[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 4 KB, 300x300, y=x.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
374422 No.374422 [Reply] [Original]

What are the jobs I am granted applicability to upon being awarded a bachelor's degree in mathematics?

>> No.374423

High school math teacher

>> No.374438

>>374422
Police officer. Seriously.

A degree such as mathematics requires lots of cognitive ability and keen problem solving skills. You could probably make detective within 2-3 years.

If your grades are good enough you could try FBI or IRS as well.

You could also check out various departments of your state government. For instance, whenever I finish my B.Sc. of Finance, I'm applying for a position as a criminal investigator with the Kentucky State Public Protection Cabinet. It doesn't require being a patrol officer on the beat fistfighting with meth fiends. It's mostly going after white collar stuff like delinquent taxes and embezzlement & laundering.

>> No.374442

>>374422
Do yourself a favor and take up computers. either computational mathematics or computer science. Alot of the classes will overlap with your Math degree

>> No.374443

>>374442
My cousin works in IT and there are quite a few programmers who majored in mathematics and either learned programming languages on their own or just took electives for it.

I guess if all you wanna be is a code monkey, there's no sense in going for comp sci when it's just the science behind computing and encompasses far more than just programming and algorithms.

>> No.374504

>>374422

Any job you want, 300k starting...

>bachelor's

Lel nope that's for math PhD's. You get jack shit, now shut up and go to grad school.

>> No.374505

>>374422
Yeah. Try grad school are become an Actuary.

>> No.374507

>>374505
or*