[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 106 KB, 1916x1040, 1629884797394.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
49812207 No.49812207 [Reply] [Original]

You guys don't understand it. This is not just a fucking bear market that lasts 3-4 years and then recovers.

This is the end of crypto in general. The entire crypto market has been pushed up by Quantitative Easing (QE) since 2009.

When did Bitcoin go live? 2009. When did the first QE start by the federal reserves? 2009.

The world has been in a bull market since 2009, this is all that crypto ever experienced. Money that was printed went into crypto.

That is changing starting today, interest rates are going up, QE is not only done but actually reversing, we are having Quantitative Tightening right now.

Crypto NEVER experienced this situation before and Bitcoin crashed below the previous peak which invalidated its "store of value" investment thesis.

Crypto is going to die, and it might be permanently dead this time.

The entire market, including Reddit believing this is just another 3-4 year bear market unlike 2017 where people thought it was permanently dead signifies to me that this is actually the time Crypto is going to permanently die.

Unique macroeconomics crypto never encountered before, investment thesis invalidated for the first time, investors fooled into thinking it's a short-term bear market.

This is it, this is the end.

>> No.49812225
File: 71 KB, 1000x563, d567bac7-e7f9-4a67-8459-521ca5ea7d19.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49812207
It's over

>> No.49812236

>>49812207
This, except actually unironically. Bitcoin will go up from here one day but the previous all time high value is never coming back.

>> No.49812242
File: 35 KB, 640x405, 1641377274298.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49812207
OMG THIS TIME IT'S REALLY DONE FOR GOOD I SWEAR
you fucking children should stick to bonds if you can't handle market volatility. Zoom out on the BTC chart and rethink your stupid hypothesis.

>> No.49812276

>>49812207
Chill anon. 2017 had everyone - before normal fags knew crypto - that already had skin in the game knowing the risks and the volatility and some even pulled out only to lose big time. It's fine. Compare this to $AMZN after the 2000 crash - dumb fucks sold their stock and then got seller's remorse later

>> No.49812280

>>49812242
I've been in crypto since 2010, this is the first time i think it's actually done for. Especially since I see the dumbest motherfuckers from reddit the "worst case scenario" is that it's another 3 year bear market like 2017-2020.

Back in 2018 everyone and their mother thought it was permanently over, almost no one outside of crypto niches thought it was just a temporary bear market that would eventually recover.

>> No.49812311

>>49812276
I actually participated in the dotcom bubble as well (I'm 41). Out of the hundreds of dotcom stocks only ONE went beyond its ATH after the bubble popped, Amazon and even then it took 16 years for Amazon to go beyond its dotcom ATH.

Despite what Gen Z seems to suggest on /biz/ Google was not a dotcom stock and only started publicly trading long after the bubble popped.

>> No.49812314

>>49812280
I just hope for your own sake you won't feel like a retard when it pumps back up.
I don't have much to lose if crypto goes to zero. But for you it's worse- you'll look like clown if you ever look in the mirror again.

>> No.49812316

It's over for shit coins that were made for profit.

btc can drop 95% and still be worth 10x everything else.

>> No.49812336

>>49812311
Right behind you almost (36), Yeah I know when I'm talking to kids or contemporaries that misremembered due to all that pot. To me if the recovery takes that long then I'm cool with it. I'm not looking for miracles here.

>> No.49812373

>>49812236
>This, except actually unironically.
Omg, like, totally what he said but actually serious. Like you don't even understand how literally serious actually

>> No.49812379

>>49812311
>>49812336
do you have a bag of S&P 500 etf or are you still gambling?

>> No.49812394

Until the controlled supply narrative is on blast again.

>> No.49812401

>>49812379
yeah more or less. Helps to have a foundation of dividend yields funding experiments and whatnot aside of whatever I'm doing for primary income. It took a lot of years anon. investing is a long game.

>> No.49812449

>>49812379
Vanguard ETFs, bonds, PMs, crypto and fiat savings.

I'm leaving crypto forever though. At least so long that the general public believes this is just another 3-4 year long bear market. Only if everyone thinks crypto is permanently dead would I re-enter.

But crypto might also be legitimately permanently dead. It only existed in a QE+lower interest rates environment. Now that that is reversing it might legitimately kill crypto. Remember that despite it existing for 13 years crypto has no real world utility outside of speculation.

Even "supposed" usage like smart contracts, Dapps, DeFi and Currency to buy drugs still depend on there being exit liquidity or speculation somewhere in the chain.

That can dry up in an envrionment of Quantitative Tightening and rising interest rates which would make those usecases evaporate.

>> No.49812451

>>49812280
>Back in 2018 everyone and their mother thought it was permanently over
Nobody fucking thought this lmao

>> No.49812473

>>49812207
My only friend, the end

>> No.49812480

>>49812451
r/cryptocurrency absolutely did. /biz/ posters in December 2017-Februari 2018 absolutely did. Only when those were gone were the niche on /biz/ thinking it will recover. Reddit just straight up thought it was dead.

Now however? Everyone, even the newfag that bought at the $68,000 peak is thinking it's a temporary bear market.

>> No.49812528

>>49812449
BTC was something I was willing to experiment funds on because the premise was novel and still has value in spite of the flaws addressed in Monero because to say that utility was merely as a speculative tool is to say that BTC was something akin to a derivative means that BTC was a scheme. I could say Ethereum would be a speculative tool and any blockchain related thing like smart contracts are also derivative tools of speculation. So if you're going to "leave crypto" leave everything else but keep BTC.

>> No.49812573

>>49812480
Dec to feb 2018 was still bullish sentiment lmao. Exactly like the last few months.
Wtf are you talking about, you think people knew the top was the top except experienced people? It was the first wave of semi normies and normies

>> No.49812622

>>49812480
youre ignoring the fact twitter and almost all of reddit outside of /r/cc are anti crypto at the moment. /r/buttcoin is absolutely euphoric right now
in the grand scheme of things /r/cc is a fringe community, let alone fucking /biz/

>> No.49812650

>>49812622
/r/cc has millions of subscribers and existed during 2017, you can go back and see precisely how the threads in 2018 looked. EVERYONE thought it was the end of crypto permanently.

Go to /r/cryptocurrency right now and what you see is people being mad they have to wait another 3-4 years as the absolute worst case scenario.

It's not going to recover. crypto might be permanently dead this time.

>> No.49812651

Yield curve inverted .
Qe is inevitable.
Inflation will peak (has leveled)

It's a time to buy.

>> No.49812657

>>49812207
I've been in crypto since 2013 and some nigger has said this every single cycle. Have sex my dude

>> No.49812683

>>49812207
lol look at that nigger, this is how youre going to feel in two weeks

>> No.49812699

>>49812657
If you actually bothered to read the thread you'd know I have been in the market since 2010.

>> No.49812716

>>49812650
Except it really fucking isnt the sentiment on there right now
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/vfff1c/nobody_who_has_held_bitcoin_for_4_years_has_ever/
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/vfl7cr/why_is_the_overwhelming_crypto_sentiment_on/

>> No.49812756

>implying the fed is going to stop QE for more than a few months

america and especially the democrats don't have what it takes to do austerity. too many niggers will start rioting if their welfare payments are cut

>> No.49812768

>>49812716
Counter example:
https://old.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/vfp12k/btc_is_still_up_600_from_march_2020_i_dunno_why/
https://old.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/vfbj5e/something_smells_different_about_this_crash/

>> No.49812769

>>49812699
then you should know literally nothing ever happens.

>> No.49812778

FED will go back to QE in low rates in no time. If your thesis is that QE is good for BTC then you should buy.

>> No.49812820

The basis of OP is understandable and I agree that QE is largely responsible for being the macroeconomic environmental petri dish for the success initially of the cryptocurrency markets as a whole. This is all reasonable to go by but at this point, in that time, there's an idea in believing in the concept of private currency and building eco-systems that are based on tokenization (which I largely disagree with but that's beside the point). If you have already a market that is willing to do business and willing to hold on to assets in spite of potential hampers due to QT, then in the long run it'll prove its worth and become a mainstay. Unless of course market interest rate inflation is the way to go and so cryptocurrencies were, in fact, based on the overlook on the powerful influence that QE has even on things that initially try to position themselves as above the fray that would be affecting fiat currency based economics. Which makes sense given that 2020 and 2021 were years of institutional co-option of BTC (as an example).

>> No.49812825

>>49812769
The entire crypto market has been propped up by QEs since its entire inception. Those QEs are now gone for the first time in its existence + FED announced QTs + "Store of value thesis" has been broken for the first time since we invented that usecase in late 2014/early 2015 before the giant rallies.

This is going to be a harsh ride down, one crypto might never recover from.

>>49812778
QT has been declared and will slowly increase and decrease in shock every month until the situation changes. QE was in place for 13 years when declared. QT might last a similar amount of time. Federal reserves already showed they are determined to keep QT in place as long as needed no matter what it does to stock markets. to keep inflation in check.

>> No.49812885

>>49812207
Midwit. It's not just store of value. It's literally money 2.0. more effective form of currency. It's never going away. If it does now it'll be reinvented because of how important it is

>> No.49812896

>>49812825
Basic bitch takes. Normies are dumb as fuck and forget shit as soon as it falls off the 2 week event horizon- hence why the niggercattle just memory holed being coerced into injecting themselves with random filth for 2 years. Same principles apply to markets and hence why they operate in cycles.

Store of value doesnt matter, gambling and fomo will always return. Its a liquid as fuck market with 150 billion dollars of stables sitting on the sidelines waiting for a Fed kike to say one word and it will flow back in. We had Mt.Gox back in the day which was an existential threat to the whole system, then we had the 2018 post ico scam bobo where there was no real use, then the covid scam crash that was a genuine black swan. Now we have so much VC capital deployed into projects, actual use and bobo stable niggers on the sidelines waiting to FOMO. Its nowhere near over and if you think it is just click 'x' on top right and never come back lmao

>> No.49812925

>>49812280
Some of you bears seem to be failing to understand that more people are on board with crypto than in 2018. There are going to be a larger number of believers than your crypto niches.

It's still a tiny % of the population. All of Reddit hates crypto, most normies dont understand it and arent interested. The only time I have heard crypto mentioned recently is someone talking about Bitcoin crashing.

Yes, within the cryptosphere, there ARE more people than in 2018, but in 2018 there were more than in 2015 too. This is normal.

We will see the same in the following cycle too.

If you really believe crypto is dead then you never understood it to begin with anyway.

>> No.49812936

We are going past using money as a species, COVID showed you that.

>> No.49812945

>>49812885
>More effective form of currency
If it truly was then it'd slowly push out other types of exchanges over the internet in the 13 years of its inception. But that isn't happening at all. No one, not even the hardcore /biz/ user or /g/ is transacting using cryptocurrencies. You use another service and pay in your regular currency except when buying something illegal when you use Monero instead because you can't use a regular currency.

The point is that cryptocurrencies have been proven over its 13 year lifetime to be an inferior form of currency which is why it hasn't displaced actual currencies, even on the internet. Let alone IRL. The real usecase was store of value, which has been invalidated right now due to crashing below the previous bullrun peak.

QE falling away + investment thesis collapsing means crypto is probably permanently dead.

>> No.49812960

>>49812451
I did and was in crypto since 2013

>> No.49812962

>>49812207
no, the ponzi scheme will begin all over again when the market recovers and incels, dweebs and zoomers have more free liquid cash to pump into it to get rich quick

>> No.49812994

>>49812820
>Concept of private currency
Even the most hardcore cryptocurrency proponent computer nerds that use Linux use regular fiat for most of their transactions because it's just easier to use and a better currency. Even things like Monero which has the widest adoption as an actual currency is so extremely niche as to not even be worthy of discussion.

>eco-systems that are based on tokenization
All these eco-systems are still built upon the idea of speculation at the backend. Dapps, DeFi, Smartcontracts are all at the end of the day merely facilitating speculation. If that speculation dries up these usecases dry up as well

>> No.49813011

The main irony of this whole post is you saying that no one believes it's over therefore it will die, yet you yourself are leaving because you believe it's over.

>> No.49813026

>>49812994
Totally understandable position. I guess at this point, it's a matter of seeing where in the next few quarters this all goes. Whether faith trumps monetary policy or vice versa.
>Even things like Monero which has the widest adoption as an actual currency is so extremely niche as to not even be worthy of discussion.
I don't disagree in spite my support.
>All these eco-systems are still built upon the idea of speculation at the backend
It's why I don't like them. They're terrible business models.

>> No.49813086

>>49813011
It is ironic, I agree but it's the truth. If the sentiment was that it was all over by the mainstream Reddit user then I would have stayed in the market.

Instead everyone here and on reddit think the worst case scenario is that it'll be a 3-4 year bear market. That in and of itself means it's dead for good.

>> No.49813150

>>49812242
>>>49812207 (OP)
> Zoom out on the BTC chart and rethink your stupid hypothesis.
I don't buy the zoom out excuse. Past performance doesn't doesn't guarantee future results.
Also it literally started trading at 1 cent with barely any investors. Of course it going to explode in price due to its nature.
But over the last couple of years the gains have been nothing special now that the market is mature and saturated.

>> No.49813161

>>49812280
Yes now everyone knows to buy in low because in 2 years it’s going back to ATH. People I know that hate crypto are waiting to get in this time. They’re waiting for under 10k so we either bottom right now or it’s unironically over if we hit 4 digits. If we do get another bull run it will happen in 5+ years when every normie and DCA’er thinks it’s over and are out

>> No.49813230

>>49812207
(You) are the biggest loser I've encountered today

>> No.49813245

So many tells in this thread that OP is a shitty larper. He has definitely not been in crypto since 2010 and he clearly doesn't know crypto history or has a really retarded interpretations of peoples outlooks at various periods in time.

>> No.49813274

>>49813086
Last reply to you from me on this thread. But if what you're saying is true. Not only is once again monetary policy in the fed is going to cause a wipe out or a market destruction but the end of an entire class asset. And if that's the case, well, it was a fun ride while it lasted. Cheers and best of luck friend.

>> No.49813279

>>49813245
I was so early in crypto that I still remember when BTC had an exploit that led to 100 billion BTC being mined which had to be updated away. Go look it up because I'm sure you never heard of that one before.

>> No.49813310

>>49813086
I get your point but you are basically using sentiment as your only indicator.

What about all the realised losses we have seen in the last few week? If there were so many true reddit style believers they would all just continue holding.

As I said >>49812925 here. You can't expect every single person to give up on crypto just because of a crash.

>> No.49813409

>>49812207
>newfags flood into biz
>op says its over
>exact same bottom signal on reddit
>time to buy

>> No.49813441

>>49813310
>I get your point but you are basically using sentiment as your only indicator.
My entire point in the OP is that QE propped up crypto as an investment asset and that QEs being ended while QT starting is removing the entire foundation that crypto is standing on top on. That in combination with the "store of value" investment thesis being disproven by BTC crashing below the previous cycle's ATH and every normalfag thinking it's just another 3-4 year bear market in the worst case scenario is making me think crypto is permanently over.

That's not one datapoint or one indicator. That's looking at the fundamentals and realizing it just collapsed.

>What about all the realised losses we have seen in the last few week?
Liquidations and institutional money leaving the market
>If there were so many true reddit style believers they would all just continue holding.
Most do, go read their posts on /r/cryptocurrency to see that everyone is either selling "and buying back 3 years from now" or holding for the next 3-4 years for the next cycle. No one is selling thinking crypto is over as an asset altogether. They all think it's here to stay.

>> No.49813467

>>49813409
I'm the contrarian though. How many people have you seen claiming crypto is permanently over now? I bet you I'm the first one. All the normalfags think it's just a "regular bearmarket" that is going to last a couple of years as the worst case scenario.

>> No.49813471

>>49813086
>If the sentiment was that it was all over by the mainstream Reddit user
I mean, I get your point but you're looking at subreddits literally dedicated to discussing cryptocurrency making posts to uplift people who lost a load of money, and even there you have some doomerposting. This is not your "mainstream Reddit user".

Have a look at the average /r/technology thread on crypto for a change.

>> No.49813482

>>49813279
Every cycle it's the last one
Stay poor

>> No.49813516

>>49813310
>You can't expect every single person to give up on crypto just because of a crash.

not every single person, but if things get apocalyptically bad with bitcoin you could damage its reputation enough in the public eye that most people will never be willing to touch it again

>> No.49813567

>>49813482
The difference is that the market sentiment actually thought that back then. If I would post this thread during any of the previous crashes everyone would agree with me.

Instead nobody is agreeing with me right now and thinks it's just another 3-4 year bear market. That is affirming my point.

This is the first time where the general market sentiment is that it's "just another cycle that will eventually recover".

I've been here since 2010 and have experienced every previous cycle. This has never happened before. I personally always believed in crypto after every crash. This time due to QE falling away and the "store of value" investment thesis being disproven I genuinely believe this is the end.

Was a nice 12 years for me but this is the end of the line where I have to check out. For the first time in crypto history this is the time where there are legitimate doubts about the investment class having any value at all and a right to exist.

>> No.49813601
File: 73 KB, 593x593, game over.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49812207
>>49812280
>>49812311
>>49812449
>>49812820
>>49812896
>>49813441
>>49813567
The game is over, as I am fond of saying. The bankers won. They are in control of the Pikes Peak batholith and the multi-trillion-dollar granite tunnel system—a highly symbolic 40 miles west of Denver, Colorado in the Front Range. But they are in control of much more than the end-time survival apparatus. They control not only the military and government of the United States of America but through the power of major corporations and the corruptibility of businessmen and government officials, fiat currency manipulation by the WiΩards of Fiat Currency at the Federal Reserve System, a small army of propagandists and “hackers” (this is a technically incorrect use of the term) who are fighting to maintain control of the Frankenstein monster they created called the Internet (in a war I fear they are going to lose), and even the Republican form of government they created which inevitably—and I would argue by design—fosters centralized control and assures only a handful of “elected” officials must be compromised to control an entire country, they control the entire Western world.

>> No.49813630

>>49812207
>spacing
>walltext
tl;dr stupid nigger, lurk moar

>> No.49813638

>>49813567
They’re all gonna accumulate for years for the bull run that is never gonna come. EVERYONE ISNT ALLOWED TO WIN

>> No.49813708

>>49813630
I'm actually surprised it took this long for someone to claim "Reddit Spacing". That's how us oldfags have always typed, faggot.

>>49813638
That is precisely what I believe is going to happen. It'll be a slow bleed to death, people are going to accumulate for 3-4 years, the most hardcore even for 5-8 years before finally realizing it's never going to come back and crypto will be cosigned to history as the longest lasting asset bubble (outside of Chinese real estate).

>> No.49813715

>>49812207
Crypto isn't dead. But the hype phase is. Getting rich off crypto is dead.

>> No.49813743

>>49813601
Lmao framing this as a problem caused by Republicans.

The Democrats are the wokest anf most corrupt party in the pocket of the elite of them all. Republicans are bad too - Trump was a renegade though.

The Republican Party was right-wing and against globalism, big state, high taxes, inflation, etc, before it got infiltrated, just like the Democrats did. There is no salvation now.

>> No.49813788

Disagree

1. People will always seek fast money. Crypto can look deader than dead but once a whale or two start pushing it up people always jump back in

2. Zoomers seem to like it and younger and younger generations are more attracted to it. Meanwhile the disinterested older gens will die off.

>> No.49813829

>>49812236
Depends on how bad hyperinflation gets. If a loaf of bread ends up going to 100k (like in other hyperinflation scenarios) then BTC could numerically hit ATH again

>> No.49813850

>>49813829
if a loaf of bread hits 100k btc will drop to zero because literally everyone will pull their money out just to survive

>> No.49813991

>>49812242
I zoomed out. It's forming a bow that ends up going downwards

>> No.49814026

>>49812207
>Crypto NEVER experienced this situation before

Ok, then why do you open your mouth faggot?

>> No.49814090

>>49814026
Because the only rational conclusion is that it's going to go down and most likely permanently this time as the entire foundational reason for why cryptocurrencies became big in the first way are now going away.

>> No.49814139

>>49812276
This but CumRocket is the $AMZN of crypto and most crypto hodlers are missing out

>> No.49814177

>>49812449
Crypto is global, america shit the bed this devade is already a lost one. China, SEA, and India are going to have a great time buying cheap russian oil.

>> No.49814198

>>49813850
No because there would be a shit ton of currency units and there will always be some people trying to invest. Either that or everyone dies.

>> No.49814224

>>49812207
It's over

>> No.49814232

>>49812207
Just... Iran, Venezuela and Russia allow trading their resources to foreign countries in Bitcoin.
So now it has a value behind.

>> No.49814254

>>49814090
so sell and fuck off then what do you want from us faggot. go use your superior analytical powers elsewhere for more gains.

>> No.49814330

>>49814232
They don't value their sales in Bitcoin though they value it in USD converted to Bitcoin. This means it's just a USD denominated sale over the Bitcoin network. That's not real value.

>>49814254
>You can't have /biz/ related posts on /biz/ that goes against my personal investment thesis, instead you should leave the board if you do
You're a fucking cultist man.

>> No.49814345

>>49814330
you put a lot of words in my mouth there I should put some cock in yours

>> No.49814347

New fag detected
grow hair on your balls before you dare to publicly express yourself

>> No.49814399

>>49814347
>>49813279

>> No.49814456

>>49812449
Bold of you to assume they won't shift the narrative and resume money printing in a year.

>> No.49814480

>>>/r/eddit
and take the retards that bump your sad larp thread with you

>> No.49814510

>>49812207
This is a good thing if true because now crypto can find it's actual utility as an alternative to the fiat standard. This is a good thing. All the moon boys will vacate and with time, Bitcoin will find it's true purpose.

>> No.49814528

>>49812207
Go back

>> No.49814539

>>49812207
>what is yield curve control

lmfao btc 500k before 2025 screencap this.

>> No.49814561

>>49814456
I doubt they'll change gears that fast, firstly it took 13 years for QE to be broken and now reversed into QT. I think a similar amount of momentum is going to be maintained in QT and last a similar amount of time. It's very hard to break QE because it results in assets crashing and burning which tends to make people mad even though it needed to be done at some point. Now that that switch is made I doubt they'll go back into it not even if a massive "great recession" hits.

That said QE ending isn't the only reason why I think crypto is done for. It's the combination of BTC now being proven to not be an actual store of value due to crashing below previous bull top, Redditors believing this is just a temporary 3-4 year long bear market etc that makes me think this is truly the end for the entire cryptocurrency market as an investment class.

>> No.49814591

>But this time its different!
This is how we know we are approaching the bottom, thanks for the indicator

>> No.49814611

>>49814510
Do you really believe that cryptocurrencies can have a real world utility as currencies even when it has already been 13 years now with no signs of actual adoption and usage as a currency even though there have been literal trillions of USD and tens of thousands of developers pouring into the industry?

I don't see the market actually having any utility at all, otherwise it'd already have succeeded by now.

>> No.49814677

>>49813467
>No i'm the contrarian!!!

>> No.49814679

>>49814611
btc is the defacto wire system of the planet outside of swift / sepa areas.

Swift transfers in third world countries or developing countries can have insane fees like 20% due to unfair currency conversions

There is a reason why the average btc transfer is worth 980k usd.

>> No.49814725
File: 293 KB, 601x653, 1655489919636.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Stocks are digital shit coins just like crypto, they don't have inherent value other than some faggot wanting to buy your bags when line go green. Fiat, like crypto, is also completely fucked and everyday we march closer to a CBDC nightmare. Once traditional fiat ceases to be legal tender a decentralised p2p digital currency will inevitably rise to the occasion to operate outside of the system. I'm thinking btc & xmr

>> No.49814741

>>49814725
>Stocks are digital shit coins just like crypto

why do you delusional retards say this?

>> No.49814756 [DELETED] 
File: 66 KB, 610x851, Capture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49812242
>"I never died before! - every time I did high-risk stuff before people said I might die but I never did I always came back, morons they were wrong every single time it has never happened".

>> No.49814776

>>49814561
>Redditors believing this is just a temporary 3-4 year long bear market etc that makes me think this is truly the end for the entire cryptocurrency market as an investment class.
what a fucking retard.
>people continuing to hold and invest in an asset class means it's over.

>> No.49814777

>>49814741
because it is the truth on an abstract layer

>> No.49814786
File: 66 KB, 610x851, Capture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49812242
>"I never died before! - every time I did high-risk stuff before people said I might die but I never did I always came back, morons they were wrong every single time it has never happened so how could it happen now? The same thing that has happened before always happens again.".

>> No.49814793

>>49814679
>There is a reason why the average btc transfer is worth 980k usd.
That is because of traders moving them on and off exchanges or lending platforms and exchanges pooling together multiple transactions to save on transaction fees

>btc is the defacto wire system of the planet outside of swift / sepa areas.
Once the valuation per BTC is too low and volume goes down you can't use BTC as a value vehicle anymore because buying the BTC with currency A would influence the price too much and selling with currency B would influence the price too much as well. Not even considering if there is enough volume for both happening in the first place.

If the rest of the use cases fall away it would mean things like this can't be done through Bitcoin anymore. It's a really sad state of affairs crypto is in right now. I legitimately think the entire market is just going to disappear without QE injections (and no I don't think yield curve reversion is an indication that QEs will be back, I think the FED is going to ignore it this time).

>> No.49814805
File: 1.79 MB, 2040x2056, 1640717048121.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49814611
>no signs of actual adoption and usage
Anon, I

>> No.49814818

>>49814725
>Stocks are digital shit coins just like crypto, they don't have inherent value other than some faggot wanting to buy your bags when line go green.
Seriously go look up bare minimum basic knowledge like P/E ratios, Earnings Per Share etc before talking complete bullshit like this.

>> No.49814820

>>49812207
Will have to screenshot this thread for laughs when it hits 200k next year.

>> No.49814849

>>49814818
Obvs dividends and "governance" faggot

>> No.49814877

>>49814776
>people continuing to hold and invest in an asset class means it's over.
In reality its "People continuing to hold and invest in an asset class that is only 17% retail and 83% institutional while institutions keep selling and the people holding expect growing returns in 3-4 years being the only holders means it's over" And yes I truly believe that. /biz/ and reddit are going to slowly accumulate over the next 3-4 years thinking it's just a regular bear market and then when year 5,6,7 blow over more and more people will realize it's not a regular bear market at all but the asset class is just dying.

>> No.49814880

>>49812373
based

>> No.49814891

>>49812207
My god, you're dumb.

>> No.49814903

>>49812207
Kill yourself retard

>> No.49814909

>>49814805
I address Monero in these posts >>49812945 >>49812945

>> No.49814925
File: 564 KB, 720x717, 1654287626460.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49814611
Don't lump but bitcoin with all the shit coins and scam coins that came from eth.
That's just disingenuous.
It's hard to realize the true value of something when everyone sees that something as a speculative asset and never even bothered reading the white paper.
The same speculative bubble can happen to anything especially financial assets.

>> No.49814939

>>49814820
Please do. But promise me you'll also post it when it doesn't happen.

>> No.49814942
File: 3.65 MB, 2200x1426, 1654092458636.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49812207
That's not the real reason. And Crypto is not ending. You are forgetting the reason why BTC, XMR, etc. exist. They exist as p2p currencies. Even if centralized exchanges (Binance, Coinbase, etc.) are gone, even if decentralized exchanges fail (due to lack of fiat on-ramps) there will always be a P2P market (eg. Bisq). Regardless of this that's not what the entire market is crashing. It's for two reasons.

1. BTC is manipulated via wBTC because this enables Defi (read degenerate margin trading) with Bitcoin and big boys are liquidating each other.
2. BTC is paired with a highly illiquid asset called USDT.

I sure as hell hope Ethereum dies tho for allowing the Bankman to massively manipulate what should have been a great asset (Bitcoin).

>> No.49814964
File: 48 KB, 793x729, brianlet1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Wait a few more months and the proportion of people thinking "crypto is dead" will increase plenty.

But it's a pretty fucking brainlet take, anyway:
>people think crypto isn't dead forever
>therefore it IS dead forever. Checkmate, bulls.

I've been through multiple cycles now and, almost by definition, anyone who stuck around during bears was fully convinced that we'd go bull again in due course. That didn't magically prevent it from being the case.

>> No.49815010

>>49812207
What're your thoughts on Amara's law with regards to the crypto space? I feel like the projects with good use cases will survive, but the get rich quick slot machine is dead for a while. Could you see the prices coming back up and above their ATH albeit over a long (longer than currently speculated) adoption timeline?

>> No.49815038

>>49812242
OPs clam is that conditions have changed - externalities have changed - and your data is predicated on those conditions being the same.

>> No.49815040

>>49814877
OK, so your actual thesis is "institutional investors make up the lions share of the market and they're all going to leave" which has absolutely no correlation at all to these two things you keep saying:
>because reddit thinks this is only temporary i'm convinced it's the end of the crypto market
and
>if everyone thinks crypto is dead i'll reenter

>> No.49815060

>>49814725
This is why I only buy dividend paying stocks (ausfag). Some of them have substantial tax credits as well.

>> No.49815066

>>49812207
Sorry schlomo but you're not getting my coins. Mad you can't print them?

>> No.49815087

>>49815040
You're already seeing retail money leave as well, either to cover their bills or moving into an investment that's better than an unbacked security and no longer overpriced due to massive liquidity

>> No.49815096

Stop looking at the price. Look at the hash rate. As long as I can't mine btc on my phone or computer. Btc is not dying. This is btc pricing in the upcoming deflation. Everything is going down in price because USD is getting stronger. The fed always had a choice between kill the economy or kill the dollar. They never were going to kill the dollar, that's their golden goose. Wagies in essential services are going to ironically make it. Anyone with a service based wagie job is fucked. This is all short term, they can keep this up for maximum 5 years. After that, they either adopt btc or go qe infinity/negative interest rates. Stop crying about crypto, that shit was always going to zero. 1 btc=1btc.

>> No.49815137

>>49814925
Bitcoin is not used as an actual currency. Hell the most used project as a currency isn't even Bitcoin but Monero. And even that has so little usage that you can just ignore the currency aspects of cryptocurrency because it's such an insignificant part of it all.

The truth of it all is that crypto is just not a good currency. It's harder to use, less convenient and less private than paper cash transactions (yes, monero is less private than paper cash transactions). There's no reason to use crypto as a currency over normal currencies for the average person. Crypto has been proven to not hold out in inflationary environments so that aspect is also gone.

What usage can Bitcoin have if currency, store of value and speculative assets all disappear permanently?

>> No.49815241

>>49812311
>Out of the hundreds of dotcom stocks only ONE went beyond its ATH after the bubble popped
Based overconfident retard

>> No.49815439

>>49812207
Oldfag here. I agree with your reasonings but not the conclusion.
Bitcoin is different. I personally have a 10 year of brutal stagflation theory, but even in that Bitcoin will thrive.
What we’re seeing now is just a wipeout of leverage niggers. They’re in every asset class.
Rest of the cryptos will be wiped out that’s for sure though.

>> No.49815528

>>49815010
>What're your thoughts on Amara's law with regards to the crypto space?
QEs have propped up the crypto space. "Projects with good use cases" don't actually exist in the crypto space. What I mean with that is that they are all predicated at the end of the day on the idea that valuation is going to go up over time. DeFi, Dapps and Smart contracts only facilitate speculation. ETH smart contracts are only used to mint ERC20 tokens or NFTs which are used for speculation for example.

"Games" are just NFT based gambling based on the speculative value these can be resold for.

Remove the money flowing into the crypto market due to QEs since 2009 and all of these use cases will disappear.

That's the problem here and why I think the entire crypto market will legitimately seize to exist in an environment of Quantitative Tightening.

>> No.49815530

>>49812311
Now might be a good time for cryptobros to review Michael Saylor’s performance when the dot.com bubble burst.

>> No.49815558

>>49812896
>Antivax schizo
Opinion discarded.

>> No.49815591

>>49813708
Thanks for your thread OP. Interesting tie in to QE and low rates.

>> No.49815595

>>49815439
>but even in that Bitcoin will thrive.
Why? There are literally no datapoints for this scenario as it has never happened before. You need to actually explain why you think this instead of just assuming it'll be alright because conventional economics suggest Bitcoin is going to crash hard in such a scenario.

>What we’re seeing now is just a wipeout of leverage niggers.
I agree the large dumps are caused by liquidations of leveraged traders. However institutional investors will sell as well when interest rates goes up and liquidity goes down. Liquidity going down and expenses going up to retail means they won't buy crypto and even start selling it over time, dropping valuation causing more institutions and retail to drop out.

No new capital flowing in means it'll stay low with no reason for it to pick up again in a market derived of liquidity.

People aren't going to jump into crypto when there's no expectation of future profit and growth, which there won't be in a high interest rate QT world.

>> No.49815665

>>49813601
Hahahahahaha my god you're stupid

>> No.49815682

>>49813715
Hahaha omg this board, haha haha

>> No.49815751
File: 234 KB, 600x600, 1654288161118.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49815137
>Bicoin is not used as an actual currency (en mass)

>So therefore it can't be used as an actual currency.

>> No.49815752

>>49815439
The rest of crypto, for ever and ever, for all of eternity will be wiped out. Haha lmaooo these idiots keep amazing me, unbelievable.

'We will control the Internet and abolish Internet piracy etc etc hurrrrdurrrr'

>> No.49815780

>>49815595
Because when rationality returns you will find that Bitcoin was literally designed to be the currency that mathematically cannot be debased. It was designed to solve the money problem.

And if rationality doesn’t return and we go back to risk on clown world, Bitcoin will be the strongest to bounce.

So I see it as a win win situation and worth punting on.

>> No.49815784

I understand crypto is dead, but does anyone know what the next big thing will be? I want to get in before normalfags

>> No.49815792

>>49815137
My my, this board. What a load of fucking retards.

Has anyone here actually read even one word from the bitcoin white paper?

Back to school, kids.

>> No.49815807

>>49815751
Crypto has had 13 years, trillions of USD and tens of thousands of developers to develop a system where people actually can and want to use it as a currency.

The fact nobody actually uses it as a currency shows that crypto just isn't good as a currency. It's a speculative vehicle that has been used for 13 years to park QE printed money into while delusional people were claiming like it actually provided any value to the world.

I profited greatly from this so I won't complain, but it's still clear to me what is going to happen to crypto now that QE is falling away.

>> No.49815827
File: 3.02 MB, 498x280, 1652270046642.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49815137
Crypto allows people to transact between each other with out any third parties from anywhere in the planet. Transaction times are as bad as people say either. If you can't wait 15 minutes for a transaction to finalize on the block chain then you have attention issues, kek. Bitcoin haters will bend over back wards to point out it's flaws and inflate them to an absurd degree yet blatantly ignore why it's better.

Monero is the same way but with the privacy of ash transactions.

I disagree totally that it's as bad as you say in this regard.

>> No.49815851

>>49815827
>Crypto allows people to transact between each other with out any third parties from anywhere in the planet
The vast majority of people will never need this in their entire life.

>> No.49815865

>>49812207
FED cannot stop quantitative easing and cannot raise interest rates above previous levels because they would risk bankrupting the government, if they did. They will throw in the towels at 3% or even before they reach that, and then, Bitcoin will melt faces like never before. It will be glorious, I will own multiple bitcoins and I will be happy and central banker kikes will be kvetching and crying.

>> No.49815868

>>49815792
Not only have I read satoshi's paper back in 2010. I even replied to him in the original forums and was there when the exploit led to a hundred billion BTC being mined >>49813279

You're a presumptuous retard that thinks I'm an newfag merely because I go against the grain on 4chan and actually think for myself.

>> No.49815877

>>49815807
this. people need to stop viewing crypto as an "investment" and come to terms with the fact that 99% of the crypto space was wildly volatile speculative gambling.

>> No.49815891

>>49812480
Holy fuck go the fuck back you cringe fucking faggot boomer. We get it, you are poor.

>> No.49815895

>>49812280
>I've been in crypto since 2010
It's a shame you still don't understand shit.

>> No.49815902
File: 336 KB, 700x400, 1652402264836.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49815807
Bitcoin is not "crypto" again

Bitcoin was mainly used by economics geeks and computer science nerds for the majority of it's life until financial institutions got it's hands on it and the now dying Ethereum Blockchain popularized "crypto" which retards lump Bitcoin in with to this day which you are doing yourself lol.
Right now normies have become aware of bitcoins existence and while it's true that the normies believe it is currently a speculative asset like "crypto" but give it ten years and a dead Ethereum block chain and people will start to actually adopt bitcoin for it's actual utility.

Cap this and in 10 years we can come back and see who's right.

People legit were terrified of ebay back in the day and the scammers "ruining it's reputation" and yet here's eBay a multi-million dollar company.

>> No.49815925

You're still here op? Yawn

>> No.49815935

>>49815877
Bitcoin isn't crypto.

Cope seethe dial8

>> No.49815961

>>49812449
>retard still believes they can stop money printing
You deserve to lose everything

>> No.49815971

>>49815827
>Crypto allows people to transact between each other with out any third parties from anywhere in the planet
The entire reason why the "third parties" point was important was to prevent central banks from inflating away the value of crypto. As QE was the only thing putting value into crypto in the first place and QE falling away removing value from crypto it will expose that it's not reliable as a currency.

You know what can be used to transact between each other without any third parties? Cash USD. Drug dealers have been doing it for decades. Russia is doing it right now to evade sanctions.

There is no real substantial demand for a digital p2p currency as has been proven with the 13 years of lack of usage. Bitcoin maxis even recognized this by claiming its real purpose was store of value. Now that it has been proven that Bitcoin doesn't retain its value suddenly crypto is a p2p currency system again.

Crypto is going to die in an environment without QE money injections.

>> No.49815977

>>49813743
Republicanism, republican form of government. This isn't about parties brainlet.

>> No.49815984
File: 89 KB, 258x195, 1655595207332.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49815851
Until they actually will.

More and more people are moving towards libertarian politics ever single day.
Not just right libertarians; decentralization as a concept is starting to gain traction again as our current established order prices itself inept time after time after time.

Get real. You can't predict the future and that's a weak argument.

>> No.49815994

>>49815865
>FED cannot stop quantitative easing and cannot raise interest rates above previous levels because they would risk bankrupting the government
False. The US government can sell US treasury bonds whose demand actually goes up in a deflationary scenario. The US government won't go bankrupt in a high interest rate scenario. QE is over and I don't see it returning in the 2020s.

>> No.49816075

>>49812825
Why don't fucking retard boomers like you shut the fuck up when clearly you don't understand shit about the economy? Have you looked into how much increase in interest payments does a 0,5% rate hike create in Federal Government budget? Holy shit, you're stupid as fuck, faggot boomers I swear.

>> No.49816088
File: 99 KB, 1024x1104, 1652276533206.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49815971
Cash doesn't allow people from any point on earth to transact with out any third parties. You're grasping at straws as this was clearly part of the argument I was making. There's more reason why not having a third party intermediate is alluring to people especially people who aren't completely retarded.

We're going in circles because again the realization of the value of p2p currency was obfuscated by an over saturated market elevated by the Ethereum shit coin network. People think Bitcoin and mega sonichu Benis doge Elon coin are the exact same thing when again they are not and you have yet to actually make an argument against this point rather than just doubling down.

>> No.49816110

So, you think crypto is over just because the majority thinks crypto is not over? That's what you base your opinion on? Everything else you're writing is just noise.

>> No.49816124

>>49815558
Fucking kike. Hope your family dies.

>> No.49816133

>>49815984
>More and more people are moving towards libertarian politics ever single day.
Complete opposite is true, thank god. Libertarians would create a hellscape dystopia even worse than the boring one we have now. More people are being polarized into far left and far right extremism, especially in younger generations. Nobody wants “economic right social left” corporate dominated fagocracies. They either want to obliterate private property and destroy all capital which has ruined everyone’s lives since the boomers took over, or to evict all internationalist cosmopolitans and their mega corps financing fag parades and gutting the white working class for more cheap spic landscapers. Bitcoin and other crypto currencies may find a place in either of these futures.

>> No.49816238
File: 452 KB, 220x220, 1654263972770.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49816133
>Reads one line and ignores everything else I said and postulates a straw man argument

Yeah I'm beginning to think I've won this debate.

I don't mean libertarian as in "lolbertarian" politics you midwit. I mean it is an ideology of liberty being the for front of modern politics and decentralization of everything will be that. Decentralization of finance, work, labor, in 200 years the world with plan the economy via the block chain and the economy will be run by unions.

Hopefully; Anyway, it's obvious you are reaching the limits of your IQ.

I'm going to go ahead and scoop this W.

See you in 10 years.

>> No.49816264

>>49816088
Not him but there is always an intermediary, it's called the blockchain and is copied onto millions and millions of computers. What's more both your crypto addresses can be tracked and traced for as far back as they go. You are hoping to get lost in the crowd is what you are hoping - same as if you simply wired through a standard bank.

Why don't you just give up these stupid arguments and admit crypto is simply a ponzi that has literally no advantages over fiat.

>> No.49816275

>>49816075
>Have you looked into how much increase in interest payments does a 0,5% rate hike create in Federal Government budget?
I hope you realize you're talking to someone that manages investments for a living.

Please read this as an introduction to how interest rates work for the federal government (please pay extra attention to the first bullet point): https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/treasurybond.asp

But I'm willing to get entertained so please go on and explain to me how interest rates work for the Federal Government in your head to get a good laugh.

>> No.49816279

>>49816124
Yes, I am a big scary kike and my family is huge and healthy.

>> No.49816290

Also stop posting images with your posts you fucking retard. Nobody wants to see your irrelevant images you decided to post for arbitrary reasons because you think they are somehow express something to anonymous strangers typing over the internet, fuck off with that bullshit.

>> No.49816302

>>49816110
QE environment disappearing + Investment thesis being invalidated + Market sentiment mismatch with reality = Crypto is dying and going to be dead forever.

>> No.49816317

>>49816110
I kind of agree with OP on this one point. Massive bullruns depend on normies FOMO'ing, downloading coinbase on their iShart, then buying a few K of someone's overinflated bags. If too many people get in early, (lets say 10k) there will be a lot of pressure to keep prices low as everyone walks away happy with gains. Prices might crab for a really long time or keep crashing back to previous lows. It kind of makes sense. Obviously in 5+ years if we get back to "line go up" economics there could be a 100k+ bullrun and back to cycles.

>> No.49816349

>>49812280
>I've been in crypto since 2010
no you haven't lmao

>> No.49816358

>>49816264
This is unironically a better alternative to one single entity having access to your data with unlimited power. Most normies use windows and don't care about privacy like that anyways.

They do care about trustless finance though. Privacy fags have XMR

>> No.49816367

>>49815891
>That seething
OP may be right.

>> No.49816400

>>49813601
Hey schizo where is the entrance to the tunnel? I live near there. Don’t say Pikes Peak cause that isnt 40 miles west of Denver.

>> No.49816402

>>49816349
>>49813279

>> No.49816403
File: 73 KB, 900x900, 1652274956373.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49816290
>Be on a literal anonymous imageboard

>Get mad when people post images.

Well now you just confirmed you're a newfag. Do you even know 4chan is an imageboard? Do you know what an imageboard is zoomer?

>> No.49816405

>>49816302
>QE environment
What is that?

>> No.49816447

>>49816402
WOW YOU PROVED IT!!!

>> No.49816466
File: 471 KB, 720x1560, Screenshot_20220618-161857_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49815784

>> No.49816473

>>49816290
Holy shit how new are you??

>> No.49816483

>>49816290
Retarded little kid.

>> No.49816498

>>49812207
The only reason I don't sell is because it makes people like you seethe. Deal with it. I hope the economy suffers and everyone becomes poor because that would make you seethe even harder.

>> No.49816509

>>49812207
>people thinking crypto is not dead like the last time they were wrong means it’s dead

>> No.49816513
File: 238 KB, 1337x1057, 1655580612744.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

rtepeat after me:
THE
PRINTING
WILL
NOT
STOP

>> No.49816534

>>49814786
>cyclical markets are linear human beings

>> No.49816548

>>49812207
>bull market since 2009
retard
markets have always been bullish, every single crash was recovered

>> No.49816560

>>49815038
Newsflash, externalities always change. We’re undergoing the second collapse since Rome despite a massive change in externalities because most are irrelevant or different only on surface. Npcs won’t understand

>> No.49816572

>>49812449
>Only if everyone thinks crypto is permanently dead would I re-enter.
sigma male spotted

>> No.49816579

>thinking QE will ever stop long term

lol lmao even

>think Reddit normies have the patience to DCA into crypto for 3 years

They will forget about it within 1 year. They moved on from GME pretty quick too. Yes a small % will actually do it but not enough to change the general perception of crypto.

>> No.49816598

Bitcoin is the AOL of crypto just because it was there in the beginning doesn't mean it won't get left behind. There will only be government coins and coins with actual privacy in the future.

>> No.49816614

>>49812945

I don't believe you have been in since 2010 because you seem emotional bas hell about this crash tryy to disguise yourself as smart. I'm in since early 2015 and people say this bullshit every crash or bear. 2018 had wayyyyy more reason to be pessimistic. Crypto is on the fringe of becoming mainstream. You think it's mainstream yet? No, it has barely scratched the surface.. People are dipping their toes in it.The next fomo run se will gain a higher percentage of the population. And soon everyone will be earning crypto in games or in other ways. Kids will grow up with crypto judt like they fo now with smart phones. It isn't going anywhere retsrd. We have barely even started.

Invest in projects with real world roots and patents like VRA and telcoin. Both are pushed ssy down right now and will make many millionaires.

Also, i know buz hates meme tokens. But the fact is, they aren't going anywhere. Shib still at a 3 bil mcap. If you think they are dead you are extremely low iq.

>> No.49816628

>>49812207
This thread is full on despair. Holy shit do you know why midwits don’t make it? Because I’m moment like this they can’t see the wider perspective, instead they’re blinded by emotions and focus on minutia. We’ve been through this countless times in modern times alone. This is the time that makes millionaires but most are too dumb or too afraid to take the opportunity that just lies and begs to be taken like OP’s mother when she was young.

>> No.49816639

crypto is the nwo way, it wont just die

>> No.49816691

>>49816447
It's as much proof I can post without doxxing myself. It's a fact that's very hard to google and almost nobody has heard of it before. People that know, know that I'm an actual old guard by saying that.

>> No.49816692

>>49816264
>blockchain is an intermediary
If you count miners, but they won’t block you because of government and in most blockchains provide speed and pricing far superior to traditional banking

>> No.49816711

>>49816691
Sounds like you’re a clinical narcissist. Fuck off to r*ddit no one cares about you midwit

>> No.49816713

>>49816548
I meant a liquid environment of perpetual growth with large injections of money that made crypto a great place to park your money. That is now going away and not coming back any time soon (this decade)

>> No.49816718

>>49812311
>Out of the hundreds of dotcom stocks only ONE went beyond its ATH after the bubble popped, Amazon and even then it took 16 years for Amazon to go beyond its dotcom ATH.

stop talking out of your ass. retards that wont bother to google the chart will believe you

>> No.49816724

>>49816713
we have a crash and then the bull market continues, it happened many times before. not just in crypto but generally

>> No.49816746

also how are you saying there are no use cases for crypto, lol
china has their own crypto currency now and other countries are starting discussions about central crypto currencies too, even the usa

>> No.49816759
File: 20 KB, 593x580, 1641869669841.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49812207
Don't care, didn't read.

Cavemen started rubbing stones together and thats how they discovered fire.

Then for a while they couldn't find more stones and thought oh fook mate we won't be able to make fire ever again.

>> No.49816788
File: 9 KB, 189x292, 1652387422406.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49816691
>Oldguard

>Doesn't know imageboards are for images.

>> No.49816803

>>49812280
>everyone thought it was over for real in 2018
Lmao no they didn't it was just like this

>> No.49816813

>>49816279
Enjoy vaids
Show up to the link yacht party

>> No.49816907

>>49815137
>(yes, monero is less private than paper cash transactions)

What the fuck are you talking about?

>> No.49816908

>>49816813
>Enjoy vaids
>my family is huge and healthy
Two more weeks, right?

>> No.49816956

>>49814090
Lmao do you think this is the first time the fed has raised rates or something?

>> No.49816972

>>49812207
This is crypto's internet boom explosion phase. People genuinely don't realize it. Look back at all of the stocks from back then. 95% never got even close to 10% of their ath from the internet boom. This is the defining point where we get our amazon / netflix. Potentially life changing as governments adopt the technology, but the rest is going to 0 or near 0.

>> No.49816997

>>49812207
If you read this thread carefully you'll see the underlying reality: cryptos are based on nothing but belief & numbers of people who believe.

IOW it's a confidence game.

>> No.49817005

>>49813743
nice and subtle bait

>> No.49817009

>>49816956
This is the first time where they don't care if it causes a recession

>> No.49817010

>>49812207
Lmao, you realize BTC has only dropped 74% from it's peak in this cycle? In previous cycles, BTC has typically dropped 80-85%... so expect it to keep going down til 13000.

So funny seeing these posts of despair near the end of every single major correction like in 2017 and 2013. Human psychology never changes, which makes market predictions quite easy once you get the hang of it and understand that it's basically all rooted in human psychology.

>> No.49817033

>>49812207
still up 100x faggot and im all in crypto, cope and seethe

>> No.49817151
File: 6 KB, 256x256, download (4).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49816997
its a variation of a ponzi scheme where you are trying bait big investors and idiots into your currency for the "true" community to make their gains
problem is big investors and rich idiots are much better suited than your average cryptobro to ride the cycles

>> No.49817256

>>49816788
I never said anything about images at all. Please read IDs

>> No.49817311

>>49817151
yes, crypto has a heavy MLM aspect to the ponzi scheme.

how many people have you seen trying to ''get their friends into crypto''?

>> No.49817342

>>49817151
yes, crypto has a heavy MLM aspect to the ponzi scheme.

how many people have you seen trying to ''get their friends into crypto''?

>>49816598
>There will only be government coins and coins with actual privacy in the future

nobody will buy GOVTCOIN because it will be heavily regulated and stable. the entire attraction to the crypto ponzi scheme is its massive volatility that can get you rich quickly if you are smart.

>> No.49817429

>>49817256
I have always thought the price needed to stabilize for proper adoption as a currency and proper use as a store of value. For one thing, transactions can be made in a constant value of BTC. It also needs to decouple from other risk assets to be treated like PM's or other stores of value. Finally, you use Russia's use of cash to evade sanctions as an example of BTC's pointlessness. But Russia and many others don't want to use USD for anything because of Fed control. They'd much rather use BTC to evade sanctions (again, after the price has stabilized).

I could understand the "dead for the 2020's" argument but dead for good is just insane. The Runescape party hat comparison is absolutely perfect here.

>> No.49817439

>>49816956
Anon, the FED said that they are going to increase interest rates and going to continue increasing interest rates no matter what happens to the nation as long as the USD has an inflation rate above 2%. Do you realize what that entails? Do you realize just how much money was added due to the last 2 years. And how restricted supplies are due to a closed china and war in europe?

It's going to be almost impossible for the FED to curb in inflation at this point, meaning they might increase interest rates for YEARS. The vast majority of living people have never seen stagflation before. People will be cashing out of crypto to buy essential goods and pay rent. It's going to be continual drop in the valuation of crypto and not just for the next 3-4 years. Due to lack of QE it might never recover at all. And in fact I think it'll never recover because the investment thesis of store of value has been wiped off due to BTC breaking the previous cycle's high of 20k

>> No.49817651

>>49817439
youre assuming the cycles are 100% organic and natural and not artificially manipulated by rich people and pr firms working for investment groups for their own gain

>> No.49817669

>>49817429
Your post is a bit incoherent because I don't have a perfect memory of what you're replying to so I'll try and guess what you mean with some parts.

>I have always thought the price needed to stabilize for proper adoption as a currency and proper use as a store of value.
Bitcoin is a speculative asset which means it's in constant flux, so that won't happen.
>Russia and many others don't want to use USD for anything because of Fed control. They'd much rather use BTC to evade sanctions.
Sure Russia would prefer if BTC was used instead of FED based currencies but Russia doesn't get to decide, the global situation does and the global reserve currency is still USD so Russia has no choice but to use large briefcases filled with USD to evade sanctions right now.

Also you need to realize that once people stop speculating on Bitcoin and volume dries up it stops being useful for larger institutions that want to use the chain to transact value between entities as their entry point could by itself already influence price movement which is not something you want to do.

This is why when the price of BTC falls so do usecases like that.

This is precisely why I'm saying crypto is going to be dead forever and not just dead for this decade. I don't even see it revived in 10 years when QE and low interest rates are back. Some new asset will be invented instead to park money as the investment thesis of crypto as a store of value will be permanently ruined with a proven track record of crashing below previous highs

>> No.49817803

>>49815558
had covid, nothing happened

>> No.49817883

>>49815558
we just learned today that vaxxed sperm donors had a loss in motility. The memes are real, lol, lmao

>> No.49817923

>>49812449
The QT will end in October.If you are really 41, then you should know better, faggot.
2022 (big one)

>> No.49818041

All I read from OP is "QE this", "QE that". He is clearly a 41 years old midwit. What OP does not understand and fail to comprehend is human greediness. There are millions of people who think alongside the lines of "Oh it's 20k now, I will buy so that when it goes back to 60k, I x3'd." Or at any lower price point for that matter. Never underestimate human greed.

>> No.49818066
File: 17 KB, 964x100, unknown.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

reddit is fudding now.

>> No.49818165

>>49812207
All hobbyist money until like 2013. No exchanges even. You're not supposed to be here, you don't belong here. You heard some nerds made money on it so you bought and then spend years second guessing the retarded decision you made. The nerds weren't even in it for the money.

>> No.49818166
File: 516 KB, 652x562, 1538074901974.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49818041
its not even greed
wait for a couple popular zoomer rappers to shill crypto (being hired by someone to do so) then some boomer journalist will be paid to pharaphrase OP's points on those boomer newspapers only people over 40 read
and youll see a generational tribal battle of attrition and sophistry restart the bull run fueled by fomo and groupthink

>> No.49818189

>>49818066
why would you trust reddit on anything?

worse than 4chan when it comes to bullshit

>> No.49818222

>>49818165
>No exchanges even.
I guess all those BTC I lost on MT.GOX was just an hallucination then.

>> No.49818246

It's over this time

>> No.49818248

>>49818222
I remember some chink millionaire was behind the initial doge pump to 200+ sats

>> No.49818256

>>49812651
Ya. I’m not saying Bitcoin can’t crash. But I will say the fed can’t meaningfully raise rates. They can do little tiny raises for a bit. But they can’t do 10%. 20%. They probably can’t even do 6%. They’ll probably start cutting soon and QE will continue.

>> No.49818326
File: 32 KB, 606x347, ujzse83he8k21.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Holy shit this is one of the finest threads in years
Not fukkin selling

>> No.49818358

>>49812207
>Implying I'm not going to do the mother of all slurps once Bitcoin hits 2k again
Hell, the lower it goes the better. I'm a grug no-coiner that missed the 2018 train. I'm not missing the bottom this time around.

>> No.49818385

>>49812207
Good. Maybe now people will invest in useful skills and trade goods instead of pretend money.

>> No.49818398

>>49818222
Did you get them because of QE?

>> No.49818466

>>49812480
>/biz/ posters in December 2017-Februari 2018
Oldfren larp detected. Anyone who was here knows /biz/ was filled mumus were copeposting well into the summer.

>> No.49818479

>>49812449
39 here, but wasn’t heavily vested when the dot com bubble happened so I couldn’t honestly give an opinion. But you’re right in that this is basically the final test for crypto in general. I only ever treated it as gambling money so it’s not like I won’t miss anything if it does just implode from here. Pieces of the tech behind it will most definitely live on if it in fact is kill, but over the past year or so too many normies have been wiped out for it to regain the positive outlook. I’d only be in shit that actually has “some” use case or be buying that and stay away from anything still trying to get itself going based on speculation and token price, and that’s ETH, XMR and something a little riskier like ICP. Beyond that, it’s a financial minefield.

>> No.49818888

>>49816691
>. It's a fact that's very hard to google and almost nobody has heard of it before
Utter nonsense considering i've heard of it and only got into crypto the last few years

>> No.49819411

>>49812945
I for one am using cryptocurrency to send value to my Russian friends
There literally is no other way for me to send them value rn in 2022
Fuck your "money" and your "utility"

>> No.49819497
File: 8 KB, 307x164, 36346464372.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>This is the end
I sincerely hope so

>> No.49819514

>>49812994
>use regular fiat for most of their transactions because it's just easier to use and a better currency
I only use fiat because the sellers are not aware of my preference to pay them in cryptocurrency.
The fiat has lost them and me our pensions, our savings lost 30% in value just the last year
Its not better, the switch to crypto will happen whether you like it or not because crypto is better long term and will outcompete even the usd
Few understand

>> No.49819570

>>49813279
Stop scaring the newfags away you greedy cunt
If you truly where here in 2010 youd know a bear for next 5 year is expected but just means more time to a coomolate and yet you want more by spreading fud

>> No.49819577

Too many people know how the game works now. They've gotten smart. Next time around (if BTC ever peaks again) literally everyone will sell the top, so logically BTC will never reach that ATH again

>> No.49819602

>>49812925
>Some of you bears seem to be failing to understand that more people are on board with crypto than in 2018
That won’t be the case if it’s reputation is that of a depreciating asset

>> No.49819659

>>49812280
Proof this by posting your cars and mansion with a timestamp. Show the amount of money you own

>> No.49819729

>>49812825
Every 1% increase in interest rates equals 200 billion more dollars necessary to service interest on federal debt. Any rate beyond 3% will become untenable without both tax increases and spending cuts. I think it's pretty fair to assume the government will take the easy way out.

>> No.49819744
File: 7 KB, 275x275, 1618542292492.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

so, what is the actual difference between /biz/ and /x/

>> No.49819748
File: 2.84 MB, 1194x1204, Dandelion.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49812207
>Ugg short dandelion
>long distance seed disperal is a meme
>stupid weed will be extinct before the Bronze Age

>> No.49819833

>>49814611
>13 years
Only
Consider finance is for many ppl harder to change than their smoking habits
Literally easier to teach them bootcamp coding than rethink what money is and why they work

>> No.49819900

>>49812449
Is someone going to tell this retard that QE is going to restart before 3-4 years is even over, with lowered interest rates...or should we just let him stay poor?

>> No.49819903

>>49812373
Fr crypto was bussin but now it's mid af, no cap

>> No.49819963

>>49812207
Also, during hard times, the environmental impact and high energy cost of PoW crypto will make it unacceptable to society, so mining will be outlawed.

>> No.49820101

>>49813161
>People I know that hate crypto are waiting to get in this time.
Funny, because people I know that love crypto have been desperately getting out of it.

>> No.49820261

this thread is kinda lame desu. I value p2p protocols, I value web3 projects, I value XMR, Filecoin, Algorand, clearly. This "cycle" was barely a cycle. NFTs, Dogtokens, and that's it game over? Kek. Crypto has not even began. I was waiting for this needed purge. FAAG already exists. Algo, Filecoin, Ethereum, Skale, Exorde etc.

>> No.49820433

>>49819900
QE is over. It's an extremely hard sell to a public that is traumatized by stagflation that printing more money would be the solution. QE isn't going to be implemented in the coming decade and very likely not even again within our lifetimes.

>> No.49820499

>>49820433
Yes, it is over until October. Then hyperinflation, then crash, then CBDCs. Do you even read books, boomer ?

>> No.49820661
File: 588 KB, 1024x574, Tonegawa.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49812207
Didn't read.
Never selling.
Thanks for playing.

>> No.49820699

>>49813829
nobody is buying btc in a real hyperinflation scenario, sweetie

>> No.49820895
File: 237 KB, 1200x826, tzompantli-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49819744
x's metaphysical beliefs dont bankrupt anyone

>> No.49820911

>>49812207
Thanks for the buy signal OP

>> No.49820964

>>49812207
>after the dotcom bust, the Internet was over

>> No.49821054
File: 22 KB, 500x414, ET6COPMXsAIUquo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49812316
I don't think so. I can see a good number of people making about 11% on Usdt or Usdc on spool which is fair enough in my opinion. Shit coins might not make it but there is still a way to make some pluses I guess

>> No.49821189

>>49812207
I agree with you. I think we will have one last alt season/exit pump but I think it is over for good this time. This doesn't feel like 2018, it feels like (((someone))) is wrecking the economy and markets on purpose

>> No.49821277

>>49815902
how do we feel about xrp

>> No.49821340

>>49812207
If you only tossed in what your were willing to lose entirely, Hold. Crypto still has value to original early investors/adapters, and that's as a digital currency. Look at the function of the BAT token to donate to creators unanimously across platforms (as shit as it currently is). Look at the dark web. Crypto has value in an idea. If you're looking to make quick gains, it's fucking dead, but there will probably be new utilities in the future, that are being worked on as we speak. Some day will be an alternative to PayPal and Debit/Credit cards that does not have the horrific gas prices of current.

>> No.49821357

>>49821189
Happens every 7 years totally randomly for some reason.

>> No.49821473
File: 295 KB, 1872x1872, 1618604894209.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

kek baggies

>> No.49821572
File: 7 KB, 241x250, 1651421140664s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49821189
Really hoping Rail follows along. More like the only altcoin that is not crashing down at the moment

>> No.49821698

>>49818256
Bob?

>> No.49822563
File: 17 KB, 412x246, in bitcoin we trust.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>this time it's different
Youth is not knowing what the situation is.
Adulthood is knowing it's the same shit different day.
In BTC We Trust.

>> No.49822624
File: 144 KB, 934x934, FR7VQ3jVsAA9ndH.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>49812280
>this is the first time i think it's actually done for.
The only thing you seriously need to worry about is if a charismatic retired military leader turns to politics and starts making headlines.
If that happens then things can rapidly change and by change I mean you will be fucking dead from all out war.

Until that happens everything else is proceeding naturally, just like other crashes in history.

>> No.49822781

>>49812449
>Remember that despite it existing for 13 years crypto has no real world utility outside of speculation.
oldfag larp confirmed
your post reads like every other moron who says crypto is either in a bubble or is dead every single day.

>QE+lower interest rates environment.
anyone who believes this isn't a larp can easily look at the interest rates themselves.

>> No.49822875

>>49815807
I think I figure it out.
You're just trolling and actually talking about Gold.
Every point you make is true for commodities kek.
Gold has only had its price propped up by QE.
This time it's over for real and will never go back to its ATH in 2011.

>> No.49823003

>>49813482
he knows thats why hes posting this
hes trying to be muh filter instead of helping retards and new fags by shilling link

>> No.49823911

>>49814939
It literally will happen