[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 2.69 MB, 853x480, SHEKELS.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
481731 No.481731 [Reply] [Original]

Where should I sign up and why?
Pic somewhat related, that is what I am trying to avoid... I mostly need it to manage digital currencies.

>> No.481739
File: 17 KB, 965x607, ally-bank-logo.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mostly need it to manage digital currencies
That's most people unless you own a retail business.

It depends on what services you need. If it's just your basic checking / savings accounts, I like Ally.

>> No.481751

>>481739
What do you think of Simple bank?

>> No.482456

>>481731
sauce on that video

>> No.482457

>>481731
Charles Schwabb?

>> No.482482

>not going with a credit union

>> No.482512

>>481751
Simple isn't bad, but it's not a full service bank account. I'd type it out but I'm too lazy. Google around and you'll find out.

>>481731
>>481739
Ally bank is what I use. They're fine. Customer service is always accessible in less than 5m wait time. Capital One 360 is also a good online-only bank. I intend to move to them so that I can consolidate my credit cards/loans/accounts to one service provider.

Do not use a retail bank (Wells/Chase/BofA/etc.) They have ridiculous account requirements to keep the accounts free, and the value add is non-existent (you're basically paying a premium to cover the expense of your bank having physical branch locations/more employees.)

Credit unions are a good choice, but literally every CU I've researched has less favorable accounts than Capital One 360/Ally bank. Both of these online-only banks have no account requirements to keep your accounts free, which is what really matters.

>> No.482513

>>482457
Charles Schwab is a good bank I omitted in my last post. They have the BEST customer service. The accounts still have some requirements to be kept free though.

Power rankings:
1. Ally/Capital One 360
2. Charles Schwab
3. Credit Union
4. Mattress/Hole in your abode's wall
8999. Large retail banks (Wells/etc.)

Don't use AmEx's accounts. Bluebird is a shit checking account.

>> No.482514

>>482482
Read my prior posts.

Every CU has account requirements to keep your account free, and offer lower APYs than online-only banks such as Ally, Charles Schwab, and Capital One 360.

CU's and Charles Schwab are your best options if you need physical locations where you wish to speak with someone (idk why you would need to when it can all be done online.)

>> No.482526

>>481731
I went with ING Direct many moons ago and loved it. Now that they are owned by CapitalOneBank and I live in an area with a lot of their banks, I was very happy about this turn of events.