[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ]
2022-11: Warosu is now out of maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 150 KB, 1010x810, 1488240119214.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3409028 No.3409028 [Reply] [Original]

Do you regret not falling for the community college meme?

>> No.3409038

School is not a meme

>> No.3409069

education isnt a fucking meme dude, most of biz says to skip out on school but thats why most of the people here a fucking idiots screaming when they lose $1000, which is chump change.

>> No.3409080

Didn't you know? Everyone on /biz/ is a tortured genius plumber with 140 IQ. We are literally to smart to read.

>> No.3409085

As long as you dont fall for the institutionalization taught in humanities and go for STEM its not a meme

>> No.3409088

I went to a community college, if you don't go to one you are fucking dumb unless you just got a bunch of credits in highschool

>> No.3409102

not me bro, i'm only 120 and fell for the university scam to be a software engineer and work with sjw faggots complaining about my privilege until i'm 60.
it's gonna be hell

>> No.3409105
File: 8 KB, 300x168, images (5).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>to smart to read

>> No.3409108


I went to community college and got an AS in business AND web programming for free. My actual school wound up costing me like 40k AFTER community college.

But I have two degrees and I'm going to have a master's soon so it's all going to pay off r-right guys?

>> No.3409117

I fell for it because it got to the point where I either get a job or at least look like I'm getting one.

It sucks. I'm not the oldest one there but I'm still pretty old and I don't have anything in common with any of them. I live in the south too which means pretty much everyone over the age of 22 has a wife and kids. Pretty sure I have a reputation with my classmates for being the creepy loner.

>> No.3409120

I regret not doing 2 years CC then 2 years undergrad. My education could have costed my parents a lot less.

>> No.3409125
File: 1.88 MB, 300x225, Homer-Listening-to-Flanders.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

in usa dont bother if you dont go to ivy league university. they get hired with good salary, some of them. if not ivu league you better just skip education altogether

>> No.3409328


If memory serves me right, engineering majors are only 6% of majors and only 50% people who go for a bachelor's degree actually graduate. Other STEM degrees aren't as useful. I mean you can't do much with a biology degree. Science and math degrees are more for people who weren't smart enough to get an engineering degree. If they're lucky, they'll get a job as a lower paid engineer.

You'd be probably be better off getting a 2-year degree that pays $50,000 - $70,000 a year and start investing as soon as you graduate rather than risk a 50% chance of failure at a university. Any investor knows that 50% is terrible odds. I know someone who got a respiratory therapy degree and was hired before she even graduated. The average salary at that hospital is $24 an hour for a respiratory therapist according to indeed.com. And actual salaries on indeed.com are usually much higher in present day because most of the salary data is old. You can live off of $30,000 a year pretty easily unless you live in a SJW-infested place and invest the rest of it.

>> No.3409354

At my college only 40% were graduating in my engineering major. Pretty rough degree.

>> No.3409376
File: 27 KB, 250x323, 1357603178919.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>community college
That's where financially responsible people take their general courses and other junk nonsense required for their major. Then they transfer to a real college and take all their major relevant courses for maximum effect.

>> No.3409385

I went to community college and graduated and now I own a YouTube channel so I think it's a great idea. Here's the link to the latest video:


Bonus points if you donate to the relief fund.

>> No.3409422

I spent over 4 years at community college for an AA in engineering science. AMA

>> No.3409426


Yeah, it's silly that so many people go for bachelor's degrees when they can just get a high-paying associate's degree in 2 years. Then you end up with working at grocery store with tens of thousands of student loan debt and nothing to show for it. Don't go for a bachelor's degree unless you're certain you can get a useful one and graduate. Probably 50% of bachelor's degrees are useless, and 50% of people who go for one don't graduate. So basically you have a 25% chance of success with a bachelor's. 75% of the people who went for one should have gone for an Associate's instead.

>> No.3409461


>> No.3409466

well as long as you dont go for a useless degree an education will always trump not having an education. No matter what.

>> No.3409468


How much money do you make?

>> No.3409474


You also have to graduate, though. 50% of people can't do it, at least in the U.S.

>> No.3409519

Went to community college and got fantastic professors; my friends who went to a normal university said their profs didnt care at all.

Transferred to my choice of university with 30k in scholarships.

Community College is comfy guys

>> No.3409539

Tfw "software developer" (copy paster) with no degree making 90k in the Midwest
>People who fall for the CS meme

>> No.3409545

Nope, my time is uni was great. Got an education, met friends, girls, read good books, put myself in new situations. Now - not all situations were pleasant or easy, but steel isn't forged in the cold either.