[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 7 KB, 284x284, (´・ω・`).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
458750 No.458750[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>tfw bioengineering degree
>tfw biotechnology degree
>tfw any company I might start that is related to my studies requires a heavy investment
>tfw my friends either had to find shitty jobs or started companies in a completely different field
>tfw if I really want to start a company, my years of studying biotechs will go to waste

>> No.459318
File: 2 KB, 160x120, zgl_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Looks like you wanted to start a company without any knowledge of economics. May I suggest you get some Experience as an Employee first?

>> No.459327

>>459318
lold hard

>> No.459330

>>459318
>>459318
best novelty account I've seen yet, upboated :)

>> No.459331

Shitty life choices are shitty.

But could have been worse: You could have studied ZE HUMANITIES.

>> No.459338

Question: can you create a product, regardless of investment required, that people will buy, that's not already existing in the market

>I will make X which already exists but it will sell it cheaper

This won't work, your profits will be minimal

>I will make X which already exists, but I will sell it at a higher cost because my product will be better

This business model works, but you need a established name or brand for it to take off, otherwise people won't trust you

>I will make a niche product that doesn't exist, but there exists a market of people that will buy it, giving me a profit

This business model works as well, but you need to make a product that is necessary for a small group of people, which are willing to pay a lot for it because you're the only one, bear in mind if you're somewhat successful, others will begin to copy you, if you know how to play your cards however, given that you where the first and have a hold of the market plus already established production, you can keep your crown, the problem is that if you're too successful, big companies with huge capitals will try to buy you, maybe they'll give you a very high paying salary as manager of that specific production line, or they will pay your shit and take everything for you, either way the will start developing your product on large scale or better quality, which will be hard but not impossible to compete if you have a very strong grasp of your market or if your product can be protected with a patent which will prevent others from copying your product
Otherwise get a job for some time working a bioengineer, even a low paying one and understand how a biotechnology business works

then when you feel you're ready to replicate that, take a Loan for a startup company, look for investors, and make an UNIQUE product, it's all that matters, that your product is the only ONE around

>> No.459346
File: 22 KB, 640x480, help.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>459318

>> No.459347

>>458750
Are... are you me?
I'm working a shitty data entry job, but it keeps me occupied and helps me pay my student loans. I'm saving up to go back to school for a CS minor.

>> No.459358

>>459338
from a software perspective I have found that the only thing your product needs is to look better than the competition. - aaand when it's a unique product I also found that the first question you have to ask yourself is "why didn't anyone else think of it" - and the answer most often ist devastating.