[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 76 KB, 1280x968, 1500091870564.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4625017 No.4625017 [Reply] [Original]

I know this board is mostly about coins, but trying to get some work advice. What do you think about people in the office who get to work right on time and leave right on time when they're salaried?

I recently had my quarterly review and it was mentioned to be more "present" with the rest of the team to grow my skillset in a specific area, but I haven't been reprimanded for the amount of time I spend in the office. I basically get there at 9, take an hour lunch, and leave at 5.

But that's mainly because I have no kids or significant other at home, so I can come home and get work done while logged into my VPN, which isn't the case for most of my coworkers. I know some people whisper about when I come in and when I leave.

But if I'm not missing deadlines, is this okay, or should I force myself to sit in front of the computer at my desk when I could be watching the game at home and working on spreadsheets in my comfy chair?

>> No.4625097

Coworkers are the fucking worst. Do your job, do it well, and don't slack while you're there. Keep your bosses happy and your head down and you'll be fine. Fuck those people, let em talk.

>> No.4625121

>>4625017
i don't have a job, but here is my advice. keep doing what you are doing, when you can live comfy quit your job and live crypto life.

>> No.4625170

>>4625017
Just force yourself at work, I know it makes no sense, but that's how it works.
Even in the nerdiest workaholic group you are, you need to be social for who knows what fucking reason, people just can't accept a pact of professionality and will see you as an autist because yeah you gotta be social.

>> No.4625176

>>4625017
Normies get office jobs, and normies like drama.
As someone else said: keep your head down, do the job you're asked to do and do it well, and be on time and leave when you're supposed to.
If the faggots don't have any dirt on you, they can't blame you for their mistakes.
Remember, these jobs are a stepping stone to better opportunities.

>> No.4625190

>>4625017
Salary people are expected to stay longer than hourly people because the company wants to get their moneys worth.
That being said, if you have a work phone there's no point to you staying longer when they can just call you from home.

>> No.4625226

>>4625017
>working unpaid overtime
The absolute state of wage slaves

>> No.4625262

>>4625170
I'm a really social guy, it's not that I don't interact with people. Whenever we do work happy hours or vendor meetings, I'm the life of the party. I know about every person's wife/kid/little dog/hobby, and I'm unanimously called "a pleasure to work with" and that I "have a great attitude." I just hate the fucking office.

>>4625190
Yep, I have a work phone. I respond to emails on the weekends. If anyone has a work need for me to be there early or late, I never complain... I just hate being stuck in a desk chair in the same bland office as the sun sets.

>> No.4625264

>>4625017
dont ever do things where you don't think your boss wont be happy about, if the boss just wants the shit done, it really doesn't matter what you do man.

Just act like you want to be part of the group though more, interact, ask if they seen any movies or doing anything fun this weekend, it really goes a long way. You don't even have to listen just ask, and they will feel more awesome around you and will tell the boss nice things as you slack but get shit done.

>> No.4625305

>>4625264
>more "present"

they don't mean physically. they mean stop being an autist and talk to people

>> No.4625351

>>4625017
>normally mild mannered in the office
>when ever there is an office party with booze I go overboard

>> No.4625486

>>4625264
>>4625305

Already explained that I'm plenty social with people.

>>4625351
Nah, booze isn't a prerequisite. I just see my time in the office as time to mostly stick to the task at hand.

>> No.4625808

>>4625017
Depends on what your job is and how you’re compensated. Unless you’re exempt from overtime if they want you in the office more than 40 hours a week make sure they pay for it.

There’s a political component here too, that’s to say if you want to advance within the organization you may have to suck it up and hang around the office regardless of overtime.

>> No.4625878
File: 15 KB, 182x187, C85E1400-53FE-4F05-9FAA-CA25AA4F071D.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>have office job
>always leave perfect on time
>daily tasks are always finished
>fat jewish fridge shaped woman chimps out one day calling me lazy and why I always leave on time while they have to stay longer and how they have kids and I don‘t and these kids have to wait longer because they can never leave on time
>just laugh it off saying „ain’t my problem“ and continue leaving always on time
>jewish woman starts to spread lies about me to other coworkers
>shortly after they start their conspiracy to get rid off me