[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 7 KB, 250x201, 1512217575533.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4909773 No.4909773 [Reply] [Original]

Can someone explain to me why people think BTC will crash, because of BTC Futures?

Why would two new exchanges cause anything to do with the price of BTC?

Sorry for being retarded, but just explain it to me. I really don't understand 'muh two new liquid exchanges will crash BTC, because everyone will short BTC'.

You can already short BTC, why would two new exchanges bring any difference, if people there start shorting BTC. Shorting has nothing to do with influencing price, it's simply an option that you can choose if you believe if stock is going down.

What am I getting wrong here?

>> No.4909808

It wont. They are trying to get people to panic sell so they can buy the dip and fly to the moon.

>> No.4909814

>>4909773
it won't crash but someone will get fucked over hard, either people holding bitcoin or people holding bitcoin futures.

>> No.4909834

Someone who owns a large amount of bitcoins could potentially bet heavy on shorts, then flood the market with enough cheap bitcoin to spark a dip, then reap benefits, buy even more coin. Which means I expect a large dip, and a quick resurge.

>> No.4909838

They believe there is a conspiracy. When the futures are started they will low ball their own btc to drive the price down. On top of the recent spike that is begging for a correction.

>> No.4909879

No one here understands futures. They aren't buying or selling btc. They are basically just taking cash bets on what the price will be. This greatly encourages the bears (shorters). It's more complicated than that so dyofr.

>> No.4910034

Institutional money will use futures instead of actual btc. And it's easier and safer for them to crash the price since they have no love for btc anyway.

>> No.4910050

i don't see the point of a future contract in bitcoin (outside of betting).

The entire point a futures contract is ensuring price of something is stable in the future, but there's no point in doing it when you can buy all the bitcoin you want in the here and now.

>> No.4910140

>>4909879
Yeah so what happens when they short BTC, then partner up with somone with huge amount of btc to mass sell making both of them rich?

>> No.4910185

Couldn't they use it to long btc, then inject a bunch of money into it to make the price rise?

>> No.4910212

>>4910140
>not realizing they've been pumping it this whole time to do that.

>> No.4910356

Because people don't research on futures and instead believe in memes. Also the fact that some level of correction is overdue.

Futures is probably the first step to minimising the high volatility of btc. It is in the best interests for miners to hedge by shorting btc to minimise risk involved from btc price decline. Too bad they are implementing it poorly and miners probaby won't hedge hahaha.

>> No.4911152

>>4909808
this

bitcoin futures have been trading for many months already on chinese and japanese exchanges

they dont affect shit