[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 121 KB, 500x500, 1369027673001.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
396315 No.396315[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I've been trying everything, advertising on huge forums, e-mail marketing, SEO, freelance websites and so far I have 0 sales.

Should I start an affiliate program and see if others can bring me some customers? How much money on average do people get from affiliate programs? Where could I "announce" my affiliate program to webmasters?

>> No.396317

>>396315
What do you sell?

>> No.396319

>>396317

I started a translation agency

>> No.396323

>>396319

With things like google and bing tanslate, you won't find success advertising it on the internet. Do you actually live in a large city with lots of international business? That's basically a requirement. And when it comes to translators and things of that nature, it's usually through who you know, not just advertising yourself on the web.

>> No.396327
File: 95 KB, 200x194, 1370584920003.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>396323

Yes and I tried to do that but failed too. I guess the market is too saturated for this kind of services. If affiliate program fails I'll just sell the website.

>> No.396335

>>396319
>I started a translation agency
ouch

>> No.397167

>>396319
Do you translate audio recordings? Seems that would be more apt to compete with Google and Bing

>> No.397168

How many employees? How many languages between the whole company?

>> No.397171

>>397168
Oh and I forgot to ask where you are.

>> No.397176

>>396315
Have you talked to /d/ ? They might be willing to chip in some BTC to get stuff translated.

>> No.397185

>>396315
Give up OP you're just too dumb
9-5 job in an office is for you
not everyone can be a CEO

>> No.397200

>>396315
Become a physical bitcoin dealer.

wedeliverbitcoins.com

>> No.397399

Well, I'm of the "fail-fast" mentality. If you can't get a decent cashflow from any biz activity within a year or two, then more time will probably not help you.

Instead, cut your losses, fail quickly and move to the next thing.

Personal experience: Ran a money-losing company for years before throwing in the towel. Should have ditched it way earlier.

>> No.397422

>>396315

Cold call the fuck out of local businesses that might use your services. If you can't get anything ditch the startup and move on to the next one.

>> No.398732

Just throwing this out there but have you actually left your place and gone to networking meetings? This is one thing a lot of people miss when they're starting out. I had a similar problem but then went to networking meetings of the target group I was pursuing and from each one I would get at least one client.

>> No.399266

You need to fucking hustle. List 100 companies who could use your services. Split them into groups of 10. Ring all 10. Take a 10 minute break. Phone the next 10. Repeat until you're done. When that's done, look for networkibg events.

Most start ups completely fuck up because people are so averse to actually connecting with human beings and selling.

>> No.399279

>>396319
What languages can you translate?

If it's something common, like Spanish, that anyone can get a friend to translate for free, you're fucked.

If it's an uncommon, hard language that Google translate would fuck up (due to verb tense, sentence structure, etc.), you may have a chance, but you have to advertise to the right niche of people.

>> No.399986

Listen here because this is vitally important:

People RARELY go to professional translating services because they need a text translated for comprehension unless it is an EXTREMELY rare language.

The primary use of a professional translating service is for people needing official translations of documents holding legal weight, where the translation needs to be guaranteed. Examples include translations of birth certificates, vaccination history booklets, university grades transcripts, acceptance letters, business contracts etc.

So the question is: (1) do you have a university degree and (2) are you legally licensed as a translator?

If the answers are yes, then you need to hypertarget yourself to the demographics I listed above (affiliate your company to schools/unis, immigrant welcoming offices etc.).

If the answer is no, you have maybe one measly alternative: follow-up with the cold-call idea. You can maybe, maybe find a niche translating LONG and unofficial documents for companies who, for various reasons, do not require legally binding translations. This is a potentially viable business if you charge rates far lower than official translators since having them translate long documents is usually very costly.

>> No.400031

>>396315

Check out NoiseDiary.com - I might be able to help you

>> No.400067

>>397399
I was talking to my dad yesterday about starting my freelance writing business. I didn't expect him to say anything important. Just maybe discourage me by telling me getting a job somewhere else is easier. The first thing he said was "don't waste your time. If you're not making money just leave it." that really stuck with me.