ninja loan). You can see the dollar milkshake theory playing out in emerging markets which are themselves already defaulting on their sovereign debt and seeing food riots. Libya, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Iran, etc. We are well past Arab Spring levels. Eurodollar futures curve inverted in the reds last year and has seeped into the whites, 2s and 10s inverted, a dozen major countries tripped 4/5 of the Bank of International Settlements' recession indicators (2 indicates a 50% chance within 2 years), multiple tripped 5. It is a big part of why China did such intensive lockdowns, why the US is blowing up food processing plants, why banks are defaulting and seeing runs in China, why Japan and Germany are paying 50% more for like 5% more volume in goods, etc. It is why we have Russia situation and BRICS bilateral trade agreements easing back from eurodollar standard, etc. It is coordinated globally. The entire economy will crash and the monetary system will be re-established in some way other than the dollar. This was an inevitable state of the eurodollar system, built into it, and this marks the end of it.

>> No.50127509
File: 320 KB, 1400x827, E6C49BB8-208B-426C-A1EF-4648FEEF4E90.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50127472
your pretty good

>> No.50127529
File: 64 KB, 720x617, 3 July.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50127085

>> No.50127602 [DELETED] 

>>50127509
>>50127472
>>50127375
>>50127334
>>50127104
>>50127085
Tired of being broke? Now you have no excuses

https://anarchyrsps.live

>> No.50127629

>>50127602
Jannies we have a gay leftist shitting up our board with a spam link.

>> No.50127648

>>50127472
How do you think it ends up? Can the dollar milkshake, which I’m not entirely sold on, save the dollar as reserve or has BRICS basically said fuck it and taking their 1.8 billion and climbing population to another reserve?

>> No.50127678

>>50127085
you already had the precursor, they removed russia from swift and started confiscating russian civilian assets
the chinks or someone will be developing an alternative right now and all foreign investors will liquidate their western assets which they should already be doing if they're smart because how they treated russia has shown it's unsafe

>> No.50127701

>>50127648
The dollar milkshake is really good for the dollar..until it isn't. It ultimately means bad things for the dollar as well, just after everything else. It really depends. These bilateral trade agreements help unwind a bit but I am looking for a commodity backed move facilitated by blockchain to come in. I personally think this will be XRP and have unironically been waiting for this to happen for years. No more Triffin's paradox, no more lack of transparency between counterparties on ledger, no more unanchored fiat built for inevitable crash. I honestly don't think BRICS are attempting to fight the US dollar in any way the US opposes, I think this is just the next global move and it is being rhetoricized and facilitated in this way. If we don't see this, the dollar milkshake will play out basically indefinitely in my opinion, increasingly as the pain becomes greater globally, with some unwinding via RNB/ruble/etc. along the way.

>> No.50127725

>>50127085
you're asking the wrong place
crypto has destroyed every brain here
or crypto only attracted brainlets in the first place
you're honestly going to get more investing discussing on wallstreetbets

>> No.50127727

>>50127678
The global financial system is foundationally built on dollar denominated debt. Removing Russia from SWIFT was really not much more than a symbolic gesture. They can still use the same payment network, they just can't use SWIFT messaging, which is really not that big of a deal. You can see investor behavior reflecting this when prior to announced regulations, the price of gold was skyrocketing and bitcoin the inverse. After this was announced, the complete opposite happened. We are definitely moving from the dollar as reserved currency but you can't just come in and switch pairs and push one for the other, and China frankly doesn't want the reserve status and couldn't afford the negotiations of it. They flirted with it years ago but decided against pursuing it.

>> No.50127806

>>50127085
China property bubbly collapses wiping out savings of China middle class, CCP collapses

>> No.50127824

>>50127648
Forgot to mention: SWIFT was already planning on migrating its member banks to ISO 20022 November of this year. Fedwire just announced a delay to 2025 with all banking systems participating in the outset being more or less stationed towards resolution by EOY 2025. SWIFT particularly hired Identitii to facilitate the migration which themselves filed a patent to do so in which they name "Ripple" as the bridge. Ripplenet is like 40% more cost efficient using XRP than not and offers the big thing which is on demand liquidity (notably during a global liquidity crisis)-there is 0% chance those opting for Ripple won't (at least inevitably, many probably through necessity) end up using XRP. Ripple owns a controlling stake in the largest remittance provider in Asia (Trianglo), partners with Bank of America, Egypt's central bank, etc. has multiple countries building out their central bank currencies on the XRPL. They have regulatory clarity literally everywhere except for the US which keeps the price deflated. Prior to this, it was passing bitcoin in market dominance. I think this was all planned and that it is the answer to the literally fundamentally inevitable problem at the heart of the monetary system and that it isn't even particularly difficultly hidden. Basically just requires someone to see something incredibly obvious but to be willing to break consensus in a way that seems so large it handicaps your willingness to consider it despite how obvious the particulars are. Either way, we will see a new monetary system, and, awesomely, deglobalisation.

>> No.50127969

>>50127085
Too many houses.

>> No.50128023

>>50127472
>>50127969

What does this mean for someone that is halfway through a mortgage, when the collapse happens? Other than defending the property with guns and nails, what happens there?

>> No.50128051

>>50128023
Fixed rate or variable? If you are talking about real crash, depends on how the debt fallout propagates, whether scooped by private or the state or at all. Could mean you suddenly owning your property through natural right or could mean the state owning your home. Either way, I hope you refinanced a fixed rate when the fed zeroed rates.

>> No.50128078

>>50128023
housing will be bailed out at all costs. either directly or through the banks (again).

>> No.50128125

In 2008 was the culmination of a housing cycle and a bubble of loans collapsing at once, that's why it was unsually bad, I don't know if something as bad will happen. But I think shit's in for a rough awakening, people have investing in garbabe in the latest years so there will be shortages. I don't expect a big recession but multiple ones, easily a lost decade for the indices, lots of good investments and money to be in small caps in the same time frame.

>> No.50128129

>>50127824
>[Identitii] filed a patent to do so in which they name "Ripple" as the bridge.

not true

>> No.50128214

>>50128129
Currently phonefagging so can't dig the patent images myself right now but here is this with a link to the patent.
https://twitter.com/XRP_OWL/status/1166752923914838016/photo/4

>> No.50128262

>>50128129
Decided to dig it up:
https://patents.google.com/patent/US20180247302A1/en?q=(ripple)(settlement)&oq=(ripple)(settlement

See figure 9a, on the right side, above the box marked "SETTLE."

>> No.50128317

>>50128051
Thx anon, not my mortgage, yet.

>> No.50128319
File: 45 KB, 518x258, 1618340036938.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50128129

>> No.50128474
File: 73 KB, 593x593, game over.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50127727
>>50127701
>>50127472
>>50127085
The game is over, as I am fond of saying.
The bankers won. They are in control of the Pikes Peak batholith and the multi-trillion-dollar granite tunnel system—a highly symbolic 40 miles west of Denver, Colorado in the Front Range. But they are in control of much more than the end-time survival apparatus. They control not only the military and government of the United States of America but through the power of major corporations and the corruptibility of businessmen and government officials, fiat currency manipulation by the WiΩards of Fiat Currency at the Federal Reserve System, a small army of propagandists and “hackers” (this is a technically incorrect use of the term) who are fighting to maintain control of the Frankenstein monster they created called the Internet (in a war I fear they are going to lose), and even the Republican form of government they created which inevitably—and I would argue by design—fosters centralized control and assures only a handful of “elected” officials must be compromised to control an entire country, they control the entire Western world.

>> No.50128568

>>50127824
so what to buy?

>> No.50128786

>>50128319
>>50128262
>>50128214
thanks
>The terminology used herein is for the purpose of describing particular embodiments only and is not intended to be limiting of the invention. As used herein, the singular articles “a”, “an” and “the” are intended to include the plural forms as well, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise and thus are used herein to refer to one or to more than one (i.e. to “at least one”) of the grammatical object of the article. By way of example, the phrase “an element” refers to one element or more than one element.

it's pretty explicit about referring to blockchain systems in general and mentions Ripple (it also mentions Stellar but does not elaborate further) as useful to one possible embodiment of the invention, as a non-limiting example. "Preferably the blockchain settlement system employs the Ripple protocol" is not a universal statement, it's nested into a list of terminology pertaining to example embodiments, one of which is the Ripple example

>> No.50128904

>>50127472
>The global financial system was set to basically crash around September 2019
why?

>> No.50129028

>>50128786
You literally just quoted the exact things I sent. Lol How do you think this undermined what I said? They named Ripple specifically in the patent, named it specifically in the schematic, and said the preferred option is through them. What about this is ambiguous, that they got a general patent? Why would they not? I'm not sure you understand patents. BTW I am not of the mind XLM will absolutely not be used also ultimately, just not as the reserve currency undergirding trade/etc.

>> No.50129060

>>50128904
Global dollar shortage, liquidity disappearing, etc. repo fails spiking. Without stimulus, RRP, QE, etc. the would have cracked and we would have been plunged into the deepest global depression in the history of the world.

>> No.50129096

>>50128474
Don't be so sure (of any) of your stated assumptions.

>> No.50129109

>>50129060
Well, nice to know covid had a reason for existing at least. How does GME play into all of this and the thesis that a massive short squeeze is all but inevitable paying out ludicrous sums of money per share? I don't particularly care if people believe in it or not, there's damning evidence that it amongst a hundred other stocks are so upside down via swaps contracts and infinite liquidity providers providing near-infinite levels of liquidity (counterfeiting of shares and positions) that just this alone threatens the entire system as anyone knows it. Curious about your thoughts on loopring as well.

>> No.50129130
File: 369 KB, 799x704, WhiteRecession.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Nothing.
Our entire economy is just a bubble that'll never correct itself within our lifetimes as long as (((they))) keep printing money.
They'll implement The Great Reset or charge us $100 for a Coke or tell us to work 80 hours a week before they allow the bubble to burst.

>> No.50129141

>>50127085
>What is the next big economic cataclysm
This winter, energy crisis in EU. Will have ripples all over the globe

>> No.50129206

>>50127472

Yes, and it was obvious to me in march 2020 just as Russia and Saudi Arabia came out of the opec meeting where they decided to open the taps and collapse the oil market wiping out the heavily in debt US shale oil plays, that the everything bubble burst and COVID was gonna be lie that shifted all the blame for central bankers to print trillions and bail out the system...The reason the government covid policy was so united and so retarded EVEYWHERE is because the USD denominated everything bubble and currency is EVERYWHERE...the COVID lie was useful for government officials in most countries...

>> No.50129242

>>50129206
Lockdowns probably cost more lives than they saved from covid but the whole charade probably saved millions from famine, though there will still be famine. I think the thesis is sound and fully back the play. It just takes time.

>> No.50129277

Meant
>>50129242
as reply to
>>50129109

>> No.50129307

>>50129242
My theory is they used the whole social distancing thing where they had people forming lines at almost every single grocery store in the western world was actually defacto food rationing while we were going threw the worst of it.....there is an element of uncertainty in financial systems and markets, and not even high powered elites at the top know for sure if the currency will collapse when times are most stressed and the money printer is going full speed...

>> No.50129320

>>50129242
Agreed. I will keep holding then, and do my best to find a job in this fucked up market. I've put in more than a hundred applications in the last two weeks and gotten zero callbacks. At this point I think most job opening listings are red herrings, like the inverse of someone on welfare applying for a shitload of jobs to keep their benefits but half or quarter-assing interviews to make sure they stay unemployed. Other than that and some absolutely degenerate crypto plays like Luna I have zero hope for the future, if I didn't have a wife and child depending on me I'd have blown my brains out in sheer despair months ago. I cannot fucking imagine how bad it is in some other countries, it feels like the entire world is fighting for survival right now and ready to drop the pretext of civility and go full savage. Alcohol and sheer spite are the only things keeping me moving forward.

>> No.50129322

>>50129206
If I am interpreting certain aspects of what you are saying correctly then I completely agree. The bank reserves created and directed QE globally has been coordinated and the desperation has basically forced countries to get in line. They are so economically beholden by the situation itself they basically have no choice (and I think the same will be true for XRP ODL usage wrt big banks and financial institutions). Unironically the great reset is being turned on its head to fucking wreck the globalists/neocon/neoliberal Establishment uniparty and it has been transparent from the start and is brilliant.

>> No.50129333
File: 1.18 MB, 2174x1434, Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 2.24.36 AM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50127085
the auto loan debt bomb

>> No.50129389

>>50129320
Be strong and of good will. Things are much better on the other side of this all. Things will be tough and there will be SUBSTANTIAL bleed as the pin is pulled out but it will be a WAY better world and financial system and the major pain will be felt in emerging markets, where as mentioned we are already seeing food riots, sovereign debt collapses, parliament buildings being burned down, etc. The US will probably see scarcity of choice but not real starvation as the supplylines decentralize and shore up more locally. Just get by and don't let it take too much of your mind. Enjoy your family and love them and don't stress and just get through the next few years. And if you haven't already taken it, skip the vaxx and never take it no matter what.

If you are interested, consider some of these. These are the best bets with still huge upside which I am aware of. I only personally own about half of them. I won't say which so you know I'm not just trying to shill you, but personally would recommend getting at least 100 XRP (about $30 worth) to hold and sit on and not even consider for at least 2-3 years. I would wait until it all crashes for real to buy much more than that and if you choose not to look into any of these, disregard this paragraph and just remember the first. Things will get better, it just takes time and process.
XRP
FLR
ALGO
XDC
XLM
IOTA (longterm)
QNT
GRT

>> No.50129418

>>50129307
A LARGE part of it was controlling supply/demand balance, money velocity, etc. amidst all of this. Shanghai lockdowns, stimmy checks, clogged ports/absurd freight price, burned down food processing facilities, trade difficulties in breadbasket, energy prices, etc. It wasn't all macroeconomic but a large significant portion of it was.

>> No.50129454

>>50129320
Also remember things aren't as desperate as they seem, but part of this all is that things seem desperate, and are on the edge of being. There will be some real pain but there is another side and you will reach it.

>> No.50129475

>>50129418
the term supply chain issues was just another word for inflation, it was used because the establishment didnt want to admit that shelves were going empty because of money printing and inflation, empty shelves happened in the 70s too...empty shelves always happen during inflation...

>> No.50129500

>>50129418
and yes, i think the whole stay at home thing and shut down most business was to collapse the demand for oil, to prevent a real inflationary death spiral

>> No.50129517

>>50129389
Fair enough. The vax shit scares me since my wife got it, I worry for her and the kid since I know it's gonna get pushed younger and younger. Will do my best to keep my head up and stay sane and keep moving forward. I've already got a small amount of most of the stuff on that list, need to get a hardware wallet to transfer it out of the exchange I use that thankfully isn't insolvent and (literally knocked on wood) hopefully never will be. Here's hoping shit gets better and as many make it through as possible.

>> No.50129564

>>50129517
Dude use a cold wallet even. Just make sure it is a good one and get off exchange asap. It would be smart to do multiple wallets, even hard wallets. I am sorry to hear your wife took it, just make sure she does not push that shit on your kid now that it is approved for kids. Under no circumstances, above literally anything else this side of earth, make sure your kid does not get it. This should be your hardline.

>> No.50129580

>>50127701
>commodity backed move facilitated by blockchain
:D

what if the gold standard but on blockchain
is this a rerun of the late 19th century
what if we have two different commodity backed blockchains then we could have bimetallism again no way that will fail
you are so smart I will go buy Venezuelan Petro right now

>> No.50129589

>>50129564
Thankfully she saw the light, no boosters, thinks it's stupid since she got the coof anyways and damn near died from it. Wasn't an easy thing for me either. Will do, ordering a hardware wallet immediately and moving everything to it. Real ownership seems to be the only thing that matters anymore.

>> No.50129614

>>50129564
Trezor or Ledger?

>> No.50129633

>>50129589
Unbelievably happy to hear that man (both things but particularly the first). When I know someone is not going to take it I literally feel a physical sensation of euphoria. This shit has been so hard to watch and I have tried to warn as many as possible but some people were just not gonna listen and had their minds determined. I will pray for you and your family. Things will get worse but then they will get better and it will be better off for it to have happened ultimately.

>> No.50129679

>>50129614
I personally have both. Both have security tradeoffs. Trezor is opensource but Ledger has the secure chip which since Intel chips were exposed to be completely ownable on the architecture level, seems important--but then you are also in some sense trusting third party validators on their safety. I would personally just bite the buck and split between the two as a hedge against one turning out to fuck people. I also have a Tangem card for some XRP. No matter what, buy them from the official website, not a resaler or Amazon. Hypothetically Ledger should be fine either way but it isn't worth risking some unknown exploit imo. I personally would ass a password to it too which adds another word to your seed for another layer of security. I would use a complicated word. This is extremely easy to do after watching a tutorial on youtube of how to. For your LRC I would use the Gamestop wallet and your ledger with it. They are probably both safe but it is worth the $100 extra for peace of mind in my opinion and if something happened you would feel terrible whereas if nothing happens and things progress you will barely even think about the fact you spent the $100.

>> No.50129695

>>50129633
Here's hoping she got saline instead when she got it and cleared that shit out. I've heard horror stories of jab related injuries and deaths, glad she wasn't one of them or I'd be completely broken. Thanks for the advice, I've screenshotted it and will throw what I can into those positions even if it isn't much. My entire portfolio in stocks and crypto is as schizo as it gets already, might as well add a few more to the fire. I pray for us all, you as well. May God see us through to the other side as happy and healthy as possible.

>> No.50129710

>>50129695
Amen. You know that he will. It has been nice talking with you, man. See you on the other side.

>> No.50129758

>>50129710
His will be done. You as well. Thank you for the advice, it's been good talking to someone that sees some light in this messed up world.

>> No.50129763

>>50127701
>I personally think this will be XRP
all opinions discarded.