[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 295 KB, 2400x1536, productivity-and-real-wages.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
375681 No.375681 [Reply] [Original]

>at start of academic year was interviewing for prestigious internships that oxbridge/imperial students would've loved to have
>failed tonnes of interviews
>am now going to have a big 4 audit internship interview for this summer

I don't want to start my career there but how good of an educational experience would this be for me considering the fact that I'm an engineering student with no knowledge of finance?

Despite failing S&T internship interviews, I know in those you don't do much more than get coffee, so I'm looking on the brightside (although I now have no desire for any career - I'm not sure if any "prestigious" career path is worth the hype).

>> No.375703

>>375681
What does engineering have to do with auditing? Does specialized knowledge of an industry help in any way? Like maybe assessing the value of human capital or something?

>> No.375793

>>375703

oh lawd, I forgot that biz is full of high schoolers that think you need specific degrees for specific jobs.

Guys, no one is impressed by finance degrees. I'd rather hire someone with a philosophy, english, or history of art degree than finance drone # 240123. The art majors can learn to be drones any time they want.

Look at dis nigga. He went to LSE and did philosophy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros

>> No.376925
File: 111 KB, 250x250, 1372572076293.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>375681
You will learn to use some of their software they use for auditing and most likely do nothing else, especially considering you're an engineer. They will expect you to know nothing and without knowing what company it is, I am guessing they will not expect you to learn too much in depth knowledge either. If you're lucky they'll get you good at one job function and you can have experience with that.

Why an engineer would choose auditing is baffling to me. It is a complete waste of your degree (since, yes, some jobs DO require you have a degree which matches such as engineering jobs), and you would've been better off with a liberal arts degree as you say if you wanted to get into this field since at least you would have a better time in college not having to study all the time.

Why did you not get an engineering internship? A non engineering related internship will not help your prospects very much in the engineering field since they really don't care about well roundedness for those jobs, they want you to have a great skillset related to engineering.

>> No.376951

>>375793
I don't think your in a position to condescend when you can't even pull off a fucking interview.

Anyone who may have the experience to actually help you is probably put off by your shit attitude. Stay jobless fag