[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 14 KB, 302x167, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
404335 No.404335[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Who does /biz/ use as an online investment broker?

I'm a noob looking to invest around 2k. While this would be my first account, I'm about to graduate with a business degree so I have an above average business aptitude. This makes me shy away from those with higher trade rates. Are their research and educational tool worth the extra dough? Tadeking has caught my eye? Any help would be appreciated.

>> No.404349

>>404335

I've used etrade, Wells Fargo, scottrade, fidelity, and tradeking. I like scottrade's functionality and dashboard the best, but I would go to the broker that gives you the best deal for opening an account there. Usually you can't get big free money bonuses and a lot of free trades unless you deposit $20k+. I'd find a broker that will give you something like 10 free trades for a minimum $2000 deposit.

As far as the research, most of them use S&P Cap IQ for stock reports. The info is OK, but it's really nothing you can't get for free at yahoo finance.

>> No.404425

OP here

Yeah I like the idea of 10 free trades. Especially since I'm leaning more towards short term gain opportunities.

>> No.404433
File: 9 KB, 250x250, 1398720659829.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>404335

>using a brokerage other than Vanguard for investing
>using a brokerage other than IB for trading

ishygddt