[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 30 KB, 441x197, patent_pending.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
415798 No.415798[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Shot in the dark here, but maybe someone on here has some experience.

So I recently filed a provisional patent, will file the full patent in a few months. I figure the patent is worth an easy 1-2 million, perhaps over low-balling it. I've looked at all the patent auction sites, also considering a patent broker to sell.

Any of you have any experience with selling patents? Any advice?

>> No.415807

This I'd pretty much whatpatents were not designed for. I would say a
You're a retard and have no idea what the fuck you are doing. Have you checked if your patent infringes on another? Have checked the novelty of it? You're in the USA which means the patent office let's the courts decide on the merit of it and that means you're fucked.

Apart fron that, you guess its worth an easy millions? Haha has it even been tested? Has the tech been made? Any prelim data to back up that claim? Have you checked other territories if your patent exists there?

Toy also need to realise that I'd you're idea is truly unique you've just made it public. Gg you've let the world know how to replicate it.

I'm giving you so much hate because you're a scumbag. Patents are for protecting your ideas so you can develop them and release a product not for squatting like a fucking cunt on an idea that someone else most likely also has.

>> No.415810

>>415807
Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like??

>> No.415816

>>415807

Clearly you don't know shit faggot.

1) I am an engineer.
2) Built and tested prototype, works 100% and is nearly indestructible
3) Solves a major problem in a niche market, per unit profit easily within the $2-3 range at scale, manufacturing cost approximately 80 cents at scale (material being the cost driver)

I have 4 other patents to file that blow this shit out of the water, but I'm using this one to test the water. I don't have to produce shit. I invented it, I can sell my patent as I please you jealous kike nigger.

>> No.415831

>>415816
You should talk to a patent attorney. It's expensive, but if you are serious about your idea they will be able to help secure your patent rights and take the proper legal steps to ensure your patent will be valid and therefore sellable.

>> No.415837

>>415831

I spent two months learning patent law and most of that on patent claims theory (slusky is a good ref).

I'm going to have a lawyer review my work and will make adjustments to my templates as needed. I'm not concerned with the patent side of things, I have that literally raped like a bitch.

I'm trying to determine avenues to turn and burn the patent. 2 million paid out at $50k year buys me 20+ years (with time from interest) to focus on my other inventions.

Anyway, I just thought I'd try on here to see if anyone had any experience with this type of thing. I don't need patent advice from anyone here, quite frankly I doubt anyone short of a patent lawyer would be in my league at this point, and even then I bet I know claims theory as well as if not better than most.

>> No.415842
File: 91 KB, 630x418, 1402575943783.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>415837
Your choice of words and short amount of study time makes me doubt that you really have your invention "raped like a bitch" or that you have a sufficient handle on patent law to really have an air tight patent. You sound like an arrogant child who is over estimating his abilities.

Supposing you did have this genius level of intelligence, very few people are going to be interested in buying a patent for a product that hasn't been tested in the market.

You might be able to sell your patent to someone with a similar invention so they can further secure the rights to their own invention.

Good luck with your invention though. I hope it works for you.

>> No.415848

>>415842

That's fine, whatever you believe based on my "language" doesn't impact reality.

I already know the invention will work in its niche market, and the claims are written broad enough that I have this technology on lock for the next 19 years. Broadness of a patent determines how much it's worth.

I'd wager I can get two million for it just selling it to lawyers who will camp on it for lawsuit purposes alone.

Anyway, I see I've wasted my time on this forum.

>> No.415857

>>415798
>Any of you have any experience with selling patents?

No I just happen to publish them for USPTO.

>Any advice?

Your application hasn't even gotten out of the pre-exam stage and you're already talking about selling a "patent"? You've got a long way to go before "selling" even comes into the equation.

>> No.415865

>>415857

It'll get through the patent review without a single problem. The entire patent consists of 1 independent, 1 dependent, and 1 method. I've reviewed every patent on the subject and it's a completely unique solution. Prior art referenced is zero.

>> No.415869
File: 105 KB, 500x331, 7050312963_fee401df77.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Anyway, I see I've wasted my time on this forum.

>> No.415885

>>415865
>It'll get through the patent review without a single problem.

I will quite literally be the judge of that...

>> No.415948
File: 31 KB, 400x300, tumblr_mpvu7hKOBT1szim6vo1_400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>415885
>I see I've wasted my time on this forum.
lolololollolol
>mfw when I'm totally right about op

>> No.415988

>>415865
Ok then, so I have a patent for and undisclosed item/system in my home country and just finished filing my pct paperwork for international application withing America.

The process takes a long ass time even if yours clears all the scrutiny. Be prepared for a lawsuit within 6 months of your patent existing in America, there is always some asshole incising their item/system is exactly like yours.

Since you have a functional prototype I seriously suggest you sell it, even if you only sell a few to some stores that don't really care. OR even if you sell it online, just having a record of the items existence beyond just a patent is extraordinary.

Oh and my attorney costs for all home country paperwork & time spend at the top patent office came to around $16,000, estimated to be around $12,000 by the end of the process in America.

Also, whats your patent # I'm Interested.

And I hope you enjoy fraud from the Czech Republic.

>> No.416830

>>415798
bump 4 curiousity