[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 241 KB, 1280x720, salt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4918113 No.4918113 [Reply] [Original]

I'm 90%SALT and 10%HST for this month. I figured that the over exuberance would lead a lot of people to take out loans to buy more btc and to use the service to cash out without capital gains. But I'm worried I could miss a huge btc move waiting for the exchange price to match the platform price for SALT. Is this plan a bad one? Who can give an intelligent opinion

>> No.4918296
File: 51 KB, 650x408, dale-gribble-conspiracy-theories.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

bump

>> No.4918486

Shameful second bump. Is everyone just hopping on the btc dip?

>> No.4918523

I'm 90% in salt. Want more bitcoin don't want to pump fiat into it. Salts a good way of getting more btc this month.

>> No.4918553

>>4918113
btc will outperform almost everything over the next 6 months.

>> No.4918692

Think rationally about this or a moment OP.

SALT at parity with platform price is 3x current price. What are the odds of a BTC move so big that it outweighs that?

BTC mooning is great news for SALT anyway, because their first loans will only accept BTC as collateral. I personally think it's a great bet. I also believe the odds of SALT raising the platform price are quite high.

>> No.4918725

i got in 2 weeks ago thinking it was going to launch around the 15. now the are saying its not going to open until end of month im just hoping that btc being super bullish wont kill all my profit by the time it opens

>> No.4918825

1: BTC will crash before January. BTC is the only collateral at launch.
2: People who are going to use salt, most of them already hoarded it at a cheap price. Salt is widely known about. The supply of salt is massive.

Conclusion: It will slowbleed after launch. Slowbleed will continue until 3 factors become strong enough to drive demand up or it reaches lows of possibly even 3USD.

1: More collateral options.
2: Salt is allowed to be used as collateral at Salt Platform price (25USD atm).
3: Influx of new people into crypto markets who didn't have the opportunity to hoard salt cheaply start using salt in large numbers.

>> No.4918893
File: 78 KB, 702x332, Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 9.13.51 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4918725
source? jk I know you don't have one because you made that up

>> No.4918958

>>4918825
Dummie, btc going down is good for salt as people will buy the dip.

Any big price movements are good for salt, it is tether on steroids.

>The supply of salt is massive

You know you can use salt to pay off the interest at $25/salt? this will greatly decrease supply

Very weak fud

>> No.4919032

>>4918692
Yeah that was my logic and why I got into SALT at 3 when I did. It just seems too improbable for BTC 400 billion injected into it over the course of a month. Thanks for the reassurance.

Why do you think they're going to raise the platform price? I think I have an idea but I'd like to your take as well as whoever else wants to give an input.

>>4918825
Why do you think SALT will go so low? Wouldn't it be in the interest of people that own lots of SALT to push the price up so less people can use it to reduce interest rates?

>> No.4919415

>>4918958
>You know you can use salt to pay off the interest at $25/salt? this will greatly decrease supply
Over a long time yes. Now? No. If you actually read the post you would understand why.

>>4919032
>Why do you think SALT will go so low? Wouldn't it be in the interest of people that own lots of SALT to push the price up so less people can use it to reduce interest rates?
If whalesgroups with 100m USD+ that isn't already in salt manipulate the price like that, yeah.

Betting on whales manipulating your own coin in a certain way is pretty spooky though. If anything, if they have lots of salt, they will first dump it hard, then mass buy at a lower price, then keep pumping it, then maybe dump and pump it again until they called it a day and pump it to rest in the 20-24USD range until Salt Lending raises the salt price.

>> No.4920302

>>4918893
watched an interview with the ceo filmed yesterday, he said its going to launch in a couple of weeks as in not this week