[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 232 KB, 590x707, Th16Reimu.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4846316 No.4846316 [Reply] [Original]

>exchanges
>password protected
>email verifcation protection
>phone verification protection
>2fa protection
>the more popular an exchange is, the more tech they have behind their security and higher chance they'll reimburse you for damage
>still considered "risky" because one retarded exchanged was hacked

>hard wallets
>1 password, that can be read by any keylogger or desktop spy without you knowing at all
>once you forget your password, youre fucked, and cant click "forgot password" like on an exchange, where they will only give you your money if you successfully prove your real identity

Why the fuck do you homos hate keeping your money on the exchange again?

>> No.4846370

>>4846316
I actually agree. Coinbase also has a "Vault" that gives additional security.

>> No.4846407

>1 password, that can be read by any keylogger or desktop spy without you knowing at all

It can't. That's the entire point of hardware wallets you retard.

>> No.4846449

>>4846316

Hardware wallets keep the private keys offline always faggot.

You also have a backup seed in case your hardware wallet gets lost or damaged.

>> No.4846452

>>4846316
If 2fa is over SMS, and not a hardware trusted device, it's worse than not having one.
Cloning someone's phone is not hard for criminals to do.

If you're going to use a hardware wallet, at least back your keys up somewhere. (Like, in an encrypted file on a usb stick, in a safety deposit box.)

>> No.4846475

>Exchanges
>A set of number representing what you have of said coin
>Exchanges have more coins in circulation than they own
>Everyone wants to withdraw
>Hehe I'm sorry we are experiencing technical problems
>Turns out they frauded you

>> No.4846500

>>4846407
you think this isn't possible because it's marketed as "le super secure le best le "

> look at my usb stick with on chip OS! I'll never be hacked
Jokes on you fukin faggot. Cause everything can potentially get hacked. The more secure you try to make things the more chance you leave holes. and this is especially true for the first gen glorified usb sticks. Or hardware wallets like you want to call it

>> No.4846542

>>4846500
This, so many people are suckers for advertising. As long as something is connected to a machine which is connected to the internet, there WILL be a way for someone to hack it. No amount of fancy technology or software can save you.

>> No.4846640
File: 53 KB, 800x450, sh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Google news search the Bittrex verification debacle for example, my BTC are stuck there currently. It's the exchanges themselves that are the problem. And you heard about Mt gox right?

>> No.4846752

>>4846500
It is impossible to interact with without entering in a passcode with the physical buttons on the device.
Its open source and no one has cracked it yet so if you figure out how to break it you will be very rich

>> No.4846790
File: 289 KB, 400x471, 1512522156999.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4846316

> thinks hardware wallets are just flash drives
> fell for "exchanges are secure" meme

bring them all your coins, maybe they will allow you to withdraw them if you're a being a goodboy