[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 108 KB, 500x531, ccd.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3566661 No.3566661 [Reply] [Original]

*raises spork

If solving the oracle problem really turns out to be that important for large companies to start utilizing the block chain, why wouldn't these major companies just develop their own implementations for doing so instead of spending hundreds of millions of dollars buying LINK tokens from neckbeards on the internet?

>> No.3566682

while you are at it can anyone PLEASE link me that chainlink sibos conf in october? I've looked all over and can't fucking find it. sibos.com gives zero results for nazarov or chainlink. not in google too. thanks

>> No.3566701
File: 88 KB, 300x400, 1505393512078.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

*puts on safety helmet and drools a bit*
If curing caner really turns out to be that important for large companies to start utilizing these cures, why wouldn't these major companies just develop their own implementations for doing so instead of spending hundreds of millions of dollars buying cures from the nerd who created it?

>> No.3566713

>>3566682
https://www.sibos.com/conference/conference-programme/bridging-dlt-and-swift-messaging-smartcontractcom-innotribe-industry

I don't know why these fucking mongs are so up in arms about oracles and shit.

Sergey had a use case where he said it would instantaneous insurance pay outs.

Wreck your car, provide police statement to insurance company, fulfill smart contract obligation, get instant payout based on a tier system to help you get back on your feet.

>> No.3566729

>>3566701
>pic
omfg. what is that?! how are is eyes like that!?
*laughs in spanish*

>> No.3566740

>>3566713
thanks bruh I've seen that before in my googling attempts. but what does it have to do with sergey or chainlink?

I mean it's innotribe that somehow connects to sergey I think but not sure and it's some october 2016 winner.

where's the october 2017 event that every linker keeps going about?

>> No.3566746

>>3566729
>>>>>>>>>>>>>reddit

>> No.3566756

>>3566661
benis

>> No.3566781

>>3566661
Because companies find it easier to let others take the risk, have most of them fail, then buy the ones that don't.

There's an entire multibillion dollar industry in silicon valley around it. When you hear a VC talk about 'exits' they can mean acquisition.

Sage this shit thread with the OP that's never heard of venture capital.

>> No.3566860

>>3566661
Because you already have a working product with Chainlink, with a recognizeable name and a diverse set of users operating nodes that facilitate the oracle. You cant replicate diversity in a platform in this case unless the platform already has name-recognition and widespread use, providing with many nodes

>> No.3566894

>>3566661
It's even more retarded than that. If people need trusted oracles, then using a blockchain at all is retarded. This is a well engineered scam

>> No.3566964

>>3566661
This was also my main doubt before entering the presale (and still is, really).
Some thoughts:
- using chainlink is easier than rolling your own oracle, you only have to work with a bunch of http API's, no solidity required
- oracle users can average (or remove outliers, whatever) the results of multiple chainlink nodes
- chainlink will provide a marketplace for oracle data
- chainlink nodes can stake tokens to make themselves more trustworthy
Of course you could do all of this without chainlink, but someone has to take the lead and unify the oracle ecosystem, I'd think. No doubt we'll see competing oracle networks after CL takes off.

>> No.3566971

>>3566894
>If people need trusted oracles, then using a blockchain at all is retarded.
What the heck are you on about? Please elaborate.