[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 7 KB, 312x150, grtlink.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
50112912 No.50112912 [Reply] [Original]

The two projects have been integrated since 2020.
One is a framework for decentralized oracle networks (DONs)
The other one is an indexing network for dApps frontends (for now).
The indexed data from the subgraphs (APIs) is relayed to smart contracts via Chainlink oracles. The Graph alone cannot pull data from off chain.

But lately there has a belief within the Graph community that The Graph doesn't need Chainlink as it can expand beyond indexing and also work as an oracle. For example, below-linked thread from yesterday, where a stinky linky laughed at the idea of the graph becoming an oracle, but failed to provide why it wouldn't work. At the same time, he seemed to know quite a bit about The Graph, which prompted me not to dismiss his opinion outright.
>>/biz/thread/S50098936

>> No.50112926

>>50112912
With the upcoming™ verifiable queries that are based on zero-knowledge proofs, The Graph will automate certain aspects of the protocol such as arbitration, which still needs a human to look through the disputes and decide if the indexers falsified indexed data. Verifiable queries will also allow The Graph to provide historical data on ethereum (and other chains) since ethereum nodes will no longer be storying all the data (EIP-4444). But this is a relatively small use case, comparable in scope to chainlink's price feeds.

How do verifiable queries compare to DONs? Competition?
On the surface, it seems verifiable queries can only work for data that is already on-chain. Since the Graph cannot directly pull verified data from off-chain, its use cases as an oracle seem to pale in comparison to the plethora of oracle-related use cases the Chainlink will open.

I invite stinky linkies and graphers to discuss the "the graph oracle", since I'm not very knowledgeable about either of the protocols.

>> No.50112964
File: 162 KB, 699x700, mayTheBestManWin.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50112912
But lately there has a belief within the Graph community that The Graph doesn't need Chainlink as it can expand beyond indexing and also work as an oracle.
Ok good luck.

>> No.50113155

Sir, I need you to SHUT THE FUCK UP

>> No.50113180

>>50112912
Faggot ass GRTrannies using LINK to shill their inflated VC shitcoin. Fuck off.

>> No.50113182

>>50112912
Yeah well maybe chainlink will add indexing to its list of services it provides huh, it makes sense really for the enterprise abstraction layer, nice little new usecase... Stay in your lane grt or get btfo bitches

>> No.50113187

>>50112964
>>50113155
Why are the graphers so rude

>> No.50113192
File: 96 KB, 617x499, 1555394929396.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50112912
>GRT vs LINK
>doesn't mention RLC

>> No.50113201

>>50112912
>The Graph doesn't need Chainlink
spoiler: nobody does

>> No.50113203

>>50113180
no shilling, just genuinely interested.. GRT has so far indeed been a VC scam price-wise. But then again, so has LINK.

>> No.50113300

>>50112964
Token not needed, srry sweaty

>> No.50113597

>>50113187
>Why are the graphers so rude
Because I haven't finished accumulating yet, and coping with the scammy price action by entertaining the idea of the graph pivoting into an DON able to replace chainlink is so fucking dumb of an idea I don't even know where to begin, especially because linkies are the only "allies" we have
So please shut the fuck up
Thank you

>> No.50114121

>>50113597
Ikr. I hope this thread stays alive long enough for the retards from the yesterday's grt thread who were hyping the graph as an oracle and mocking stinky linky to read it.
>muh reputation oracle will replace chainlink
Ffs grt some of the grt community can be delusional af

>> No.50114622

>>50113187
See
>>50113182

>> No.50114730

>>50112912
>But lately there has a belief within the Graph community that The Graph doesn't need Chainlink as it can expand beyond indexing and also work as an oracle.
Wrong again.

I’m assuming you’re the same person who said “Graph is not an Oracle” yesterday. Which an anon told you was wrong.

That anon is correct that you were wrong. As Brandon said the graph can be used as a reputation Oracle, a price Oracle, and probably other Oracle use cases.

That is the ******only****** thing that was said or claimed.

So where did you take it? You got pissy, left the thread, had an existential crisis over your “investment” that you pretend to understand, overstated the claim and now it’s: “haha GRTrannies think they’re creating a DON” (or whatever your LINK phrasing is). And now you’re making this thread because you’re still not over it, where you know 500 other anons who are equally as slavishly dedicated to their “””investment””” as you will quickly reference DONs, quadratic staking, pseudo-offline code, and whatever else to assure you you don’t need to do any more market research to “make it.”

The truth is neither LINK or GRT cultists have any idea how the infrastructure layer of blockchain will even play out, and repeating propaganda by the respective teams will not lead you to any new understandings.

So in conclusion, “DON” was never claimed. You’re overreacting. Stop being a faggot.

>> No.50115134

>>50113203
link wasn't really bought by vcs actually

>> No.50115270

>>50114730
>That anon is correct that you were wrong. As Brandon said the graph can be used as a reputation Oracle, a price Oracle, and probably other Oracle use cases.
I'm a brainlet, what does this mean in layman terms? I suppose it still refers to on chain data? I fail to understand how the graph could be used as an oracle for off chain data...

>> No.50115424

>>50114730
anon, i'm not him. i was actually defending the graph. But I'd like to get more info from linkies and graphers.

>> No.50115450

>>50114730
DON is effectively an oracle though.
Chainlink is a framework for oracles.

>> No.50115472

>>50112912
Nope, the Graph is a pile of shit.

Trueblocks does what the Graph does for FREE, and it does it faster, privately, locally, and is more comprehensive.

You want the best feature? THERE IS NO RENT SEEKING PIECE OF SHIT VC SCAM TOKEN. THERE IS NO TOKEN AT ALL.

The Grapher's are GONNA LOSE ALL THEIR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

>> No.50116603

>>50115270
Yes of course it refers to on-chain data. The problem is that the term oracle is being used too liberally. Anyone can write a smart contract that check for users with commendable/condemnable on-chain actions and then rank users according to it and call it an oracle kek. (with certain time limited "innovations" - - e.g. You can lose reputation if you stop doing something or if you undo the actions) It's the graph's side project, soulbound labs.

>> No.50117010

Actual programmer here with two years experience in Visual Basic

GRT brings nothing new to the table. I hear the comparisons to LINK and laugh my ass off. It's basically a more advanced backend indexer for ETH, sort of like an Etherscan for nerds looking to derive more accessible data to build DeFi apps. It's nothing like LINK, which is an equally useless first-party Oracle that centralizes transaction data and can't be verified because it comes from them. Link is basically an ETH token without it's own blockchain and a meme that went too far.

What does this mean? Nothing, you're seeing an artificial vaporwave pump. Both GRT and LINK are useless to the developer community because they're decentralized and rely on the Etherium blockchain network, which in itself is a piece of spaghetti code written by a zoomer Russian programmer. No major trillion-dollar company is ever going to use blockchain data to store data, ditching their safe and centralized data servers for easily hackable decentralized ETH-backed clognests.

The GRT token itself is not related to the GRT service used by Uniswap and other DeFi token exchanges. It's just used to make the devs rich and you're pumping their bags on a worthless token. PRQ is more advanced than the Graph and will index all blockchains at once while GRT is limited to ETH.

You're buying vaporwave, don't be idealistic about any of these tokens and enjoy the free money. Get out at the top and never become a bagholder.

>> No.50117029

Actual programmer here with three weeks of experience in HTML

GRT brings nothing new to the table. I hear the comparisons to LINK and laugh my ass off. It's basically a more advanced backend indexer for ETH, sort of like an Etherscan for nerds looking to derive more accessible data to build DeFi apps. It's nothing like LINK, which is an equally useless first-party Oracle that centralizes transaction data and can't be verified because it comes from them. Link is basically an ETH token without it's own blockchain and a meme that went too far.

What does this mean? Nothing, you're seeing an artificial vaporwave pump. Both GRT and LINK are useless to the developer community because they're decentralized and rely on the Etherium blockchain network, which in itself is a piece of spaghetti code written by a zoomer Russian programmer. No major trillion-dollar company is ever going to use blockchain data to store data, ditching their safe and centralized data servers for easily hackable decentralized ETH-backed clognests.

The GRT token itself is not related to the GRT service used by Uniswap and other DeFi token exchanges. It's just used to make the devs rich and you're pumping their bags on a worthless token. PRQ is more advanced than the Graph and will index all blockchains at once while GRT is limited to ETH.

You're buying vaporwave, don't be idealistic about any of these tokens and enjoy the free money. Get out at the top and never become a bagholder.

>> No.50117189

There's a much higher probability that someone will use Chainlink to do Verifiable Off-chain Indexing and eat The Graph's lunch. I haven't followed the project recently but in the 2018 whitepaper they put all kinds of shit on-chain that doesn't need to be on-chain. Is it still that way today?

>> No.50117205

>>50112912
Does GRT have a problem with a fat fuck with an HR roastie hamplanet fetish who dumps 1 million tokens every week?

I just bought $10k of GRT because it's down 96.7% from the ATH and I think crypto has bottomed and GRT can easily double from here. I've done no research and know almost nothing about GRT but I have a good feeling about it.

>> No.50117730

>>50117205
No, but it does have a problem with the woke leadership
>Yaniv, Eva, Brandon, Zach at the very least
who in turn hire woke people
>ex-devrel Nader, current devrel @camiinthisthang
who then spend 90% of the time promoting trans and women in web3. Chainlink is lucky to have Patrick Collins

>> No.50117782

>>50117730
That's unfortunate, but it's hard to find a good technology project that isn't infested with woke shit. I'll just hold then.

>> No.50118144
File: 70 KB, 452x452, 24018960.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50115472
>just run your own indexer bro

>> No.50118573

>>50118144
Hey dipshit, why wouldn't a developer run their own node? You must not know that many developers because they would rather eat a piece of shit than pay for some centralized shit service with some VC token.

It's over for you. Trueblocks is both BETTER AND FREE.

You're FUCKED.

>> No.50118827

>>50118573
>Hey dipshit, why wouldn't a developer run their own node?
Because it's expensive and a pain in the ass.

>> No.50118905

This coin doesn't do anything unique nor solve and unsolved problem within the crypto development space. There are plenty of other APIs that do what The Graph does, and none of those need a coin. The Graph purposefully marketed itself with the most cringe buzzword meme of "google of blockchain." That meme comes from coinbase I think, who mentioned "it indexes, like google does" in their shill slideshows. You don't fucking need The Graph for that. You CAN use The Graph...if you want...but you can also use Lunacrush for fucking free. Imagine if Google charged you for every search, but Bing was still free. Think people would still use Google? That's why GRT is a fucking scam. Not because it doesn't work, but because it sold you a half truth and while it does work, there are better alternatives anyway, like TrueBlocks.

>> No.50119277

Hey what's up Sirs Chain Link is a garbege token

>> No.50119295

>>50112912
ICP absolutely destroys both of these coins.

>> No.50119505

>>50119295
I'm not deeply knowledgeable on Chainlink, but ICP has a long way to go before it can even begin thinking about eating The Graph. It doesn't even offer developers the kind of cloud infrastructure necessary to run a graph node, and it doesn't seem cost effective for such an operation.

>> No.50120655

>>50113192
pls buy iexec rlc sirs. it good coin sirs

>> No.50120841
File: 205 KB, 1068x815, lol.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

PRQeers on suicide watch, GRT cant go under 10 cents, Israel wont allow it

>> No.50121048

>>50112912
>Data is exists in the blockchain in an unorganized fashion
>Dapp developers want to access this data
>Pre GRT they had to download the entire blockchain and then perform a linear search
>This problem becomes exponentially more complex if you want to join data.
>Say the difference between finding all men, all people age 40, or all people named John. Versus finding all people named John that are 40. The first example is hard enough, the latter would take ages
>GRT indexes the entire blockchain using what are called indexers (people with servers resources)
>They create queryable API that allow dapp developers to just focus on their dapp instead of creating a database
>Running servers isn't free
>Indexers get rewarded with GRT for hosting their servers as well as for processing queries
>Delegators signal to the network that an indexer can be trusted by staking GRT to that indexer
>Delegators get a share of that reward
>GRT is needed as a currency to incentivized running indexing servers that process queries for dapps.

>> No.50121134

>>50120841
Daily reminder: that quote came from a Parsiq article and was fed to Omega by a troll.

>> No.50121427
File: 255 KB, 300x243, 1656337585537.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>50117029
>Actual programmer
>3 weeks of experience
>of HTML
>Programmer

I pray that you are baiting for the lulz... if not then I feel truly sorry for your Mother

>> No.50121504

>>50121048
Again, it's over for you. Your shit coin is a VC scam.

Trueblocks does everything the Graph can do, but better and for FREE.

NO SHIT COIN NECESSARY.

>> No.50122737

>>50116603
I think I understand.
It could work as an oracle for non mission critical data and can do without chainlink's security. One could write off chain data on chain, create a subgraph for it, and curators can signal that subgraph if the data is accurate. If data starts to be tampered with, people will unsignal.
Really interesting take... Although probably limited in usefulness for now. But I have a couple ideas that could make use of it...

>> No.50122983
File: 30 KB, 500x302, a9f0ffd353c5458c09d5b092b4dfc1c2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Summoning...
$20 GRT

SO MOTE IT BE