[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 48 KB, 1024x768, wGHsa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
448435 No.448435[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

All right, I'm not sure if this is the right place at all to ask. If it isn't, please point me in the right direction.

I have several questions about bitcoins.

1. How does one "mine" for them? What exactly is the process?
2. How profitable is it?
3. If me and some friends were to invest in several laptops/ rigs and have them running constantly, how profitable would that be? How would I need to build these rigs to make it optimal/ profitable?

If this is the wrong place to ask about this sort of thing, please inform me, and if so I'm sorry.

>> No.448456

>>448435
bitcoin has been updated since the great runup of 2013. to mine, you must get a bitcoin miner (google search ASIC miner) as ordinary non-threaded GPU devices like personal computers no longer mine effectively.

ASIC units pay for themselves after about 6-8 months if you run them at full capacity, and even sooner (about 4 months) if you overglock it. Warning, though, those suckers get hot if you do choose to overglock, so you may wish to have it in a water cooler.

Best of luck! I turned my $3,000 investment into over €10,000 in bitcoins last year.