[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 266 KB, 864x1198, 1386433667288.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
391098 No.391098 [Reply] [Original]

how are MLMs legal?

>> No.391100

Cults aren't legal.

>> No.391101

Because they sell products in addition to scamming employees.

>> No.391102

>>391100
*are

>> No.391104

Because 1) they have their large member-base of dumbasses heavily lobby politicians to basically have the government ignore them, and 2) they generally will position themselves just outside the edge of the law about what constitutes a pyramid scheme

>> No.391203

>>391098
In a pyramid scheme you just keep promising profits but it never happens. MLM's have decided to lobby and have argued that this is the refer a friend type of deal. All they do is expand on that. Most companies have a cap on refer a friend type of deals, these guys remove the cap. So in reality recruiting people is just marketing.

>> No.391332

>>391098
basically lobby/bribes/corruption and bending the laws, adapting them so they can survive.

I made a thread for MLMs too
>>388866

>> No.391369

>>391098
Say whatever you want, Pampered chef makes the best paring knives on earth.

>> No.391373

by not being audited. You know, like the federal reserve

tfw members of your family were tricked and bought overpriced products to try and achieve the dream these scammers protray as possible. Protip its never possible

>> No.391450

>>391102
I noticed a lot of comments on youtube about specific mlm products completely and all out defend the company that's scamming them. If they aren't shills, how could anyone be indoctrinated into being so loyal to a company that's fucking them? I don't see this level of loyalty from even wal mart where the employees are at least given a consistent salary.

>> No.391458

>>391450
It's the false promises of future wealth that literally every one of those people believes in. They force the idea down your troat that if you're not making money it's because you're not working hard enough and eventually you'll be filthy rich just keep buying into the scam

>> No.391459

>>391373
Unfortunately it is possible to a select few. At my school there was one girls who recruited enough people, because of her looks and popularity, that Vemma gave her a new BMW, only causing more sheeple to buy in

>> No.391462

I worked for a lawncare company that was heavy on MLM. We had to cheer on our leader as he was doing pushups or we got left behind and unpaid when they would take the van to whichever city we were working in.