[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 78 KB, 900x600, spurdo don't step on benus.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4661305 No.4661305 [Reply] [Original]

Probably starting a new job as recruitment consultant in a few weeks. Anyone has experience, feedback, tips, resources to share?

>> No.4661471

what's a recruitment consultant supposed to do? find decent people willing to work for $12/hr ?

>> No.4661555

>>4661471
how do you qualify/find jobs for this? Do you need to be full blood aryan?

>> No.4661729

>>4661471
it could, but that would be more a temp agency

consulting firms generally deal with higher profiles , job has two parts
clients: find companies who entrust their recruitment to you for a fee (~20% of gross yearly pay for filled position)
candidates: find, screen, coach suitable candidates for your clients

In my case, I will be recruiting "flying" (when a high ranking exec leaves in can take 6 to 12 month to find suitable replacement. In the meantime, "flying managers" come in to cover the transition) mid and top level finance professionals (head accountant, director of finance, financial auditors, etc...)

>> No.4661842

>>4661729
how will someone like yourself, who is not a top professional in a particular field, identify quality candidates?

also my tip is to learn Excel inside and out, it helps with all office jobs.

>> No.4661926

>>4661555
bachelor in foreign languagues
10 years international work experience in hospitality, every rank from waiter to F&B manager
M.B.A in Hotel and Tourism Management
Introduced by a friend

They don't really care about your resume, other than what it says about you as a person. Focus heavily on soft skills, negotiations and market development skills.

aryan not a requirement, but at the high level you need the whole package, people who look good are better received and listened to, and as unfair as it may be, that's an edge you can't afford to not have.

>> No.4662141

>>4661305
>wagecuck general

>> No.4662211

>>4661842
after basic training, you have 2 month to get contact info for 120 CEOs and 120 CFO/Director of Finance
You then go and see a coach specialized in interview training and go through the whole 240 names calling them up, getting as much as you can out of them.
I asked the exact same question during my initial interview "Once you'll have met 300-400 [insert speciality] you'll be an expert" While we don't develop the technical skills required for the position, we must master of all the different concepts/technical lexicon.
The professional has the skills, we have a precise understanding of where those skills fit in in the "chain", and of who is looking for what at a given moment.

>> No.4662261

>>4662141
I bill, I do not receive wages